1 (edited by userone 2014-03-05 21:11:45)

Hello!

Boldbeast failed to start after getting back Nokia E7/N8/808 device to normal (all possible storage drives ready) , from mass storage/USB mode (only phone memory available).

Software has been installed according to Boldbeast instructions in a demo mode.

Possible solution would be to switch to phone memory temporarily in order to save recordings,  when the device is busy using other drives (mass memory, memory card) in cases like above. Later making a copy of those temporary recordings from phone memory back to user selected drive.

Software then was started manually to work again.

Thank you.

When you try to start Boldbeast Recorder what have you noticed?

3 (edited by userone 2014-03-06 11:17:33)

Thank you for your prompt response.

It simply failed to initiate after finishing the USB mode data transfer with a computer. I didn't notice that earlier but later it became quite clear that there was something wrong. So had to re-start the software.

So the issue here is that software does not start during and after the USB data transfer mode of operation. It has worked flawless with other modes such as Nokia Suite, Media transfer.

User selected drive here is mass storage mode, so when in USB mode it is not available to use. During this period it may help if the recordings are saved to phone memory, later moving them to user selected drive of storage, then perhaps Boldbeast won't fail again.

Here the software is installed on phone drive, which is available even during USB mode but still is failing to start when other storage drives are busy.

I hope I have helped!

Thank you for your information. We'll investigate it.

I am facing same thing mate! Any update on this?

We tested with a Nokia 5800, this is the result:
1) In Boldbeast Recorder chose Disk E (the sd card) to save files.
2) Connected the phone to a PC via USB cable, made the phone in the massive storage mode.
3) Made a call, we noticed the call was not recorded, as if Boldbeast Recorder didn't know the call was there.
4) Disconnected the phone from the PC, the phone returned to the normal mode.
5) Made a call, we noticed the call was recorded as usual.

Conclusion:
- When a call comes if the phone is in the massive storage mode, the phone doesn't tell the recorder this event, as a result the call will not be  recorded.
- When a call comes if the phone has just returned from the massive storage mode to the normal mode, some phones doesn't tell the recorder this event, some other phones do tell.

Solution:
This feature is determined by the phone, it seems there is no good solution.