I tried all the different  Alsa Sampling Rate on v9.3 and nothing made a difference, it just slipped on all calls.  Back on v9.2 everyone on auto and works fine.  Updates back to v9.3 and problem back. So I will stick with v9.2

Unfortunately I still can't get it to work. Tried the tips earlier in the thread but no luck.

Could I get a link so I can try the 9.2 version?

Boldbeast Recorder V9.2 download: Boldbeast Recorder V9.2

54 (edited by xtruss 2017-08-15 07:51:55)

If you revert back to v9.2 you may find it will not load and crashes, it did on mine.
What I had to do was uninstall the program, then I used ES File Explorer and searched for boldbeast and then found a folder called com.boldbeast.recorder. delete the folder and reinstall v9.2 then it should load correctly.

It's weird. Now it's working perfectly again. Same settings as for the v9.3. I'm gonna back up v9.2 and play around with the settings for 9.3 to see if I can work something out.

Thanks!

1. Cannot open database
=> Most possibly you are using a backup/restore app, that app restored the database but it wrongly set the permissions, as a result Boldbeast Recorder can't open the database to save data. Please uninstall Boldbeast Recorder then install it again to fix the problem.

2. Cannot enable rooted options
=> Please install the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder (currently V9.7), the problem will disappear.

boldbeast wrote:

If some calls recorded are crystal clear, however some calls recorded sounds like "the caller's voice is too high, it's a little distorted or garbled", please see the post #57 in this page https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic11 … us-5x.html to know how to fix it.

This fix does not work anymore due to the lack of option to disable "Enhanced LTE".
Is there another way?

58 (edited by johnboy85 2017-09-06 23:12:54)

This app use to work great for me but I have had nothing but issues these last few weeks.  When I listen to a recording after a call it sounds like it is constantly skipping as if it is being fast forwarded. This problem has made the app unusable for me.

Luckily I found this forum and followed exactly what xtruss mentioned above.  Now everything works great again. I installed 9.2 and the only thing I did was enable root options.  I kept everything else default. It seems version 9.3 and above is what's causing the recordings to skip.

Boldbeast, I thought I would chime in and verify the issue with 9.3 and above. Reverting back to Version 9.2 fixed the skipping issue for me.

The Alsa engine is exactly the same in both V9.3 and V9.2, so it's impossible to find any difference between them.

We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V9.8, the Alsa engine is improved. Please install V9.8, it works better.

I've just tried v9.8 but still get the skipping recording, so I will go back to v9.2 as no issues still with that.

In V9.8 please use suggested settings in the "post #1 update3" to record calls, it should be better.

I am on Android 8.0 Oreo and I cannot get Boldbeast to work. It is not correctly identifying my IMEI and cannot load the database. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm also on Oreo but have a different issue: I get an error saying that "Android only allows one call recorder". Is there something I have to disable in Android to get this to work?

boldbeast wrote:

In V9.8 please use suggested settings in the "post #1 update3" to record calls, it should be better.

Tried that. Recording is garbled.

StickyDatePudding wrote:

I'm also on Oreo but have a different issue: I get an error saying that "Android only allows one call recorder". Is there something I have to disable in Android to get this to work?

Please remove all other recorders, then it works at once.

mattbeth79 wrote:

I am on Android 8.0 Oreo and I cannot get Boldbeast to work. It is not correctly identifying my IMEI and cannot load the database. Anyone else having this issue?

It is not correctly identifying my IMEI
=> The IMEI of some phones is 14-letter long (omitted the checksum letter), we add the checksum letter to make it standard 15-letter long.

cannot load the database.
=> Most possibly you used a backup/restore app restored the data of Boldbeast, that restore app wrongly set the database permissions, as a result Boldbeast can't open the database to save data. Please uninstall Boldbeast and install it again, then it works at once.

zz wrote:
boldbeast wrote:

Tried that. Recording is garbled.

Is your phone running Android 8.0? Other users tested it, the settings work very smooth.

boldbeast wrote:
mattbeth79 wrote:

It is not correctly identifying my IMEI
=> The IMEI of some phones is 14-letter long (omitted the checksum letter), we add the checksum letter to make it standard 15-letter long.

cannot load the database.
=> Most possibly you used a backup/restore app restored the data of Boldbeast, that restore app wrongly set the database permissions, as a result Boldbeast can't open the database to save data. Please uninstall Boldbeast and install it again, then it works at once.

How do I get it to correctly identity the IMEI?

69 (edited by StickyDatePudding 2017-09-18 20:52:22)

boldbeast wrote:
StickyDatePudding wrote:

Please remove all other recorders, then it works at once.

I haven't installed any new voice related apps, so it must be something different in Oreo. I've uninstalled the one voice recording app I had (which was ok before) and I've turned off all the voice related settings I can find, but it hasn't helped. Do you have any idea what it could be?

Other Nexus 6p owners: are any of you having the same issue?

mattbeth79 wrote:

How do I get it to correctly identity the IMEI?

Please open the "About" screen in Boldbeast, it will display the IMEI of your phone - the IMEI will remain unchanged, no matter you reset the phone or update the ROM.

StickyDatePudding wrote:

I haven't installed any new voice related apps, so it must be something different in Oreo. I've uninstalled the one voice recording app I had (which was ok before) and I've turned off all the voice related settings I can find, but it hasn't helped. Do you have any idea what it could be?

Android 8.0 Oreo itself has no problem.
All possible reasons I can imagine are listed in the [001] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

72 (edited by xtruss 2017-10-28 13:47:46)

I am still have problems with this app and recordings skipping / fast fowarding.
The only version that works properly is v9.2, all other versions after this skip etc.
I was running Pure nexus and elementalx kernel, but to take them out of the equation I am now running stock android 8 and rooted with magisk. I have purchased the app, and would really appreciated some assistance in getting the issue resolved. I have changed the setting as recommend in post 1 update 3, but the problem is still there. I have also gone through many other options, but nothing fixes it.
I would post a link to the recording on google drive, but i get a message that says content error if i post a link
The call was actually 1m 27 seconds long, but the recorded message condensed that down to 30 seconds.

xtruss wrote:

I am still have problems with this app and recordings skipping / fast forwarding.
The call was actually 1m 27 seconds long, but the recorded message condensed that down to 30 seconds.

Android 8.0, some users said "works very well, no skipping", some users met the same problem you said.

Another user told me:
- when the screen is on, it works well.
- when the screen is off, it has the "skipping / fast forwarding" problem.

So I guess there is something related to battery optimization that made the problem - when the screen is off, to save battery the system disallow some apps working continually, instead the system only allow them working periodically, as a result only part of the call were recorded, a call that's 1m 27 seconds long might be recorded only 30 seconds, when you play back the recording it sounds like skipping / fast forwarding.

You said V9.2 "works properly", obviously this is impossible. And other recorders in the market are surely suffering the same problem.

Please check Settings in the phone if there is a battery / power option related to this problem, and try to change the option to see if there is any difference.

74 (edited by xtruss 2017-10-29 14:41:53)

Thanks for the reply.  I have done some testing based on what you said and hopefully it may help in diagnosing  the problem.
I have turned off battery optimisation for Boldbeast..
All calls made are exactly 95 seconds long.
If the phone is on speaker phone all calls record perfect and the recording is 95 seconds long. The screen being on or off makes no difference.
If a call is made normally (not speaker phone) - I place the phone on a desk and keep tapping the screen to keep it awake, all recordings are fine and 95 seconds long.
If a call is made normally and i turn the screen off straight away with the power button, the recording time goes down to approx 45 seconds.
If a call is made and i hold my finger over the proximity sensor to turn off the screen, then the recordings go down to about approx 25 seconds.
If the phone is plugged into the charger at the time of a call then everything works well and none of the above issues can be replicated.
I have repeated these tests several times, and the results are consistent.
As has been mentioned before, this problem only came about after v9.2 updated, as i can go back to v9.2 and everything records fine.
Does that shed any light?

Thanks for your "screen on / screen off" test. So the problem is related to the power management / battery optimization in the system. Maybe there is some settings in the phone (not in Boldbeast) that can change the behaviour, please check it.

You said V9.2 don't have the problem - it's impossible. All versions of Boldbeast Recorder, all other recorders, and all third-party apps in the market, no one itself can bypass the power management / battery optimization limit imposed by the system.