I use Cyanogenmode CM13 (android 6.0.1) on my Samsung galaxy S5 rooted (SM-G900F), which settings should I use?Nothing works at all please help.. :(

CM13 for many phones (Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, SM-G900T, Moto G etc) has exactly the same problem - recorded calls are silent.

Thanks to Cescasac, he reported following settings can fix the problem, they work perfectly for his Moto G CM13 ROM:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: WAV
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group2

Please test these settings with your  Galaxy S5 SM-G900F CM13 ROM.
How about it?

not working... :(( detailed settings please?

So please test following settings:

- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: test Yes and No

How about it?

boldbeast wrote:

So please test following settings:

- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No
- Start Input Stream: test Yes and No

How about it?

its working now!! thanks ...settings confirmed.!

Glad to know it works.

In theory these settings work well for CM13 for all phones that has MSM8974 or MSM8226 chip inside. Most possibly they work also for phones with other Qualcomm chips inside, such as MSM8994, MSM8992, MSM8084, MSM8939, MSM8064, MSM8916 etc, you are welcome to test them.

CM14: CM14 Call Recorder
CM13: CM13 Call Recorder
CM12: CM12 Call Recorder
CM11: CM11 Call Recorder

I've tried the same settings on my Moto X 2014 with no luck, though it was running before on CM 12 just fine.

Also, I don't have the "Samsung" settings on mine

Tune Samsung1, Tune Samsung2 and Tune Samsung3 are available for Samsung phones only.
For your Moto X 2014 CM13 you said "no luck", what happened?

boldbeast wrote:

Tune Samsung1, Tune Samsung2 and Tune Samsung3 are available for Samsung phones only.
For your Moto X 2014 CM13 you said "no luck", what happened?

Trying any of the settings listed here or in the Moto X thread, the recorder freezes the Android dialer, and does not allow me to hang up or do anything for at least 30 seconds. One set of settings I was able to start the recorder without freezing, it writes a file, but it's just a silent file

I've got root options enabled and tried various combinations of settings listed on the forum...what should I do next?

Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them and see what happened. Thanks.

Sort of got it figured out I think, settings are

- Start Input Stream: No

Only problem is that sometimes it starts recording 5-15 seconds after the call starts, cutting off the beginning of the conversation. Turning "Start Input Stream" on crashes and freezes the dialer.

Sending logs your way

Glad to know it works well now for your Moto X CM13 ROM.

As for "sometimes it starts recording 5-15 seconds after the call starts", please change following options then it works perfectly.

- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 3
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 15  --------------> change to 3
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

What settings should I use for my Nexus 6 running on CM13?

Settings listed above are suggested. Do they work for your Nexus 6 CM13?

boldbeast wrote:

Settings listed above are suggested. Do they work for your Nexus 6 CM13?

Unfortunately not :(

"Unfortunately not", what happened?

18 (edited by avatar1 2016-02-26 20:27:14)

boldbeast wrote:

"Unfortunately not", what happened?

If I pressed "record" during a call, it disconnects the call, causes the dialer to freeze, and I see a 00:00 length call appear once I restart Boldbeast.

Edit:
Phone: Motorola Nexus 6
Android version: 6.0.1
CM version: 13.0-20160216-NIGHTLY-shamu

My current settings are:

Record mode: Mode1

Fix Recording Issues:
Auto Swtich Speaker On: Off
Suppress BT Noise: Off
Tune Audio Effect: Off
Tune Audio Route: Group2
Change Audio Controls: On
Change Audio Driver: Off
Start Input Stream: On

Record Format: WAV
WAV Sample Rate: Auto
Increase Volume: 0%

Incoming Calls:
Auto Detect Answered State: On
Auto Detect Max Time: 3s
Restart Recording Upon Answered: On

Outgoing Calls:
Auto Detect Answered State: On
Auto Detect Max Time: 3s
Restart Recording Upon Answered: On
Ongoing Upon Offhook: Off

Abandon Short Record: 15s
Ask Before Save: On

There is something wrong in the Nexus 6 CM13 ROM.
- it can't record the caller's voice.
- generally the "Start Input Stream" option in Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem, but when you enable the option the built-in MediaServer crashes.

So you should disable the "Start Input Stream" option to avoid crashing, meanwhile this prevents the recorder fix the recording problem.

For this reason, I believe there is no solution in the world for Nexus 6 CM13 ROM (all recorders in the market should not work well, you can test them and confirm it). You have to wait new CM13 versions to fix the problem. Or switch back to the Motorola stock Nexus 6 ROM.

20 (edited by avatar1 2016-03-21 05:27:05)

boldbeast wrote:

There is something wrong in the Nexus 6 CM13 ROM.
- it can't record the caller's voice.
- generally the "Start Input Stream" option in Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem, but when you enable the option the built-in MediaServer crashes.

So you should disable the "Start Input Stream" option to avoid crashing, meanwhile this prevents the recorder fix the recording problem.

For this reason, I believe there is no solution in the world for Nexus 6 CM13 ROM (all recorders in the market should not work well, you can test them and confirm it). You have to wait new CM13 versions to fix the problem. Or switch back to the Motorola stock Nexus 6 ROM.

I just updated to the latest nightly; about to re-install the recorder.  Are my settings above (post # 18) still the correct config for a Nexus 6 running CM13?

Yes, please test the settings in post #18.
Anyway you set "Abandon Short Record" to 15 seconds, it is a little bigger for a common user.

Working setup (Nexus 5X)

Record Mode: Alsa!
Tune Audio Effect: NO
Tune Audio Route: Group 2
Tune Audio Controls: OFF
Change Audio Driver: OFF
Start Input Stream: YES
Alsa Device: Auto
Alsa Bits: 16
Alsa Channels: 2
Alsa Sample Rate: 44100

This works pretty good (CM nightly)

Wegener22 wrote:

Working setup (Nexus 5X)

Record Mode: Alsa!
Tune Audio Effect: NO
Tune Audio Route: Group 2
Tune Audio Controls: OFF
Change Audio Driver: OFF
Start Input Stream: YES
Alsa Device: Auto
Alsa Bits: 16
Alsa Channels: 2
Alsa Sample Rate: 44100

This works pretty good (CM nightly)

Thanks for sharing.

Updated 2016-04-24
================
From the feedback of Wegener22, the old version of CM13 for Nexus 5X don't have the problem described in the post #19.
However the newest version of CM13 for Nexus 5X built at 2016-04-23 17:11:30 now has the problem.

So far I found following CM13 ROMs have exactly the same problem described in post #19:

CM13 for Nexus 6P
CM13 for Nexus 6
CM13 for Nexus 5X
CM13 for Nexus 4
CM13 for Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
CM13 for Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
CM13 for LG G2 LG-F320
CM13 for OnePlus E1003

I believe all recorders in the market don't work for these ROMs, you can test them one by one and confirm it. If possible please switch back to the stock ROM, then Boldbeast Recorder works well.

Updated 2016-06-08
================
Users said the newest "CM13 for OnePlus E1003" has fixed the problem, call recording works well now. Confirmed by "cm-13.0-20160608-NIGHTLY-onyx".

25 (edited by janjan 2016-05-04 18:38:17)

Since nightly updates of cm13 on my motorola moto g 4g lte (1st gen) cca last week ago it stopped to work with settings described here. Am i only one with this problems? Any suggestions (before wiping The phone)?