No root needed
In some countries, the call recording feature of Android 9 Pie is enabled in some phones. In this case no root needed, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go, both your voice and the caller's voice are loud and clear in recordings.

Root needed
In most countries, the call recording feature of Android 9 Pie is disabled in most phones. In this case your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact yourself.

Root or not, who decide?
Google disabled the call recording feature in Android 9 Pie by default, so
- If the manufacturer changes nothing, the phone needs root.
- If the manufacturer changes something to enable the call recording feature in a specific market area, the phone doesn't need root.

Example
For example, Galaxy S10 Android 9 doesn't need root in Russia, Latvia and South Africa but needs root in other countries. Pixel 3 Android 9 doesn't need root in China mainland but needs root in other countries. Huawei Mate 20 Android 9 doesn't need root in Italy but needs root in other countries. Needing root or not depends on the phone model and the market area.

More complicated situations
There are more complicated situations. For example, Galaxy Note9 SM-N960F Android 9 in Taiwan:
  2019-01-07 the ROM N960FXXU2CSA2 works great, no root needed.
  2019-02-08 the ROM N960FXXS2CSB2 updated, now it no longer work so root is needed.
Enabling the call recording feature or not in a specific area is solely decided by the manufacturer.

Can we bypass the limits?
I have checked the Android 9 source code, Google added new limits to block the call recording feature. It is IMPOSSIBLE to bypass the limits without root. So if the call recording feature of your Android 9 phone is disabled, to fix the problem root is the ONLY way to go. If you don't root the phone there will be no solution in the whole world without doubt unfortunately.

How to root my phone?
There are more than 10000 Android phones, the root approach is different from phone to phone. Please google "Root AAAA" to know how to root your phone, here AAAA is your phone model, for example "Root Pixel3".

After root the phone
After root the phone, please install Boldbeast Recorder V12.1 or a newer version, click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Enable Rooted Options" in the app to grant root access to the app.

Then use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes

(1) For most phones
Using settings above, you can get good recordings at once.

(2) For phones that have the Samsung Exynos chipset, Huawei Kirin chipset or MTK chipset inside
Please
- click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in the app.
- use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- reboot the phone.
Using settings above, now you can get good recordings at once.

(3) Some third-party ROMs
Some third-party ROMs have bugs inside, all recorders can't record the caller's voice even if you have rooted the phone. Please
- click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in the app.
- use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- reboot the phone.
- enable the "Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream" option in the app.
Using settings above, now you can get good recordings at once.

In theory Boldbeast Recorder can fix call recording issues for all Android 9 Pie phones in the market, no matter what phone model you are using, no matter what country you are in. Both your voice and the caller's voice are crystal clear.

If your recording sounds like "fast forward" or like "slow motion", this indicates there is a bug related to "audio re-sampling" in the AudioServer that is inside the ROM. In this case please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: Alsa
- File Sampling Rate: Auto
- Alsa Device: Auto
- Alsa Bits: 16 Bits
- Alsa Channels: Auto
- Alsa Sampling Rate: Auto
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: Yes (some phones), No (some phones), Invisible (some phones)

The Alsa record engine is made by us, it doesn't rely on the AudioServer. This is the reason why it can bypass the bug successfully, and record calls great. In some phones the Alsa record engine fails to record calls because of conflicts with OK Google, in this case please disable OK Google. See [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to disable it.

UPDATE
We added the new "Alsa2 Mode" from Boldbeast V14.5.
Some Android 9 phones supports the new mode, some don't. You can test it on your phone. It doesn't require to disable OK Google.

Android 10 call recording: Android 10 call recording

4 (edited by srdjan.gligoric.skale 2019-03-24 11:03:24)

I did root the phone (s9, exynos, pie G960FXXU2CRLI), did install magisk, did instal CallRecordnigFix module and still cannot record calls. All the time I get message: "Could not record the call, change Alsa mode" but I did try every possible Alsa mode - without result.

Any help, something I should try?

UPDATE:
We have the result! After rooting the phone, download BoldBeast v.12.1 and once again, you have the ability to record phone calls in perferct quality! Mr Chad Wu, thank you very much  for your effort.

1. Please uninstall all other recorders to avoid conflicts.
2. Check if OK Google and Bixby are blocking the recorder working, see [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know more info.
3. Now that you have installed the CallRecordingFix module, please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1

Your Galaxy S9 should get recordings crystal clear in both sides now.

Hello.
I was wondering if there is any way that i can help with the translation to Romanian language, since there is Turkish, i would also like to help you translate your great app, for free of course !
If you would like to have a go let me know, and send a reply at the address from my profile.
Thank you, and keep up with the great work !!!
Cheers !

Thank you very much. I have just sent you an email.

Hi,

I have a galaxy note 9 but I don't find --> "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in the app.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

coldfire wrote:

I have a galaxy note 9 but I don't find --> "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in the app.

After root the phone please click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Enable Rooted Options" to grant root access to the app, then you'll see more powerful options available at once including "Install CallRecordingFix Module". Please confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V12.1 or a newer version.

The recording problem is happening on my IOS device as well and the issue which has been mentioned here for the Android Pie version is similar to my IOS device and I am also not being able to use iTunes to save the recordings.

boldbeast wrote:
coldfire wrote:

After root the phone please click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Enable Rooted Options" to grant root access to the app, then you'll see more powerful options available at once including "Install CallRecordingFix Module". Please confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V12.1 or a newer version.

Odd, google play didn't mention any update. I downloaded the app from the website and I was able to install the CallRecordingFix Module

Many thanks!!!

12 (edited by Wezaa 2019-04-05 15:39:30)

Hi, I have a Galaxy S8+
I have rooted and have Magisk Manager installed
I have v12.3 of the bold beast recorder installed.
When I try to install callrecordingfix module, there is nothing there.

It tells me to go to "sdcard/com.boldbeast.callrecordingfix" folder.
But no such folder appears to exist.
Is there somewhere else I can download the module?

Edit.
Found the callrecordfix module and install the Magisk one using Magisk manager. It was in the internal storage, not the SD card.
But even after install it and copying the settings in the top post it's still not recording the other side of the call. Only my own side.
I have tried all the differ t call recording modes. None of them record the other side.
And the Alsa mode (root) doesn't record anything at all. It won't record, it just comes up with an error message.

In Boldbeast Recorder please
- click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Enable Rooted Options" to grant root access to the app.
- click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", the folder "/sdcard/com.boldbeast.callrecordingfix" will be created.

Now you can use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module that is in the folder "/sdcard/com.boldbeast.callrecordingfix".

14 (edited by Wezaa 2019-04-05 15:49:22)

boldbeast wrote:

In Boldbeast Recorder please
- click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Enable Rooted Options" to grant root access to the app.
- click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", the folder "/sdcard/com.boldbeast.callrecordingfix" will be created.

Now you can use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module that is in the folder "/sdcard/com.boldbeast.callrecordingfix".

Found the callrecordfix module and install the Magisk one using Magisk manager. It was in the internal storage, not the SD card.
But even after install it and copying the settings in the top post it's still not recording the other side of the call. Only my own side.
I have tried all the differ t call recording modes. None of them record the other side.

Edit.

Problem solved.

Magisk was in core only mode....... thank you very much.

Do I have to root my Samsung A7 2018 (with Android 9) or is a custom recovery enough?

If all recorders in the market can't record the caller's voice, you should root your Samsung A7 2018 (with Android 9). Then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it.

I have a Galaxy S8 version 9 pie Pakistan I need records both side calls but not Record other side tell me solutions

You should root the phone to fix the problem.

Bold Beast, I bought te the pro version and now it is useless. Please help us all. Not everybody can root the A7 phone
because afraid for mistakes.

Boldbeast Pro user for over a year, Android 9 since release, Google Pixel 2 rooted via Magisk.

Until yesterday all worked perfectly.

Google Play pushed a Phone update yesterday (April 12 2019)(Google play says latest is April 4th 2019).

Issue: file naming format now posts eight 0's where the name and phone number should be, the rest is fine.

Example of actual file name now being recorded:

00000000_2019-04-13 04.40.56_O_N420.mp3

Nothing in boldbeast has been changed since I got it working flawlessly shortly after installing it long ago, so assuming something in that latest phone push to Android Pie has broken something with regard to the file name of a recording no longer writing the name and number.  These file names were working correctly just a day or 2 ago.

My installed version of Phone is reported as 31.0.241960258 in applications.

My installed version of BB Pro is 12.3 GP reported in app.

Any assistance would be appreciated and happy to help with further data, questions, etc.

Thanks

kmccarthy wrote:

Issue: file naming format now posts eight 0's where the name and phone number should be, the rest is fine.
Example of actual file name now being recorded:
00000000_2019-04-13 04.40.56_O_N420.mp3

About the telephone number and contact name problem please see [007] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know more details.

22 (edited by kmccarthy 2019-04-13 20:10:23)

Ah-ha!  Understood! Thank you for your quick reply and my apologies for overlooking that in the troubleshooting section.

EDIT:. Ran apk and it updated my GP install like a champ!  Left the original question below in case it helps another user, thanks again for the incredible support and for making the apk available on your website too.  SO awesome!

Original question:  Looks like my current install is from the Google Play store (hence the GP in the version and the issue)   Can I just install the latest apk from the website and update what I have installed already, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Thank you again for your assistance, definitely top tier!

You can install the app directly from https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html to overwrite the one in your phone. No need to uninstall then reinstall.

I have the same problem to hear the voice from the other person in a phone conversation.

To day I needed very much the recording of a call. I got an external recorder and set the phone on loudspeaker. I did not need the recorder because Boldbeast recorded the conversation though the microfon in my mobilephone.

Torgny

So now I have to Root my note 8, that is why I bought BoldBest in the 1st place, (So I didn't have to root to use other apps to record). I just want to be positive, it will not work now with both sides if you dont root your phone. So my journey is gone and I have to look again for one that does. ☹️☹️☹️