Hi
Do you have any plan to write the same program for Android?
Symbian will not be anymore existing.
Many users (including myself) changed the handset to Android and it is appreciated if you develop the program for Android.
Look forward to have the program on our handset.
Sasidharan

We found there are some issues in Android phones about call recording:

- Some phones can only record uplink sound, or only record downlink sound.
- Some phones can record both unlink and downlink sound, but the downlink sound is very weak.
- Maybe there are other issues we have not found.

If we found the solution to perfectly record calls we'll port Boldbeast Recorder to Android.

Boldbeast Recorder for Android is released, download it here http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html.

Great News!

I purchased BoldBeast for my Nokia N8, and I am very happy about it. Now I'm switching to a Samsung Galaxy S4 :)

I have a query: how will I transfer my N8 recording to the Galaxy S4?

LocalAlien wrote:

Great News!

I purchased BoldBeast for my Nokia N8, and I am very happy about it. Now I'm switching to a Samsung Galaxy S4 :)

I have a query: how will I transfer my N8 recording to the Galaxy S4?

- In your N8, press the Copy To/Move To menu in Boldbeast Recorder to copy/move recorded clips to a public folder, for example E:\ABC folder.
- Connect your N8 with your computer via USB cable, your N8 acts as a USB disk. Copy clips to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 with your computer via USB cable, your S4 acts as a USB disk. Copy clips from your computer to S4.

In the Clip List screen of Boldbeast Recorder for Android you can't see these copied clips from N8. You can use a file manager in S4 to manage these copied clips, for example play back, copy, delete, send etc.

Please i have Boldbeast call recorder on my Nokia 5230 and i need the Reg. Code,please this is my imei no 357900044386209 please send it to my email Bobbyratio@rocketmail.com.Thank you

boldbeast wrote:

We found there are some issues in Android phones about call recording:

- Some phones can only record uplink sound, or only record downlink sound.
- Some phones can record both unlink and downlink sound, but the downlink sound is very weak.
- Maybe there are other issues we have not found.

If we found the solution to perfectly record calls we'll port Boldbeast Recorder to Android.

Well, the above was written at 2013-01-27. Now, as the application was released for Android (and being certain that Boldbeast made a very nice job earlier for Symbian), I wish to talk about and hear from you guys how the mentioned issues in Android phones were solved or any comment on the general functionality of the program, now on Android OS. And specifically, I ask some questions regarding the features presented on Symbian versions in comparision with this Android's release, as follows:

1) the feature of designating a phisical button on device (the called "Hot Key" feature) to act as a START/STOP recording (with some adjusted pattern of press button, even when the device is in screen lock's state) is presented here again?   

PS: on my Nokia E7 it works very nice and I setted the camera button, among other options, to do such task with a 3 sequential pressing of this button, regardless the phone's state (screen unlocked or locked). In the case of my new device, the Galaxy Grand DUOS GT-i9082L, as it doesn't have the camera phisical button, it would be nice, for instance, designate a combination of Menu button with the  '+' volume level button to activate recording and Menu button with the '-' level button to deactivate it. Or, even some long pressing on power button would act nice as well. Of course you guys probably reached this feature now on Android, taking into account also all the key pressing patterns already specified by Samsung on your Galaxy devices, from factory.

2) The visual small circle green indicator to indicates recording can be adjusted to be shown or hidden as earlier? PS.: this, along with the info's window commented on item 5 below, makes the application runs totally hidden on device's OS background and it's a very nice feature. In my case, I used to live the small green circle shown on upper right corner of the display, but with no summarizing the saving process of the recorded audio file. It's fantastic!

3) There is no beep during the recorded audio on calls, all right?

4) Is it possible to save the recorded audio files on the external sD card memory?

5) The info's window just after saving a recorded audio file continues being adjustable with the options 'Just save', 'Summarize and Save' and 'Ask before Save' ?

6) when you exit or terminate the app, it has the option of keeping recording call_&_memo audio files in a hidden way?

And finally, just more two questions regarding the Android's OS only:

7) How to save the recorded audio files directly and automatically to some remote location like cloud services (for instance DropBox) or e-mail accounts  (for instance Gmail) ??

8) The application will be working with Android, regardless it has been rooted or unrooted, all right? Initially, my device will come to me without root access (by default, from Samsung), and I don't know yet if a intend to transform the Operating System's root accessible. If I did it, I will continue to use the application with all the original features, with no changes, all right?

Thank's a lot again and I'll be waiting for the answers.

Att.,
Marcelo Toledo.

1) Hot key feature for Android: currently not available. We'll investigate it, if it is possible we'll add this feature in future versions.

2) Recording Indicator feature: currently is available. It is now a tiger paw, not a green dot. You can choose to display or hide it.

3) Android devices have no beep issue, they have other issues - some devices can't record calls well.

4) You can save the recorded audio files on the internal or external SD card memory.

5) Ask Before Save feature: currently is not available. If users need it we'll add this feature in future versions.

6) During memo recording if you exit the app it continues recording in the background. It can auto record all calls / some of the calls / none of the calls (depending on your settings) in the background even if you don't open the app.

7) Some cloud services like DropBox can auto transfer recorded files to there server, then auto transfer to your computer, your iPad etc.

8) Some manufacturers made their phones delivered to some countries "disabled to record calls" for some reasons. We have especially optimized Boldbeast Recorder for Samsung Galaxy phones trying to fix this issue. Users reported it worked great on many Galaxy phones without root, recorded calls were crystal clear and the sound was loud (two sides), no need to "set speaker on" during recording. Of course, there are many ways to make a phone "disabled to record calls", so maybe our solution can't fix the issue for some phones in some countries/areas. So far some users reported the issue of Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 can't be fixed. This is a bad news. Our developers are investigating it, hope they can find a solution.

boldbeast wrote:

1) Hot key feature for Android: currently not available. We'll investigate it, if it is possible we'll add this feature in future versions.

2) Recording Indicator feature: currently is available. It is now a tiger paw, not a green dot. You can choose to display or hide it.

3) Android devices have no beep issue, they have other issues - some devices can't record calls well.

4) You can save the recorded audio files on the internal or external SD card memory.

5) Ask Before Save feature: currently is not available. If users need it we'll add this feature in future versions.

6) During memo recording if you exit the app it continues recording in the background. It can auto record all calls / some of the calls / none of the calls (depending on your settings) in the background even if you don't open the app.

7) Some cloud services like DropBox can auto transfer recorded files to there server, then auto transfer to your computer, your iPad etc.

8) Some manufacturers made their phones delivered to some countries "disabled to record calls" for some reasons. We have especially optimized Boldbeast Recorder for Samsung Galaxy phones trying to fix this issue. Users reported it worked great on many Galaxy phones without root, recorded calls were crystal clear and the sound was loud (two sides), no need to "set speaker on" during recording. Of course, there are many ways to make a phone "disabled to record calls", so maybe our solution can't fix the issue for some phones in some countries/areas. So far some users reported the issue of Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 can't be fixed. This is a bad news. Our developers are investigating it, hope they can find a solution.

I am using recorder in Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. There is no problem with recording . The only problem is it starts recording in dialing phase only.

ujjawal_nib wrote:
boldbeast wrote:

I am using recorder in Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. There is no problem with recording . The only problem is it starts recording in dialing phase only.

Really? I received the report from you. So indeed Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 can record well, that's a good news.

Of course it is a good news to know that the Grand Duos can handles the app in a very well way... I don't have mine yet, but as soon as I get it on my hands, I will post my review on using it in this device (the one I bought is quite the same, with just a 'L' letter at the end of device's code name, just to refer it as receiving an aprooval by our national telecommunication authorities in Braszil for regulations reasons, I mean: the ANATEL: National Agency for Telecommunications).

Thank's to the user " ujjawal_nib " for your comment !!

Hi

I was eagerly waiting for the recorder for Android.  I think I was amongst one to pressurize you people.

I have installed the trial version to my Galaxy S4 and it works perfectly.
Just installed and only tried 2-3 calls.
However, I noticed that prior starting the conversation, it starts recording.  Means even if you make a miscall to anyone, that also being recorded.
I was using it for Nokia C-7 and that handset was recording only the active calls.
Please correct it, otherwise it is perfect.

Thanks for your efforts to develop such a wonderful program.
If buy directly, will you be sending the code same as before (same like when we did for Nokia).

Sasidharan

Sasidharan wrote:

Hi

I was eagerly waiting for the recorder for Android.  I think I was amongst one to pressurize you people.

I have installed the trial version to my Galaxy S4 and it works perfectly.
Just installed and only tried 2-3 calls.
However, I noticed that prior starting the conversation, it starts recording.  Means even if you make a miscall to anyone, that also being recorded.
I was using it for Nokia C-7 and that handset was recording only the active calls.
Please correct it, otherwise it is perfect.

Thanks for your efforts to develop such a wonderful program.
If buy directly, will you be sending the code same as before (same like when we did for Nokia).

Sasidharan

After Android 4.1 no call recorder can detect if a call is answered or not, all call recorders start recording when you are dialing. This is limited by Android system. However if you root your phone, Boldbeast Recorder can detect if a call is answered or not, and start recording only after the call is answered.

After paying, you open the About screen in Boldbeast Recorder, click the Restore button, the register code will be fetched into your phone and the app will become the full version at once.

Hello how can I get the full version of the registration program, but the problem I do not have a payment card
Is it another way Eugdid
IMEL: 353440058598260

saqr.jaramana wrote:

Hello how can I get the full version of the registration program, but the problem I do not have a payment card
Is it another way Eugdid
IMEL: 353440058598260

If you can't buy Boldbeast Recorder for Android from Google Play, try to buy it from our web site http://www.boldbeast.com with PayPal or Avangate. PayPal and Avangate provide more options to pay, some of them don't need card.

Updated 2014-10-20
Starting with V7.0, Boldbeast Recorder is now free.

16 (edited by caine0001 2014-10-29 17:02:38)

boldbeast wrote:

You mention above in item 4 that you can save your files to either the internal storage or an external SD card that is installed in your phone. How do I set it to save to my SD card? I have a Galaxy S4 I337 from AT&T and this is the only program I have ever found that works perfectly. In recordings both sides come in loud and clear just like you were listening to them on the phone. I love it! I have waited for a long time for someone to get us Android users a quality product. I installed BoldBeast and it worked without having to change any settings. So thank you greatly for that. But can you please tell me how I can save the recorded files to my SD card? I see in the settings where I can remove the period from the folder name and make the audio files visible to other apps, but I do not see an option for changing where they get saved to. It would be nice to have a feature that allows you to choose a folder, much like when you save a file in Windows. Not that it would come up with that every time you want to save a file, but a setting that allowed you to scroll to the folder you wanted to use and choose it as the default folder in setting up the app.

I also want to compliment you on allowing us the auto record feature but you have to choose Yes after any call you want saved. I don't know how many times I have been in the middle of a call and wished I had started recording it to get everything that was just said. Now I never have to worry about that problem again. I absolutely love this app. I gave it 5 stars even without knowing how to save to my SD card. I can always move them to the card once saved, but it would be nice to just have them saved there to begin with.

I want to say thanks again for a quality product. It only took me a couple of test calls once I had installed the free version to go online and buy the full version with registration key. Regardless of what your answer is to my request, you all have done a great job of filling a need and you were the first to do it for the masses. This was the only feature that made me miss my Pantech phone, but now I have it on my S4 and I get an Auto Reject list to boot from Samsung (not built into my Pantech). Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you concerning my question. Thanks.

In the year of 2013, yes you can save recorded audio files in the internal or external SD card. But in the year of 2014 after Android 4.4 Google doesn't allow third-party apps saving files to the external SD card. At this moment there is no solution without root.

I'm glad to know Boldbeast Recorder works very well on your ATT Galaxy S4 SGH-I337, no root needed.

Some links:
Galaxy S5 Call Recording
Galaxy S4 Call Recording
Galaxy S3 Call Recording
Galaxy S3 mini Call Recording
Galaxy Note4 Call Recording
Galaxy Note3 Call Recording
HTC One M8 Call Recording
Moto G Call Recording
Moto X Call Recording
Motorola Nexus 6 Call Recording
LGE Nexus 5 Call Recording