I can also confirm Google Pixel Oreo 8.1 beta, program is crashing. I have sent feed back logs

Android 8.1 Beta version has changed something inside that made the problem.
We have found the changed spot, we'll change the app accordingly to fix the problem soon.

boldbeast wrote:

Android 8.1 Beta version has changed something inside that made the problem.
We have found the changed spot, we'll change the app accordingly to fix the problem soon.

Hi is there any update on when will u fix for 8.1 beta?

We are dealing with the Android 8.1 beta problem.

UPDATE 2017-11-23
=================
Please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to V10.4, now this problem has been fixed, Android 8.1 works smoothly.

Boldbeast worked perfectly without root on previous versions of Android os. Since updating to Android 8.1 on my pixel there has been an issue where I record and my speaker  starts to make different noises. Also notifications on the phone stop making sounds till I reboot the phone. This only happens when I use boldbeast if I don't use it my phone is fine.

Any help with this would be great. I've always liked this app and hope it can still work on my phone.

Another user confirmed the "speaker noises" problem, he said "it's not Android 8.1, indeed it's started after the ROM ver 16 update". The problem is in the ROM, no matter what recorder you are using the problem will be always there.

Boldbeast Recorder can fix it. Please enable the option "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream" in the app, the user said "So far so good."

Hello,

I'm using Boldbeast on a rooted Google Pixel and I updated to Android Pie.  Under Oreo, the app obtained root through Magisk.  Under Pie, it is looking for Super SU.  How so I fix this?

ajosey12 wrote:

Under Oreo, the app obtained root through Magisk.  Under Pie, it is looking for Super SU.  How so I fix this?

Actually it doesn't matter you use Magisk or SuperSU, Boldbeast Recorder works good with both of them. In theory Boldbeast Recorder works good with all SU packages.

The Magisk version you are using has a minor bug inside that made some apps can't get root access. Please update Boldbeast Recorder to V11.7, it can bypass the bug in Magisk, therefore it works at once.