Got one of the OnePlus 6 phone today, and tried the setting recomended for the 5T but boldbeast will not record. Any ideas what setting to use?

OnePlus 6 works very well, recorded calls are loud and clear in both sides. No root needed.

Please
- update Boldbeast Recorder to the latest version (currently V11.5).
- click "Set Default Settings" in the app, it works at once.

If the problem is still there, please enable the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Effect" option, then it 100% works.

OnePlus 7: OnePlus 7 Call Recorder
OnePlus 6, 6T: OnePlus 6 Call Recorder
OnePlus 5, 5T: OnePlus 5 Call Recorder
OnePlus 3, 3T: OnePlus 3 Call Recorder
OnePlus 2: OnePlus Two Call Recorder
OnePlus X: OnePlus X Call Recorder
OnePlus One: OnePlus One Call Recorder

Thank you, default settings work great.  Good quality recording..

I'm trying to get V11.8 to work on my Oneplus 6 running stock android 9....but I can't get it to work. I can only hear myself.

I started running the default settings and then tried all the different recording modes without luck. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Lodberg

Lodberg wrote:

I'm trying to get V11.8 to work on my Oneplus 6 running stock android 9....but I can't get it to work. I can only hear myself.

So all recorders in the market no longer work in OnePlus 6 Android 9.

You should root the phone, then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly. After root the phone please enable the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls" option in the recorder, you'll get crystal clear recordings in both sides. The option is visible only after you root the phone.

Without root there is no solution in the whole world undoubtedly.

Thanks

8 (edited by xtruss 2018-10-07 07:45:44)

Lodberg wrote:

I started running the default settings and then tried all the different recording modes without luck. Any suggestions?

I had the same issue once my phone updates to Android 9, i didn't want to root though as it is to much bother with ota's and one of my banking apps.
There is a way to enable the inbuilt call recording on the oneplus6 running android 9 with no root, i have done it on my phone and a friends and it works fine.
Have a look on the play store for an app called joneplustools
Once enabled, go to the phone dialler and in settings you will see the switches to turn on call recording.
To access recorded calls, go to the phones "recorder" app, and swipe the screen across to audio recording files.
Hope that helps.

9 (edited by ditndat 2018-11-07 13:16:52)

I installed the app (oneplus 6 with android 9), can record both ways and enabled the enable the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls". Though when i want to play back a recording, it only plays in slow motion. Any ideas how to fix this?

After root your OnePlus 6 phone, please
- Open Boldbeast Recorder, tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
Now you should get crystal clear call recordings. No need to disable OK Google.

Or use these settings directly to record calls:
- Record Mode: Alsa
- Alsa Device: Auto
- Alsa Bits: 16 Bits
- Alsa Channels: Auto
- Alsa Sampling Rate: Auto
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: No
Now you should get crystal clear call recordings. Please disable OK Google, otherwise it will fail to record calls because of conflicts. See [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to disable OK Google.

It was idd rooted though the mentioned settings didn't fix the problem. The fix was to set the record mode to Alsa mode (root).

ditndat wrote:

It was idd rooted though the mentioned settings didn't fix the problem. The fix was to set the record mode to Alsa mode (root).

Thank you for testing and confirming the Alsa settings work well.

Using ALSA worked perfectly for me on AOSP 9.0 Rom. Clear at 48000hz sample rate

I was forced to remove root because of banking apps any solution for non rooted oneplus 6 call recording?

Glad to know Alsa Mode works good, and thanks for sharing "48000hz sample rate" has the best quality.

OnePlus 6 Android 9 in some countries works great, no root needed, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go.
However in some countries root is needed, otherwise you can record only your own voice, no matter what recorder in the market you are using. After root the phone Boldbeast can fix it perfectly.

For some reason, I can't record calls in MP3 format anymore. It fails right away and suggests that I change the recording format.

GorillaP wrote:

For some reason, I can't record calls in MP3 format anymore. It fails right away and suggests that I change the recording format.

Are you using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder (currently V12.8)? If you are using an old version please update to the latest version.

18 (edited by GorillaP 2019-11-01 17:45:50)

boldbeast wrote:
GorillaP wrote:

Are you using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder (currently V12.8)? If you are using an old version please update to the latest version.

I am currently using the latest version. I have tried with both stock OOS and it gave me that message.
I am now trying with a custom AOSP Rom and it is telling me to change ALSA mode and disable "OK Google".

I have always use the 2nd option in post #10 but it no longer works. I disabled OK Google and tried the first list of settings as it doesn't use ALSA.

I tried the first settings option and it will record but the recording has a lot of bass and is in slow motion.

I have just updated the post #10 above. Please read it again, it will surely work.
Please confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder (currently V12.8), and confirm you have disabled all other recorders in your phone.

I would like to ask for help!
I have a OnePlus 6 phone that is currently rooted.
An update for my phone has arrived.
If I upgrade my phone will I lose my rooting?
Do I need to root again after the upgrade?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Manufacturers usually enable/disable the call recording feature by market areas. OnePlus 6 may work well in some countries (no root needed). but bad in other countries (root needed to fix it).

It's also possible in a specific area OnePlus 6 works well on Android 9 but bad after upgrade to Android 10, or vice versa. If it work well that's OK. If it works bad you should root the phone to fix it.

If someone upgrades OnePlus 6 from Android 9 to Android 10, please let me know if the voice recorder is working!

Okay, Firstly I have installed boldbeast on my OnePlus 7T and it works perfectly (currently in Canada).

I then installed boldbeast (remotely through teamviewer) on a OnePlus 6 of mine that I lent to somebody going through an ugly divorce (and really needs to be able to record). Followed the instructions and I can't get it to record audio just blank audio (in Israel).

Do you have any ideas. Somewhat desperate to make this work.

Android 10
Please see [009] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to use suggested settings to record calls.