I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5g Unlocked 512GB phone from Samsung. When I first got this phone a couple weeks ago and installed BB Pro 13.2 I could not hear the other side hardly at all. Well, sometime in the last week I noticed that I have the red message now with the triangle saying "Call Recordings are totally silent" which made my stomach sink. But I have tested it every which way from Sunday and since that red message appeared, my calls have been recording perfectly on both sides. I do not know how. My phone did not update the BB version. It is still on 13.2 and I noticed that there is a 13.3 out now. What does 13.3 do differently? Could it make a difference?

Also, I do have one complaint. The calls are recording now, but whereas it used to show the caller as long they were in your contact list, now all callers show as blank. I guess I could edit the important ones when I save them permanently but is there no way you can get the contact name detection working?

And once again, I can't explain what is going on. I did not change from Recording Mode 12. It just started recording the calls and doing so perfectly. I can live with this. But I would really appreciate it if you could get the contact detection to work.

BTW, my Android version is 10 and has been since I bought it. So if anyone can explain why it is working now when it was not before, I welcome your view on this. Thank you.

BTW, also, if you want an audio file of what my recordings sound like now, I am happy to send you one if you tell me where to send it and in what format.

Thanks for sharing the information.

1. Samsung enabled the call recording feature in some countries, so Boldbeast Recorder works well without efforts. However Samsung disabled the feature in other countries, in this case please see here: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic18 … rding.html

2. Please install Boldbeast Recorder from https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html directly to overwrite the version in your phone, at once the telephone number and contact name problem will disappear.
Why? Please see [007] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know the reason.
Don't uninstall the app then reinstall it. Instead please install and overwrite it directly, so that all your settings and recordings will remain unchanged.

Thank you for the information. I just do not understand why it started working AFTER the red triangle appeared. Before that i could not hear the other side. I am in the US. I will install the one you mentioned. I just hope it does not return me to not being able to record. Here goes nothing! :-)

I installed the version you had me download. Now, just like you said, my calls all show the correct contact information and both sides of the call are crystal clear. I just do not understand why the red triangle is there with the message  "Call Recordings are totally silent" yet it works perfectly but when there was no red warning I could only hear my side clearly. But no matter, it works right now and I am peachy keen. Thank you for continuing to support us as we try to continue using your app.

caine0001 wrote:

the red triangle is there with the message

Glad it works.
You can tap the message, then tap "Do not show again" to remove the message.

When the June security update installs on my S20 Ultra, will that remove all ability to record?

I thought I would update everyone with my dilemma over installing the June Security update to my Galaxy S20 Ultra 5g Unlocked phone. I had heard it negated all ability for the phone to record, so I was very hesitant about installing it and put if off as long as I could. My phone is not rooted. I have an S8+ that is rooted and works great with BB. But I won't root this one because some movie and banking and insurance apps will not work on a rooted phone. Anyway, it is not rooted. Finally the security update installed. I then tested the recording function and it is as good now or better than my rooted S8+. I do not know what they did, but I have never, never, had recordings sound this good. It is something inherent in the phone itself since I also found out that I can now use different recording apps and they all record both sides brilliantly. I still recommend BB as it is, and always has been, a leader in making sure that Android users have the ability to record. Besides that, they have way more features and ways to fine tune the app than the others. But I just think they deserve our business as they were proactive in helping so many of us maintain the ability to record even when phone makers were trying to take away that privilege. So kudos to BB and it creators. I highly recommend that everyone out there who does not have the ability built-in to record, that you buy the pro version of BB and enjoy the option.

Thanks for sharing the information, and thanks for your good words.