Here is a copy of an email I sent to Boldbeast service. I am posting it here in hopes that maybe someone else has had a similar issue and can offer me some advice on what to do. Here is a copy of the email I sent to them:

"I love your app as I have stated to you before. It is well worth the $9.95 I believe I paid for it. It has worked flawlessly until this past week. My AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 received the update to Android 4.4.4 a couple of weeks ago so I do not know if this is affecting things or not, but here is my issue: Whenever I make a call to any number that has not been called in a while, the first time I dial it the phone will start the timer like it has been answered and the Boldbeast blue notification that it is recording will come on, but I will not hear any ringing and no answer. The line will stay silent or dead no matter how long I wait. When I hang up, Boldbeast asks if I want to save it or not. But if I dial the number back immediately it will ring through and get answered normally and record just fine. This has been going on for a few days. But right before that I had a weird thing happen. All of a sudden Boldbeast would give me an error message about not being able to record, both memos and phone calls. And when it would record a phone call it would continue recording and not ask me to save when we hung up. It would continue for a few minutes after hanging up the phone and then Boldbeast would stop and ask if I wanted to save the recording. Also, and this may be unrelated, when I use the phone through my Bluetooth in my car, Boldbeast comes on like it is recording but it doesn’t record either side of the call and after I hang up it continues to run for a few minutes and then stop and ask if I want to Save the call or not. If I say yes, there is nothing to listen to because the entire recording is silence since nothing was recorded.

Now, I might have thought all of this was caused by the 4.4.4 update, but it worked perfectly for a week or a couple weeks after the update and just started having problems in the last 3 to 4 days. I have uninstalled the app, shut the phone off for 5 minutes, the restarted. Everything went back to working perfectly. So I shut down again and let it sit for 5 minutes then restarted the phone and reinstalled the app. It seems to have helped a little, but it went right back to doing the same thing on some numbers I try to call. The first call will seem normal and boldbeast will record but there is nothing, no sound at all. But if I hang up and dial again it will go through like normal. It doesn’t seem to do it on every call like it was, but it is still doing it often enough to be aggravating.

Do you have any ideas as to what I can do to fix this (these) issues? I do not want to continue to have to dial my numbers twice to get them to go through. Since it worked perfectly for so long, I thought that there must be something that has changed. Did you update the app since I bought it? Is it incompatible with any other apps? Since I bought it I have installed the Merriam-Webster Dictionary and the update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 took place. I also installed the Lose It! app which is a diet and exercise app. Besides that I installed the Rite Aid app which is a drugstore app and also some other reference apps such as drug reference and medical reference apps.

So, do you have any ideas as to what the problem could be? Is there anything that I can try to see if it fixes the issue(s)? Please have some advice for me. I love this app and want it to go back to working perfectly again. So there has to be something causing this. Please help me asap. Thank you."

So, does anybody have any ideas to help me? I would be eternally grateful. Thank you very much.

Several days ago we released the new version V7.2, we changed several modules but they have nothing to do with this problem.
Please try to change the "Tune Samsung 3" item to other options and test again. Does it work well now?

I wanted to revisit this page and post that everything I mentioned in the above post was taken care of by changing the "Tune Samsung 3" item to "Enable Group 2" as opposed to the default Group 1 for the S4. This is for my S4 with Android 4.4.4. Changing the "Tune Samsung 3" setting was suggested by the support team here so I experimented with the different options and it worked. For a more extensive explanation of what this fixes and how, you can refer to this thread, “Call recorder for Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 (No root needed)”, located here: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic864 … eded.html.

I must say that I have been more than impressed with the speed with which I have received support for my problem. As it turns out, it isn't a problem with the app, but due to changes in the Android firmware when it went to 4.4.4, some of the features of the app just needed to be adjusted to make sure it continued to work smoothly. I refer to it as growing pains, since both the app and the firmware are updating and are working properly. Neither are defective. The "problem" is really just an adjustment I needed to make to accommodate all of the growth in the app and the firmware.

And just so everyone knows, every time I emailed support for Boldbeast I received help within a few hours at most, sometimes quicker. The best part is that they are knowledgeable enough about their product and how it interacts with so many devices that they can provide a working answer usually on the very first contact. Plus, they do not make you feel stupid or inadequate or give the impression they are smarter than you are (even though they probably are). They listen, and their responses are applicable, and they actually welcome any data you can offer them on how the app is working (or not working) for you.

So anyway, I felt that the company, whether large or small, that created and supports this app, needed to be acknowledged for their professionalism and the way they support their customers. They could very easily go the other way since they are pretty much the only ones who are providing an app for individuals that can turn an Android phone into a working phone call recorder that can capture both sides of the conversation from within the phone itself and not have to resort to trying to record by means of the speakerphone or some other quirky method. With little to no competition some companies are hard to deal with since they know you can't go to anyone else. But that is not how they are here.

Well that's it. I wanted to back up my rating of the app with some concrete comments that others can read and thus really understand how great this app and company really are. So now you know. All I can add is, Buy this app if you want to record calls. You will not find anything better or even close to being as good as Boldbeast.