No root needed, Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Lollipop Android 5.0 records calls perfectly.
Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 4
- Tune Samsung1: No
- Tune Samsung2: No
- Tune Samsung3: Group1
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

Updated 2015-11-16
================
Following ROMs work well without root using above settings:

I9505XXUHOB7
I9505XXUHOD7
I9505XXUHOE3
I9505XXUHOF2
I9505XXUHOH2
I9505XXUHOJ2  -------> Most users said this one works very well
I9505XXUGNH8
I9505XXUPOJ2

Other ROMs may not work, therefore you need to:
- root the phone, then the recorder can fix the problem. Or
- update your ROM to one in the list above (I9505XXUHOJ2 is suggested), then it works without root.
You can see your ROM type in the built-in "Settings - About phone" screen.

Galaxy S4 GT-I9505: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Call Recorder

Galaxy S4: Galaxy S4 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 GT-I9505: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SCH-I545: Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SGH-I337: Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SGH-M919: Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SPH-L720: Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 CM11: Galaxy S4 CM11 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 CM12: Galaxy S4 CM12 Call Recorder

4 (edited by ZEI_ZOO7 2016-10-01 23:12:07)

My Mobile is Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505XXUHOJ2  -------> Most users said this one works very well but i'm say the opposite because the sound is too loud so i can't understand it although i applied the instructions above, and after 1 day all the calls appeared without sound during the call and of course in the recorded file.

Notice: I tried all the recording calls apps but i'm sorry to say all of it failed, why this is the question i have no idea about the solution, although the mobile is rooted.

I hope to find the solution in this useful and amazing site.

Thank you very much for your help

Now that you have rooted your phone, Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: Yes

Thanks a lot but this message is appeared when i applied the instructions above

Cannot apply correct recording parameters. You should use CWM Recovery (TWRP, PhilZ etc) to install the newest patch downloaded from the developer website

You should disable the "Change Audio Driver" option.
Please use suggested settings to test again.

8 (edited by ZEI_ZOO7 2016-10-02 16:49:20)

I'm unchecked the box Change Audio Driver the first time I'm tested the app

Only my sound is recorded although the box Start Input Stream is checked, and when the call has ended immediately the massage I've mentioned above is appeared.

How can i upload a screenshot from my mobile to ensure that i'm do the right thing and to see the boldbeast' massage.

If the message displayed as you said, you didn't disable the "Change Audio Driver" option.
Please disable it and test again. If needed please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me, let us have a look at them and see what happened.

11 (edited by ZEI_ZOO7 2016-10-04 17:22:37)

I sent an email that I'm explaining the problem in it.

the email is: (bmsa80 at gmail)

Hi bro, there is no way I didn't try it, but the results doesn't suitable.

when i applied the suggestions you're mentioned above the app doesn't record anything and asks me to change the mode or uninstall all the call recorder,  and I'm uninstalled all the call recorders not the voice recorders but the result is the same, but when I change the suggestions to the other ones the app is beginning to record too noisy sound and the story repeated itself.

what's the problem, my friend has galaxy s4 I9505 and he installed several call recorders and all of it work greatly.

Is the problem in the settings of my phone or i need to certain patches or supersu is the problem or what.

Now, my dream is to resolve this problem and record crystal calls as my nokia N95 I had it the past.

thanks dude

I checked your new log files, another recorder blocked this app working. From your log files I saw no call was saved. You must uninstall all other recorders, then test again. You said "my friend has galaxy s4 I9505 and he installed several call recorders and all of it work greatly", it's impossible.

will you please, tell me what's that app name that blocked the boldbeast from working cause I've been uninstalled all recorders and the problem is still standing.

I don't know.
If you don't know either, I suggest you reset the phone to factory settings to remove all apps, then test again.

If I do that what will happen to the root. Should I reroot it again or what?

ZEI_ZOO7 wrote:

If I do that what will happen to the root. Should I reroot it again or what?

There are more than 10000 Android phones, the root approach is different from phone to phone. Please ask the developer who provided the root approach what will happen to the root if you reset the phone to factory settings.