1

Hi. I have set the recommended settings per sticky for Samsung/Exynos including magisk module.

Auto-rec disabled

I switch to ALSA and it does record but there is no audio :(

Suggestions?

Thx!

2

Please
1. Confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder. Currently it's V12.9.
2. Confirm the CallRecordingFix module is installed correctly.
3. Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 12
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1

If your phone is running Android 9, now it works.

If your phone is running Android 10 or a newer version, please in Boldbeast Recorder tap "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Hotkey" to open the Accessibility settings screen, enable Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service on the screen. Now it works.

3

Thanks. I have set all these still no go. The error has changed though to "cannot record calls, please change Record Mode" Maybe that is just from a version update.

When I press record during the call it does say recording for a maybe 3 seconds before that error.

4

You installed another recorder in your phone, and that blocked Boldbeast Recorder working.
Please uninstall all other recorders and test again.

5

boldbeast wrote:

You installed another recorder in your phone, and that blocked Boldbeast Recorder working.
Please uninstall all other recorders and test again.

This is not correct unfortunately. Will any logs help if so which ones? Thx

6

nonsub wrote:

This is not correct unfortunately. Will any logs help if so which ones? Thx

Yes, please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me, let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

7

boldbeast wrote:
nonsub wrote:

This is not correct unfortunately. Will any logs help if so which ones? Thx

Yes, please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me, let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.


Sorry for the delay. Thanks. Will send logs now. Old logs are from many different setting changes. Mar 9/2020 logs is from today with your suggested settings.

8

Hi. Just making sure you received logs thanks!

9

I didn't receive your log files. Maybe you used another email box sending the log files?
I have too many emails every day. Tell me this topic in your email if you use another email box, thanks.

10

Thanks. E-mailed with subject: topic 1913 a320f.....

11

Please update the app to V13.2 and test again.
If the problem is still there, please send new log files to me. Thanks.

12

Hi. Still no luck. New logs uploaded subject e-mailed with subject: topic 1913 a320f logset 2

Thanks!

13

I checked your log files.

Two possible reasons you can't record calls:
1. You installed another recorder. Please uninstall it.
2. You enabled Bixby. Please disable it.

14

boldbeast wrote:

I checked your log files.

Two possible reasons you can't record calls:
1. You installed another recorder. Please uninstall it.
2. You enabled Bixby. Please disable it.


Hi sorry but this is incorrect. No other recorders are installed. I tried freezing skype and fongo just to be sure nothing is happening there.

During the call I hear clicking/cut out when BB is running.

Is there anything else we can do or just accept BB doesn't work on this device?


thanks!

15

During the call I hear clicking/cut out when BB is running.
=> Boldbeast Recorder doesn't make clicking/cut sound. Please check again.

Is there anything else we can do or just accept BB doesn't work on this device?
=> Boldbeast Recorder surely works. Read my previous posts again.

16

boldbeast wrote:

During the call I hear clicking/cut out when BB is running.
=> Boldbeast Recorder doesn't make clicking/cut sound. Please check again.

BB starts recording, you can hear dropout (like switching) and then recording fails. 100% reproducible. I can demonstrate by recording to PC.



Is there anything else we can do or just accept BB doesn't work on this device?
=> Boldbeast Recorder surely works. Read my previous posts again.

No other recording apps are installed.
Bixby is not installed.


Thanks

17

You really haven't suggested anything useful. You keep repeating yourself about other recording apps being installed when I told you from the beginning there aren't any installed. So just to be sure I wiped and clean installed LOS16 (MCFY.) with no other apps.Does exactly the same thing and yes that includes CLICK+CUTOUT while BB is trying to record. So maybe BB works on stock ROM (have not tested,) but unfortunately it seems that you have been unable to figure anything out from the debug logs.

18

Read my previous posts again, and do things asked.
If you don't do so, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't work.
If Boldbeast Recorder doesn't work, all recorders on the market surely don't work either, so you have no solution on the whole world absolutely. You must have tested many recorders, so you know this fact.

19

boldbeast wrote:

Read my previous posts again, and do things asked.
If you don't do so, Boldbeast Recorder doesn't work.
If Boldbeast Recorder doesn't work, all recorders on the market surely don't work either, so you have no solution on the whole world absolutely. You must have tested many recorders, so you know this fact.



Instead of going in circles and suggesting that I am missing something in your posts why don't you just tell me what it is?

All of these done/checked:

1. Confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder.

2. Confirm the CallRecordingFix module is installed correctly.

3. Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 12
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1

4. No other recording apps installed

5. No Bixby installed


BB does not work on this phone with this OS period it seems. You seem to have no answer as to why not. But thanks anyway.