Android 6.0 and later versions have a feature named Battery Optimization, to save battery Android will put an app into the deactivated state if the app is not used for a long time.
If a call recorder is put into the deactivated state,
- when a new incoming call comes
. if the screen is off, Android will not allow the recorder running, as a result the call will not be recorded.
. if the screen is on, all apps are activated in this case, the call can be recorded.
- when you are making an outgoing call the screen is on, all apps are activated in this case, outgoing calls can always be recorded.
This is the reason why users said "some calls were not recorded, it seems randomly".
In Boldbeast Recorder V8.7 up, enable the "Standby Indicator" in the app to avoid being deactivated.
Open the built-in "Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization" screen, set Boldbeast Recorder as "Not Optimized", then the problem will disappear.
Some phones may have a different setting location or have a different setting name, please check the user manual of your phone if needed.
http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … calls.html
After set Boldbeast Recorder as "Not Optimized" in the "Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization" screen, you can click the "Standby Indicator" option in the app to disable it if you want.
1. Don't revoke permissions needed by the app to work normally.
2. If you "Force Stop" an app in the built-in "Settings > Apps" screen, this tells Android that "I don't want the app to run", thereafter Android will no longer run the app until you manually open the app to run it again. For this reason if you "Force Stop" Boldbeast Recorder, thereafter Android will not notify the app when a phone call comes, so all calls will no longer be recorded. Please don't "Force Stop" the app.
3. Some apps are very powerful that can prevent other apps working, such as XXX Greenify, XXX App Manager, XXX Task Manager, XXX Anti-virus, XXX Power Optimizer, XXX Privacy Guard, XXX Clean Master etc, don't allow them block Boldbeast Recorder doing it's job.