Android 6.0 and later versions have a feature named Battery Optimization, to save battery Android will put an app into the deactivated state if the app is not used for a long time.

If a call recorder is put into the deactivated state,
- when a new incoming call comes
  . if the screen is off, Android will not allow the recorder running, as a result the call will not be recorded.
  . if the screen is on, all apps are activated in this case, the call can be recorded.
- when you are making an outgoing call the screen is on, all apps are activated in this case, outgoing calls can always be recorded.

This is the reason why users said "some calls were not recorded, it seems randomly".

Solution 1
========
In Boldbeast Recorder V8.7 up, enable the "Standby Indicator" in the app to avoid being deactivated.

Solution 2
========
Open the built-in "Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization" screen, set Boldbeast Recorder as "Not Optimized", then the problem will disappear.
Some phones may have a different setting location or have a different setting name, please check the user manual of your phone if needed.

For example:

Huawei phones:
http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … calls.html

HTC phones
http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic124 … calls.html

After set Boldbeast Recorder as "Not Optimized" in the "Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization" screen, you can click the "Standby Indicator" option in the app to disable it if you want.

NOTE
========
1. Don't revoke permissions needed by the app to work normally.

2. If you "Force Stop" an app in the built-in "Settings > Apps" screen, this tells Android that "I don't want the app to run", thereafter Android will no longer run the app until you manually open the app to run it again. For this reason if you "Force Stop" Boldbeast Recorder, thereafter Android will not notify the app when a phone call comes, so all calls will no longer be recorded. Please don't "Force Stop" the app.

3. Some apps are very powerful that can prevent other apps working, such as XXX Greenify, XXX App Manager, XXX Task Manager, XXX  Anti-virus, XXX Power Optimizer, XXX Privacy Guard, XXX Clean Master etc, don't allow them block Boldbeast Recorder doing it's job.

Suggestion A:

Is it possible to unset battery optimization programmatically (e.g. by prompting one-time authorization)?

I know this might be the first thing you tried to do, but I'm just checking...

Suggestion B:

Maybe you could add a pop up a window (with "do not show this again" check box) containing the working link into this topic on the forum.

Why?

1. Because links from comments under application in Google Play do not work (they are simple text).

2. The text cannot be copied-and-pasted from those comments. So, I have to switch apps to type the link on the mobile.

3. The comments under the application in Google Play are still not the straightforward way to learn about the link.

Great app, by the way!
Thanks!

Is it possible to unset battery optimization programmatically (e.g. by prompting one-time authorization)?
=> It's not possible. Google strictly disallows this behaviour, so users must manually unset battery optimization.

Maybe you could add a pop up a window (with "do not show this again" check box) containing the working link into this topic on the forum.
=> Thank you very much, this is obviously a good suggestion, and your description is reasonable. We'll consider it.

4 (edited by hayes.rbsx 2016-10-18 08:00:21)

Hi...

HELP please..
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Android 6.0.1
Since last update I can not disable Standby Indicator..

Setting in (Battery-App power saving) is off for Boldbeast recorder..

When I click on Standby Indicator to disable, it gives me a message that calls might not be recorded and I should make the app "not optimized" Which it is already

I have the PRO version of Boldbeast

Please assist

Thanx

Users reported some phones have this problem.
We'll release a new version soon to fix the problem.

Thanx for the reply..

And thanx for a great app and great service...

Boldbeast Recorder V8.8 has just been released.
Please update the app in your phone to V8.8, the problems have been fixed in the new version.