nasnat wrote:

Did it, got an email back with no help..

The ONLY reason is, there is another recorder working in your phone that blocks Boldbeast. No other reasons, if you are using suggested settings.
Check again.

I would like to update my response. I don't know why I wrote that "change audio controls" is NO, it should be set to YES. I just tried using boldbeast and it didn't work. I fiddled around with it and now it works:

Record Mode: Alsa
Alsa Device: Device0 (all other ALSA settings: Auto)
Tune Audio Effect: On
Tune Audio Group: Group3
Change Audio Control: YES
Change Audio Driver: NO
Start Input Stream: YES

Sorry for the problematic post. I hope now it will help someone. The alsa device can also be Auto, actually :-)

I recently upgraded to 7.1.2 and Bold east is not working.
The settings listed above record audio but the audio is all garbled.

A user told me,
- if it's a LTE call, in the recording both sides are crystal clear.
- if it's a 2G call, in the recording your voice is crystal clear but the voice of the other side is distorted (a little garbled).

So far there is no good solution in the market to fix the distorted problem.

give a try......

Situation here is that while talking with,
- POTS line: Crystal clear
- mobile phone: Distorted

Disabling VoLTE by below change can solve the issue in my case, 5X (7.1.2).
Go to "Cellular network setting" then "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode: Off"

Recorder setting is exactly what voguemaster thankfully introduced above.

masaoh wrote:

Thank you for sharing this information, finally you figured it out. It's surely useful to other Nexus 5X users.

So, please disable the "Cellular network setting > Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" option in the phone (not in Boldbeast Recorder), then call recordings will be crystal clear in two sides.

In Boldbeast Recorder please use suggested settings in the post #1 above to record calls.

masaoh wrote:

Don't have that option in my Nexus 5X 7.1.2 with my carrier, only have option to LTE in "Preferred network type", Do you mean that should use 3G to get good recording with BoldBeast?

59 (edited by yurkennis 2017-08-11 19:57:59)

chavocarlos wrote:

Don't have that option in my Nexus 5X 7.1.2 with my carrier, only have option to LTE in "Preferred network type", Do you mean that should use 3G to get good recording with BoldBeast?

Same question here. Maybe @masaoh could share a screenshot showing this option in the context of system Setttings? Are you on Verizon / T-Mobile?

Anyone tried the latest version of Boldbeast on Android Oreo / 8.0? Any issues compared to 7.1.x?

It seems Nexus 5X Android 8.0 Oreo works very well, so far no one complain about it.

Android 8.0 needs root.
Please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to the latest version (currently V9.7). The MP3 format is supported now.

yurkennis wrote:
chavocarlos wrote:

Same question here. Maybe @masaoh could share a screenshot showing this option in the context of system Setttings? Are you on Verizon / T-Mobile?

Same here - can't find an option for  "Cellular network setting" in phone settings, let alone anything that looks like "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode: Off". Nexus 5X 7.1.2 build N2G48C.

boldbeast wrote:

It seems Nexus 5X Android 8.0 Oreo works very well, so far no one complain about it.

Android 8.0 needs root.
Please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to the latest version (currently V9.7). The MP3 format is supported now.

The previous configuration don't work well on Nexus 5X with Android Oreo September Security Patch, sounds distorted, please can you share properly configuration.

Seems that it is first complain about Boldbeast performance on Android Oreo.

chavocarlos wrote:

The previous configuration don't work well on Nexus 5X with Android Oreo September Security Patch, sounds distorted, please can you share properly configuration.

Can you please:
- send a recording to me, let me listen to it.
- click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me, let me have a look at them.
Thanks.

65 (edited by MS 2017-11-13 07:47:22)

I am on the latest android 8.0 version and i have a little problem recording and wanted to see if it's not only me.

I can record without any problem until i activated the proximity sensor when i put my ear on my phone and the screen going black which result with 8min call to only 30sec recording file for example.

If i turn off the screen manually or using speaker or just keeping the screen on, the app records everything. It's only when the proximity sensor is activated that the recording going bad.

Has anyone experience the same problem i have with their phone?

Please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to V10.4, now this problem has been completely fixed.

67 (edited by endix 2018-04-13 18:59:47)

Everything is latest: Boldbeast Recorder v.11.0, Android 8.1.0 with April security patch. The mic gain is way too high, the other party's voice is distorted. Why not let users adjust it on their own?

endix wrote:

Everything is latest: Boldbeast Recorder v.11.0, Android 8.1.0 with April security patch. The mic gain is way too high, the other party's voice is distorted. Why not let users adjust it on their own?

Because the ROM doesn't provide interfaces to programmers to do so.

For example,
- if Boldbeast asks the ROM "please tell the baseband to unblock the caller's voice in the capturing stream" the ROM says "OK".
- if Boldbeast asks the ROM "please tell the baseband to decrease the caller's volume in the capturing stream" the ROM says "No, I don't accept the request".

boldbeast wrote:

Because the ROM doesn't provide interfaces to programmers to do so.

Ok, any advice, what parameters to play with, to try to improve this situation?

chavocarlos wrote:

sounds distorted, please can you share properly configuration.

@chavocarlos, were you able to eliminate or reduce distortion? I'm having the same problem. My voice is clear, incoming voice is loud and distorted. And no "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" option to turn off.
@boldbeast, can you share the config you gave to @chavocarlos. Thanks.

Some users said their Nexus 5X records calls crystal clear in two sides.
Some users said they fixed the distorted problem by disable the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" option in the phone (not in Boldbeast).
Some users said there is no "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" option in the phone, so the problem can't be fixed.

Now that Boldbeast has the root access, can't it do something to fix the problem directly?
No, it can't unfortunately. To fix the problem we need to talk to the baseband, but the baseband has no public APIs for third-party developers to use. Qualcomm (the baseband manufacturer) provided proprietary APIs to LG, so LG can use the APIs to fix it but we can't.

72 (edited by alex.brel 2018-11-04 19:42:46)

Hello,

I wrote you in feedback. Now, I decided to write a post here, just because my issue is still actual.

My Nexus 5x has a root. I've installed the call recorder and even could successfully  record one call. Then I accidentally uninstalled the app.
After installing it again I have an error, that 'Unable to open database. Please reinstall the application (something like that in English, I'm from Russian location).

I reinstalled the application dozens of time, cleared the cache. Google doesn't backup the data for this application. I tried the older version. However, without any success.

Please help.

alex.brel wrote:

I have an error, that "Unable to open database."

The reason and the solution: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic16 … error.html

boldbeast wrote:

The reason and the solution: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic16 … error.html

Great, thank you! This really helped!

75 (edited by C0rn3jj 2018-11-23 17:37:19)

Hiya, trying to get Boldbeast running on LineageOS 15.1

I currently use lineage-15.1-20181122-nightly-bullhead-signed.zip, with appropriate vendor/radio/bootloader images. I rooted via LOS addon, Adaway works just fine, and seemingly even this app.

What doesn't work however is that at the end of the call, if it is being recorded by boldbeast, the call won't die. It will actually terminate the call but the screen will just get stuck saying "terminating" and the only way to get rid of it is forced reboot.

EDIT2: Looks like enabled Start Input Stream is the culprit. If I disable it, the audio records but heavily distorted, and seemingly only one side.

Tried to use the following settings to get the crash:

boldbeast wrote:

Please use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: Alsa
- Record Format: MP3
- Alsa Device: Auto
- Alsa Bits: 20 Bits
- Alsa Channels: Auto
- Alsa Sampling Rate: Auto
- Tune Audio Effect: Yes
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: Yes

EDIT: Another bug - resetting settings to default will keep Record Mode set to Alsa instead of reverting to default. It also keeps root access, but I guess that is fine.