Boldbeast Recorder displays "Cannot record calls because of SELinux. Please change Record Mode in settings and try again, or visit the developer web site to know how to remove the SELinux limit.", what's the matter?
You are using Record Mode 21,22,23,24,31,32,33,34 but it can't work because of the limit of SELinux. Please:
- install the SELinuxModeChanger app (please google it to download and install it).
- use SELinuxModeChanger to set SELinux to "Permissive" to remove the limit.
- now you can use Record Mode 21,22,23,24,31,32,33,34.
SELinux is a Linux kernel module that provides a mechanism for supporting access control policies to make the system more secure. If possible you should remain SELinux enforcing. But this may make many apps that need root access not working, for example it may prevent Boldbeast Recorder fixing recording problems in some phones.
- You need to care about SELinux only if your system is Android 5.0 up (some Samsung phones are Android 4.3 up).
- Some phones don't need to change SELinux even if the system is Android 5.0 up (Samsung 4.3 up), because the SELinux policies don't prevent Boldbeast Recorder work. It's different from phone to phone.
Record Mode 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14 in Boldbeast Recorder have nothing to do with SELinux, so they are preferred.
Record Mode 21,22,23,24,31,32,33,34 are very powerful, some phones must use them to record calls in two directions. In this case if they don't work you should set SELinux to permissive to make them work.