I have been using the registered version of BB and by accident today I noticed that files saved by BB have incorrect timestamps when viewed by any in-built file manager. So I checked with my PC and it has the same issue. Performed a fresh install and it still uses wrong time stamps!

Other files such as images and videos or texts are not affected with this error... . Played with auto to manual updates in clock settings but no luck. Found a solution where I had to change the timezone to GMT but that shifted everything else and can not be used hence.

Has anyone faced the same issue?

Help please!

What version are you using, Nokia version or Android version?

Nokia.

When you use a Nokia phone you should select a time zone as the system time zone.
Boldbeast Recorder gets the time that is related to the system time zone as the local time.

When I check withing the app, time's correct. It's when I export them to PC, I faced this issue. I have set everything right. From making a clean install to setting up time zones.

By the way, PC does not have any time zone issue!

Any suggestion!

PS. Checked and tried most of the answers from Nokia forum but none of them work!

Q: When I check withing the app, time's correct.
A: That's OK.

Q: It's when I export them to PC, I faced this issue.
A: There are many ways you can use to transfer recorded files to the PC, for example you can
1) upload them from the phone to the PC using FTP etc.
2) send them from the phone to the PC via bluetooth etc.
3) use Nokia PC Suite.
4) connect the phone to the PC via USB cable, making the phone as a USB disk, then use the file manager in the PC to copy them.

Some ways above may change the "last updated time" of transferred files in your PC. I suggest you test 4) above, it seems not change the time.

I use USB mode as that's the easiest way to transfer recorded files from the folders made by this app. The time stamp here is shifted exactly by what my time zone is. So, if I have a GMT+1 and if the time of actual recording is 6:00 then after transferring the file to PC, it becomes 7:00. This goes with any time zone settings, except one, GMT only.

This is the only app facing the issue. Any other media files are not getting affected at all!

Suggest some solution mate!

If there are 3 files in your phone:
1) E:\ABC\aaaaa.txt      2014-01-01 12:12     common file
2) E:\ABC\bbbbb.wav   2014-01-01 12:12     generated by Boldbeast Recorder
3) E:\ABC\ccccc.wav     2014-01-01 12:12     generated by other software

According to what you said, when you copy all these files from the phone to your computer,
1) E:\ABC\aaaaa.txt      2014-01-01 12:12     time not change in the computer
2) E:\ABC\bbbbb.wav   2014-01-01 11:12     TIME CHANGED  in the computer ?
3) E:\ABC\ccccc.wav     2014-01-01 12:12     time not change in the computer

The "last updated time" of 2) above changed?
No matter yes or no, do you think it is related to Boldbeast Recorder? Do you think this is not related to the file manager you used to copy these files?

If I knew the reason behind this then I would have stated otherwise earlier. But since you have highlighted the File Manager here I checked with that as well. As usual the time stamp has got changed. So to my previous post one fact has become clear that the time stamp gets changed when the app saves files. So the way your app handles the "save" function does "something" which causes this issue.

Files Manager on the other hand works well with other media files. So I do not think that that's an issue here. (Otherwise every photo, document etc. will face this issue!)

So here's what we have:

1) E:\ABC\aaaaa.txt      2014-01-01 12:12     common file
2) E:\ABC\bbbbb.wav   2014-01-01 11:12     generated by Boldbeast Recorder
3) E:\ABC\ccccc.wav     2014-01-01 12:12     generated by other software

So even before transferring to a PC, above shift in time has already taken place!

In the previous post you said:
"When I check withing the app, time's correct. It's when I export them to PC, I faced this issue. ",
"So, if I have a GMT+1 and if the time of actual recording is 6:00 then after transferring the file to PC, it becomes 7:00".
What did these mean?

Time shift happens when the app saves files. That can be viewed with a File Manager app. If you use the in-app UI then there is no issue. So time stamp is correct only "within" the app interface.

In reality the app saves with a shit in time.

Read the options "1), 2) and 3)" again. In option 2) the time has got changed. (Post No. 9)

To simplify:

View through app:                               No time shift
View through a File Manager/PC:    Time shifts

So we have a time zone difference on the saved files.

When you transfer a file from one system to another one, usually the "last modified time" of the file will be changed. If the time is very important for you, I suggest you use the time included in the file name - it will never be changed.

For example you recorded a file at 2014-12-12 12:12, the file name is Tom_111122223333_20140101212_I.WAV, the "20140101212" inside the file name will never be changed, no matter you copy it to your PC, send it to another phone, upload to a server - it always remain unchanged.

That is true that file names don't change. I also agree with the "last modified" time aspect. What I face is a shift in time, which gets "embedded" by BB when a file is saved. Strange thing is, it reads the right time in app UI, but when you check it with another file manager, you realize the change.

There are two fields in Windows PC. Date Modified and Date Created, both always change.
But what does not get changed is "Date/Time/Location" which is made exclusively by the app. Which can't be changed by any means!
As it gets "implanted" like a permanent mark on a file.

That what I asked you about.

Can't you do that mate?
Is it really too much to ask for?

Thank you though!

Let me try to clarify, you set your time zone as GMT+1, at this moment it is 2014-01-01 12:12 (your local time), we record a file.
1) In Boldbeast Recorder, it displays the time as 2014-01-01 12:12 (your local time), it's correct.
2) In the built-in file manager, it shows the file time as 2014-01-01 12:12 (your local time), it's correct too.
3) In a third-party file manager like ActiveFile, it shows the file time as 2014-01-01 11:12 (Greenwich time), it's also correct because there is 1 hour's shift between Greenwich Time and Local Time.

Conclusion
=========
Boldbeast Recorder processes time correctly. The time displayed in 2) and 3) above is different, because the two file managers use different time zone to display the time.