1 (edited by nadieaqui 2021-02-15 21:29:42)

[Update 2021-02-15]
Solved -- see https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/post9005.html#p9005

Disregard below:

Pixel 3a XL, Android 11, Rooted, BoldBeast 14.4

When I am using my Bluetooth Headset, the recorded audio is fine during that segment.
But when I transition to Speaker Phone (from Bluetooth Headset), the recorded audio starting then is in slow motion.
When I transition to Phone (from Speaker Phone), the recorded audio is still in slow motion.

My BoldBeast Configuration is below, using Alsa Sampling Rate=16000.

[Update]
After testing more, I think the cause is using a Bluetooth Headset.
I do not have this slow motion problem when *only using* either Phone, Speaker or Wired Headset.

Is there any settings to prevent slow motion recording Bluetooth Headset?

BoldBeast (14.4): Configuration
- Call Settings -> Fix Recording Issues -> Install CallRecordingFix Module
- Record Mode: Alsa
- File Sampling Rate: Auto
- Alsa Device: Auto
- Alsa Bits: 16 Bits
- Alsa Channels: Auto
- Alsa Sampling Rate: 16000
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: UnChecked
- Call Settings -> Incoming Calls -> Auto Detect Answered State: Checked

Please change "Alsa Sampling Rate" to 48000, the problem should be fixed.

Same problem at "Alsa Sampling Rate" = 48000
Slow motion recording with a high pitch buzzing sound (at 48000) when using Bluetooth Headset.
I also restarted phone just in case, same problem.

FYI. if this helps, at 16000, I get slow motion recording without the high pitch buzzing sound.

Appreciations, and thank you in advance.

Please in your phone (not in Boldbeast) open "Settings > Accessibility", and enable "Boldbeast Call Recorder" on the screen.
Then use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 12
- File Sampling Rate: 16000
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Effect: No

Now how about it?

boldbeast wrote:

Please in your phone (not in Boldbeast) open "Settings > Accessibility", and enable "Boldbeast Call Recorder" on the screen.
Then use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 12
- File Sampling Rate: 16000
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Effect: No

Now how about it?

Same problem - slow motion recording with high pitch buzzing sound.

Note: File Sampling Rate" was not available in "Record Mode: 12" -- so, I switch to Record Mode: Alsa Mode (Root), set File Sampling Rate: 16000, and switched back to "Record Mode: 12".
Restarted Phone, and made 4 calls using Bluetooth Headset - same problem (slow motion with buzzing sound)

@nadieaqui I Just flashed my Pixel 3a XL with latest Android 11 build. With following settings recording works in Bluetooth headset also. Can you check these settings and let me know?

Also can you check if you have google assistants 'Ok Google' enabled? I think that might cause issues?
Also make sure Accessibility for Boldbeast is turned on
One thing you can try is to uninstall the app, reboot and install freshly and update settings as follows. Previously when I had recording issues, that helped.

Pixel 3a XL, Android 11 (Build RQ1A.210105.002)

Magisk Manager: 8.07 (4834)(15)
Magisk: 21.4 (21400)

BoldBeast: 14.4
- Record Mode: Mode 12
- Record Format: AMR

pathrikumark wrote:

@nadieaqui I Just flashed my Pixel 3a XL with latest Android 11 build. With following settings recording works in Bluetooth headset also. Can you check these settings and let me know?

Also can you check if you have google assistants 'Ok Google' enabled? I think that might cause issues?
One thing you can try is to uninstall the app, reboot and install freshly and update settings as follows. Previously when I had recording issues, that helped.

@pathrikumark, your setting did not work for me using bluetooth headset. The recording is still in slow motion.
'Ok Google' is disabled.
Accessibility for BoldBeast is turned on.
Note: I also disabled "Setting->Accessibility->Live Caption"
I uninstalled BoldBeast, reinstalled, configured, restarted, and tested.
Made 4 calls to difference telephone numbers -- all recordings was in slow motion.
This would be the 4th time I have tested this configure - only difference is I uninstalled and reinstalled app.

nadieaqui wrote:

your setting did not work for me using bluetooth headset. The recording is still in slow motion.

So your phone has a bug inside that made the bluetooth problem. No matter what recorder you are using the problem will always be there. And the bug is not in the HAL (Hardware Audio Layer), instead it is in the kernel.

If the bug is in the HAL,
- Ordinary recorders don't work.
- The Alsa mode in Boldbeast works, because the Alsa record engine is made by us that doesn't depend on HAL.

If the bug is in the kernel,
- All recorders don't work.
- You should flash a new ROM including the kernel to fix it.

9 (edited by nadieaqui 2021-02-03 22:23:18)

@boldbeast, Alsa records perfectly when using (phone, speaker, wire headset) but not bluetooth headset -- that's why I thought maybe my Alsa confirguration was incorrect for bluetooth (since Alsa was recording but in slow motion).
Regardless, I can live without bluetooth. Thank you for the help.

nadieaqui wrote:
pathrikumark wrote:

@pathrikumark, your setting did not work for me using bluetooth headset. The recording is still in slow motion.
'Ok Google' is disabled.
Made 4 calls to difference telephone numbers -- all recordings was in slow motion.
This would be the 4th time I have tested this configure - only difference is I uninstalled and reinstalled app.

One last thing that we can try is uninstall the call fix module from Magisk. Uninstall app. Reboot. AGAIN REBOOT. Now install app, install call fix module and restart. This is the last option that we can try once before giving up I think. BTW, I am not sure if Kernel can be an issue here, because we both have same mobile with the same Android version. Hope you are using stock ROM and not any custom kernel or custom ROM.

pathrikumark wrote:
nadieaqui wrote:
pathrikumark wrote:

'Ok Google' is disabled.

One last thing that we can try is uninstall the call fix module from Magisk. Uninstall app. Reboot. AGAIN REBOOT. Now install app, install call fix module and restart. This is the last option that we can try once before giving up I think. BTW, I am not sure if Kernel can be an issue here, because we both have same mobile with the same Android version. Hope you are using stock ROM and not any custom kernel or custom ROM.

@pathrikumark, I tried your suggestion - still slow motion recording on bluetooth headset.
I'm using stock rom
thank you for the help.

@pathrikumark, maybe some app on my phone is causing the problem.
Below is a list of Apps with Microphone permission on my phone.
What Apps have Microphone permission on your phone?

My Apps with permission access to microphone:
settings->Apps & notifications->Permission Manager->Microphone
BoldBeast
Camera
Phone
WhatsApp