I'm having a problem with the call recorder, I'm using the demo at the moment but it is only recording my side of the conversation, at most all I get is a hiss from the caller. Any idea why?

Every system has bugs in it, Nokia fixes some bugs when they release a new firmware version. Third-party apps in your phone have bugs also, it's hard to say which one caused this problem.

I suggest you disable some related apps in your phone (such as other call recorders, call managers, answer machines etc) and test again. If the problem is still there, reset your phone and reinstall Boldbeast Recorder, it should work.

3 (edited by jocmac 2013-05-09 23:20:41)

I've updated the phone (Nokia 5230) with the latest update, reloaded boldbeast but there is very little difference, my voice is clear but callers is very quiet, indistinct and full of static/noise! Any ideas?
ps. I don't have any other answering/call recorder services on the phone.
pps When you say reset, do you mean a reset to factory default?

When you say reset, do you mean a reset to factory default? Yes, I do.
If the problem is still there after you reset your phone, I'm afraid this is related to your hardware, because Boldbeast Recorder works very well with all firmware versions of Nokia 5230. Please test with some other call recorders, if the result is the same you may ask your local Nokia center to check it.

Tried what you suggested, also tried the demo on a Nokia 5800 (with my sim), both phones were the same, the other caller was very indistinct and a lot of background noise. I also tried a different recorder, it recorded very well, both sides of the conversation. Unfortunately the beeps though disrupted and quieter were still there. I'll keep looking.

jocmac wrote:

Tried what you suggested, also tried the demo on a Nokia 5800 (with my sim), both phones were the same, the other caller was very indistinct and a lot of background noise. I also tried a different recorder, it recorded very well, both sides of the conversation. Unfortunately the beeps though disrupted and quieter were still there. I'll keep looking.

It's strange all the two phones of yours don't work well with Boldbeast Recorder but work well with other recorders. Hope you finally find a good call recorder for your phones.