I have some troubles using the Call Recorder on my Galaxy Note N7000 (which is rooted).

.) Sometimes the software records calls, sometimes not. I use Record Mode 21 (rooted) and configured SuperSU to set
elevated rights to Call Recorder permanently. Don't know how to reproduce this. I will add my experiences about this behaviour in the next days.

.) The App returns to the normal phone speaker mode when switching to the loudspeaker mode.

Description of the phone & apps:

Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (GT-N7000)
Android-Version: 4.1.2
Base Band: N7000NELS1
Kernel: 3.0.31-906407
se.infra@SEI-46 #3
SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 14 02:26:43 KST 2013
Buildnumber: JZO54K.N7000XXLSZ

Boldbeast Recorder 7.1
SuperSU 2.01

Many thanks!
best regards
Helmut

"Some calls were recorded, some calls were not" - this indicates there are bugs in the ROM. We checked more than 100 Android phones and found:

(1) When a call comes some phones don't notify the recorder correctly, for example:
    HTC One E8 Android 4.4.2
    Galaxy SM-G7102 Android 4.4.2
    Huawei H60-L01 Android 4.4.2
    Xperia Z1 C6903 Android 4.4.4
Fortunately we changed Boldbeast Recorder in V7.2, now it can bypass this bug for all phones.

(2) The built-in MediaServer of some phones works unstable, for example:
    Galaxy Xcover2 GT-S7710 Android 4.1.2
    Galaxy GT-I9100 Cyanogenmod Android 4.4.4 (fe36758b1b)
    Huawei MT7-TL10 Android 4.4.2
No matter what recorder you use, you'll find the problem is always there - MediaServer works unstable.
I suggest you update the ROM to a newer version, maybe the manufacturer has fixed it in newer ROMs. In Boldbeast Recorder you can also use the Alsa Mode to record calls. Alsa Engine is a record engine made by ourselves that doesn't utilize MediaServer, maybe this works well.

OK - thanks for your reply! I tried all ALSA Modes (Auto, 1-5) and it records only a few seconds and then stops and starts again. ("Cannot record call. Please change the record mode ...")

I think i'll invest in a new mobile before updating (and possible bricking) the old phone.
I'm not experienced in updating a firmware.

Thanks and best regards
Helmut

Alsa Mode works very well in some phones, doesn't work in other phones because it's hard to find right parameters used by the phone.