I tried that and it still blocked audio on incoming wifi calls.

johnb wrote:

Query - the software works fine when using the google pixel phone without headphones, but will not record with headphones (it just picks up background noise). Is there any known fix for this? (Phone is not rooted)

This indicates there is a bug in the ROM, no matter what recorder in the market you are using the problem is always there.
Please root the phone, then Boldbeast has more powerful options available to fix the problem.

Badhabit_wb wrote:

I tried that and it still blocked audio on incoming wifi calls.

So I'm afraid there is no good solutions.

Thanks. I'll keep trying things but for right now I'll just leave it set to manual and record when I need to. If I find a way to make it work I will post back or send a log.

I can't change the file format of recording. It is still WAV no matter what is chosen in memo settings / record format. I tried all of them, but still WAV is in output.

1. You should change the "Call Settings - Record Format" option, not the "Memo Settings - Record Format" option.
2. If you use the Alsa Mode to record calls, for Android 6.x you can change the format, however for Android 7.x only the wav format is supported.
3. If you use the Recode Mode1 to record calls, for all Android versions you can change the format.

I upgraded to android 8.0 and now boldbeast doesn't recognize that the phone is rooted. SuperSu shows it as rooted and when I click enable rooted options I get a pop up that says boldbeast has permissions  but after a few seconds I get a notification from boldbeast -3 cannot enable rooted options.

Android 8.0 changed something.
We'll investigate it.

Update
======
We have found the reason, the problem is caused by a change inside Android 8.0. We'll fix it in the next version of Boldbeast Recorder V9.4.

Thanks. I know the Pixel has to be rooted differently now and the ui has changed a bit as well. There are 2 slots to deal with but it's still fairly easy to root.

Any progress on a fix?

We have fixed the problem internally, and added the new MP3 format.
Everything is going well.

Thanks. Any idea about when it will be available? I don't mind beta testing.

I have just sent the test version of Boldbeast Recorder V9.4 to you by email.
Is it working well in your phone? If you find any bug or error please tell me. Thank you in advance.

Hi! I am VERY interested in beta testing 9.4 as well for my Nexus 6p on Android 7 so that I can test the MP3 format on my rooted phone.

Thank you!

arjones85 wrote:

Hi! I am VERY interested in beta testing 9.4 as well for my Nexus 6p on Android 7 so that I can test the MP3 format on my rooted phone. Thank you!

I have just sent it to you, please test it.

honxrv15 wrote:
DT wrote:

Update:

So I've rooted my Pixel XL, and Alsa mode seems working fine so far.  That's enough for me.  If I encounter any more problem I'll post here.

What is the tool you used for rooting Pixel?

boldbeast wrote:

We have fixed the problem internally, and added the new MP3 format.
Everything is going well.

Hi there! Would really appreciate if you could send me the test version of Boldbeast Recorder V9.4. My pixel is running Android O DP4 and is rooted. Thanks.

ispeakout wrote:

Hi there! Would really appreciate if you could send me the test version of Boldbeast Recorder V9.4. My pixel is running Android O DP4 and is rooted. Thanks.

Sent, please check your email box.

me three!!  may you send v9.4 to try on android 8.0.0 rooted pixel xl?  thank you~

dariamorgendorffer wrote:

me three!!  may you send v9.4 to try on android 8.0.0 rooted pixel xl?  thank you~

Sent, please check your email box.

The latest version of Boldbeast Recorder V9.8 was released, please update the app in your phone to V9.8, it works well now on Android 8.0.

Boldbeast + Pixel 2 (Oreo 8.0)--> working
Boldbeast + Pixel 2 (Oreo 8.1 beta) crashes permanently.

Any Solutions? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your report.
Android 8.1 beta is a early test version, it must have changed something inside. We'll investigate it and change Boldbeast Recorder accordingly.

Wegener22 wrote:

Boldbeast + Pixel 2 (Oreo 8.0)--> working

I remember reading before that the Pixel 1 required rooting. Is the same true of the Pixel 2, or does it work without rooting?

I'm looking to get a new phone soon, and would like to record calls (including sometimes using a bluetooth earpiece), without rooting. I also hate how most phones are ridiculously large nowadays. So the Pixel 2 might be a good option for me if it works. I'm open to other recommendations, though.

Google Pixel 2: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic15 … order.html