Hi, I updated my Note 9 to Android Pie yesterday and that broke my call recording feature. Kindly please assist what mode should I select. I am unable to hear the other party's voice. I have AT&T version of Note 9.

Android 9.0 disabled the call recording feature. This is the reason why your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact.
Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem if you root the phone. Without root there will be no solution in the world unfortunately.

Any plans for the fix ?

boldbeast wrote:

Android 9.0 disabled the call recording feature. This is the reason why your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact.
Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem if you root the phone. Without root there will be no solution in the world unfortunately.

Hello, I have a Note 9 with Exynos (model SM-N960F) and android Pie 9.0.

My phone is rooted and I have given root permissions to Boldbeast Call Recorder (I'm using paid version).

However, I can't record calls. I keep getting an error saying "cannot open database. Uninstall app and reinstall it again". I've done it but still the same error after every call.

platanos wrote:

I keep getting an error saying "cannot open database. Uninstall app and reinstall it again".

See here: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic16 … error.html

Thanks for your reply.

However, there is no folder in data/data after uninstalling the application.

I've tried the native samsung file viewer and also Root Explorer. I keep getting the error when opening BoldBeast Call Recorder.

So I guess you are using a backup/restore app restoring an old database of the app.
Some Android versions can't open a very old database you saved previously, so please don't restore the old backup.
When you install an app, Google Play Services may automatically restore the old backup. Please check it.

Android 9 Pie Call Recording