1 (edited by GavinSmith 2020-05-21 12:31:33)

Hi,

I don't see much on here about Google Pixel 4.  Particularly, recent posts.  How does the Boldbeast recorder perform on the Pixel 4?

Are there any forum links/threads?

US, unlocked version.

Thanks.

- Gavin

Pixel 4 Android 10, please tap "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Hotkey", enable the Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service. Tap "Set Default Settings", then test it. If recordings are good, that's OK. If the caller's voice is weak in recordings, this indicates Google disabled the call recording feature in your area, in this case you should root the phone to fix it, because there is no other solution on the whole market without root.

Closing the loop…

Some time ago, I posted a few questions regarding S10 compatibility.  The practical solution was to root.  I researched the root path for over a week. 

The verdict – I found in many places that the bootloaders in the US Samsung S10 unlocked models (mine was purchased directly from Samsung) that end with a “u” cannot be unlocked, hence cannot be rooted.  Conversely, the bootloaders in the models sold outside the US can be unlocked and “rooted”.  (Somewhat related discussion - the international Exynos chips versus the US Qualcomm Snapdragon chips.)  The solution for the ultimate Samsung fan would be purchase and use the international version domestically.  Considered and researched.  In this scenario, you open doors to a whole new set of carrier compatibility issues.

Next alternative – Google Pixel.  The absence of forum posts, relative to the amount of Samsung posts was telling.  One YouTube poster mentioned his frustration with Samsung – everytime he’d post a video to root, Samsung would deploy a patch to mess things up. 

My Pixel arrived a week ago – unlocked, purchased online.  I tested with the Boldbeast recorder prior to rooting.  No luck.  The rooting process was incredibly easy, with the assistance of YouTube.  An issue with rooting US Samsung phones appears to be the Knox integration and questionable ability to use banking apps post root.  No such issues on the Pixel.  Boldbeast has worked incredibly well the past week.  Crystal-clear calls after enabling the app’s root options.   

Love the app.  Please keep doing what you’re doing.  I was a longtime Samsung user and never imaged anything else.  I “traded-in” the Samsung theme Store, the cool packaged ear set that Samsung bundles, and I paid embarrassingly more for the Pixel. 

I tested many apps prior to discovering Boldbeast.  Initially, 4-5 yrs ago, I was a bit overwhelmed by the robust call options and functionality, but you make the app easy to implement by the way it’s designed.  Also, I’ve noticed the constant improvements through the years.  I plan to test the WhatsApp recorder next.  Keep doing what you’re doing.  You make excellent apps.  Excellent support too.

Thanks for sharing the information.