Guys,

This is all Samsung's fault for "enforcing" this recording block on call recording apps. The developer is analyzing the logs currently to determine how can we enable call recording after we root the phone. Without root, call recording will definitely not work due to Samsung enforcing this block.

pb1982 wrote:

Guys,

This is all Samsung's fault for "enforcing" this recording block on call recording apps. The developer is analyzing the logs currently to determine how can we enable call recording after we root the phone. Without root, call recording will definitely not work due to Samsung enforcing this block.

I totally understand, but I don't want to root and trip KNOX for a recording app that doesn't work (yet). ;-) So keep me updated

if i root s9 and install lineage 15.1 will it work then?

s9.user wrote:

if i root s9 and install lineage 15.1 will it work then?

I have received no feedback from users about the lineage ROM so far.

pb1982 wrote:

Thanks, also uploaded the logs here in case you didn't receive it via the app:
https : // my .pcloud. com/publink/show?code=XZDpQQ7Z1JhaM9dtRA4Gj514GKhVyQyCpTYV

I am planning to root too.

Logs uploaded few days ago. Please confirm recording working with root?

Thank you

Thanks to pb1982 for his log files.

I checked the log files, although Boldbeast successfully gets root access it still doesn't work well because SELinux is blocking the app doing its job. I saw pb1982 did set SELinux to the permissive state, but it's not really permissive. SELinux policies are still enforced.

Please remove the SELinux limitations and test again. How to remove it? I don't know, I think root communities may help.

Thanks boldbeast for trying to figure this out. I can confirm the SELinux mode is set to "permissive". I did three tests to verify this.

1. I installed SELinux status check app and it confirmed that I am already in permissive mode.
2. I installed Viper4Android driver which requires SELinux to be permissive for audio driver to finish installing successfully. I was able to install it fine on SELinux permissive Kernel and it did fail on stock kernel which has SELinux permissive.
3. Verified with custom kernel developer that he has SELinux configured as permissive when he compiled this Kernel.

The insufficient permissions issue you are seeing with boldbeast, could it be due to it unable to get permission to VOICE_CALL parameter due to Samsung limiting access to this  parameter only to System apps that are signed by the platform/ROM keys from Stock ROM and Boldbeast's APK is signed by different keys?

33 (edited by hendrikmjp1 2018-04-17 05:18:35)

Helo

Im Hendrik,I from Indonesia and already buy full version. Why no voice for the other person now  for Samsung S9+? How can setting this version?
If cant use,im very disappointed and I hope return my money.
Thank for your attention.

pb1982 wrote:

I can confirm the SELinux mode is set to "permissive".

From your log files I saw
- the Alsa Mode didn't work, the system refused the app to open the alsa sound device.
- the Recod Mode 21 didn't work, the system refused the app to run in that mode.
Because the app already has the root permission, I think only SELinux can prevent it working. Anyway I'll investigate it further more.

rishalm wrote:

I have Galaxy S9 SM-G960F (International Exynos)

I have tried settings for S8/S8+, S7/S7Edge and Note 8, in each case, only my voice is being recorded. The other side is completely mute (not soft).

Please provide correct settings for this device.

Thank you

36 (edited by pb1982 2018-04-17 18:53:59)

boldbeast wrote:

From your log files I saw
- the Alsa Mode didn't work, the system refused the app to open the alsa sound device.
- the Recod Mode 21 didn't work, the system refused the app to run in that mode.
Because the app already has the root permission, I think only SELinux can prevent it working. Anyway I'll investigate it further more.

Thanks, I recall having to install ALSA mixer package in the past when I had to do this on Android v4. Do you think ALSA is missing on Oreo (or Samsung's customized OEM Oreo) which is why the ALSA is not working?

Like most android phones in the market, Galaxy S9 uses the Alsa sound system inside.

Some phones like Moto G4 etc block the caller's voice from being recorded by disabling several Alsa Controls, Boldbeast Recorder fixes the problem by enabling them. The "ALSA mixer package" you mentioned does the same thing.

However Galaxy S9 blocks the caller's voice from being recorded by other ways, so changing Alsa Controls no longer work.

38 (edited by VORTICE 2018-04-18 18:33:33)

I have an S9+ and when I try to play back a voice memo, there is a recording, but it's not playing back any sound. Any idea how to fix? I've even tried enabling external player.

Call recorder is playing back fine, but not memo recorder.

39 (edited by 1234.boldbeast 2018-04-19 09:28:32)

Snapdragon sm-g965u

I have the Samsung S9+ and the app is WORKING as it has in the past.   Initially it did not work and I can't point to the exact change that occurred.   I did add the manually record widget and played with that then removed it so not sure if this enabled something. But noticed after a call came I  the floating button was now on screen selected and both sides of the conversion recorded and it continues to work.

I have BK Package Disabler installed to kill all the bloatware.  I have the following services disabled.   The APP wasn't working and now it is.   FYI: BK Package Disabler is a MUST excellent none ROOT app to kill off the bloat.

"wakasoftware.  com/bk-package-disabler"

Also I am not ROOTED Stock OS.

40 (edited by pb1982 2018-04-19 01:48:57)

1234.boldbeast wrote:

I have the Samsung S9+ and the app is WORKING has it has in the past.   Initially it did not work and I can't point to the exact change that occurred.

Do you have a Snapdragon or Exynos version? The app works fine on S9+ Snapdragon. Do you have G965U or G965F?

pb1982 wrote:
1234.boldbeast wrote:

I have the Samsung S9+ and the app is WORKING has it has in the past.   Initially it did not work and I can't point to the exact change that occurred.

Do you have a Snapdragon or Exynos version? The app works fine on S9+. Do you have G965U or G965F?

Snapdragon

Snapdragon S9/S9+ work fine actually. The issue is with Exynos S9/S9+

43 (edited by m60lazio 2018-04-19 14:01:10)

I have a Samsung S9 + SM-G965F / DS.
Only my voice is heard in the recording.
I do NOT hear the voice of the person I spoke to.
How can I fix it?
Let me know?
Thank you.

Hello @boldbeast ! Any luck with the debugging? Thanks for your support.

We are still investigating it.

Update 2018-05-02
===============
We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V11.1. Please update the app in your phone to V11.1, the problem has been fixed in the new version, now all Galaxy S9 variants in all countries work great (both Snapdragon 845 and Exynos 9810 phones are supported) , recorded calls are crystal clear in two sides, no root needed.

Google Play may need time to publish it, if at this moment the new version is not available in your area please download it from our web site: https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

47 (edited by alle090 2018-05-02 21:19:14)

Hello,

I am intensely waiting for my S9+ (int) to get this update and will comeback with results.

If lucky, do we dare to spread this information!? :s
Will Samsung try to shut this fix down?

Other communities where they are looking for a solution:

XDA: 100% working call recording app?
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Gal … ight/false

Samsung: Call Recorder
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy … 1951/page4

Do we dare to spread this information!? Will Samsung try to shut this fix down?

=> To find a solution without root is very difficult, because there are many limits in the ROM (permissions, selinux etc). In theory Samsung can do anything, if they want to shut this down it's easy for them to do so in future ROM updates.

You are great ! Thank you very much  !
To me setting default setting didn't work and manually select record mode 7 ...
Once again THANK YOU !

boldbeast wrote:

Do we dare to spread this information!? Will Samsung try to shut this fix down?

=> To find a solution without root is very difficult, because there are many limits in the ROM (permissions, selinux etc). In theory Samsung can do anything, if they want to shut this down it's easy for them to do so in future ROM updates.

Can confirm that the new update works great!
Bloody Epic!

But my question was more towards; Spreading the info that there is one app for S9+ users that can in fact record calls. Or to not spread in the info, in fear that Samsung will block this possibility too.