I had recently installed Version 7.2 GP and it seems to work well, however, I have an issue.  Sometimes when I call a number, I can't hear the other party and have to redial the number in order to hear the other party speak.  The call does record, and the other party is heard saying," hello...hello" on the boldbeast recording.

I have had this problem with other call recording software (other recorders did require root) and thought it was a issue with the way the program changed system settings.  My phone is currently factory reset (since previous root) and not re-rooted (stock).

I read a post here that another user had a similar problem, but with a different version on the S4.  I am using the SCH-I545 (Verizon) Android Version 4.4.2.

What are the correct options for my phone?  I have not changed anything in Boldbeast 7.2 and left the default options after installation.  Thanks!!

Please use these settings to record calls on your Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 Verizon (no root needed):

- Record Mode: 4
- Tune Samsung 1: Yes
- Tune Samsung 2: Yes
- Tune Samsung 3: Enable Group 1
- Tune Audio Route: No

See here also: Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 Call Recorder

I tried all the options for "Tune Samsung 3" and all except for "Enable Group 1" will disable the speaker on the phone and send all sounds to the earpiece (including alarms, music, etc.).  Once you do this you have to change back to "Enable Group 1" and reboot the phone to return to having sounds that should be sent to the speaker not sent to the earpiece.

Will this bug in 7.2 be fixed?   I love this app and happy I don't need to root my phone.  Thanks!!

Thank you for your information.

Indeed Samsung disabled the call recording feature of SCH-I545, all other recorders can only record your voice (can't record the caller's voice) without root.

With settings above Boldbeast Recorder can record calls perfectly in two directions without root because we used special recording parameters to record. So far from user's feedback it seems everything is OK.

If the special recording parameters don't work well on your phone, I'm afraid you should root the phone, use following settings to record calls, it works well also (no special recording parameters used):
- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Samsung 1: No
- Tune Samsung 2: No
- Tune Samsung 3: No
- Tune Audio Route: No
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: Yes

A user reported the same issue with boldbeast 7.2 and said the issue is resolved by downgrading to 7.1.  That means that it would work correctly without root.  I just wanted to know if you could address the issue in the next update to fix the issue that is in the latest (7.2) version.

Rooting the device will work until the carrier updates then another root cycle begins, which usually is time consuming to research the new root procedure.  It is nice to have a non root option that works and that is proven in Boldbeast 7.1.  I'm just asking for the change to be incorporated in the next update.  Would this be possible?

A user reported the problem on SGH-I337, yes, we'll try to find what made the difference and try to fix it in future versions.

Yes the related post is:

http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic864 … eeded.html

Also,

Do you know if this issue will be fixed in BoldBeast 7.3, and what is the expected release date of this version.

I might add that this issue was present in prior software recorders (that I tested before I knew about boldbeast) so im sure that it has something to do with the Samsung firmware.  I am happy that BoldBeast 7.1 dosent have this issue but would rather wait until the issue is resolved (hopefully soon in Boldbeast 7.3).

lou wrote:

I might add that this issue was present in prior software recorders (that I tested before I knew about boldbeast) so im sure that it has something to do with the Samsung firmware.

Thank you for your information, this will help us find the reason, and fix the problem in V7.3.
We hope we can release the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V7.3 on 26 or 27 Jan 2015.

Do you know if the new update, released today, fixes this issue?  Also is there a bug fix list?  Thanks!!

lou wrote:

Do you know if the new update, released today, fixes this issue?  Also is there a bug fix list?  Thanks!!

We have just released V7.3, we changed something related to this issue, but have no feedback from users if it has been fixed. Can you please tell us your test result? Thanks.

My initial finding is that "Tune Samsung 3" set to Enable Group 2 still sends all sounds to the earpiece.  This applies to all sounds, including alarms, on the device.  I am told that BB 7.1 does not have this bug.

I set my phone to "Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1 (and rebooted to reset so sounds go to appropriate places).  When I received a call, the recorder recorded silence for the calls duration, except for "Hello" at the beginning of the call.

What happened with BB 7.2 was on  Enable Group 1, incoming or outgoing calls would usually be silent on an initial call, so you would either have to wait for the party to call back or redial the call to hear the other party.  But if you listened to the recording, you could hear both parties, but on the actual initial call, both parties would hear nothing.

In summation  (Verizon Wireless SCH-I545),

BB 7.1 Apparently normal operation

BB 7.2 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  First initial call silent, redial or wait for call back then works as normal
BB 7.2 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 2)  All phone sounds are routed to the earpiece.

BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Incoming call records with no sound at all.
BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 2)  All phone sounds are routed to the earpiece.

Is their a solution to this bug?

Thanks for your very detailed information. From this information I have an idea, I'll investigate it further more and change something.

13 (edited by lou 2015-01-28 14:39:17)

Your welcome.

Used "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to you.

Update (Verizon Wireless SCH-I545 - Latest Firmware) :

BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Outgoing call that I placed was recorded without issue.

BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Incoming call did not auto record so I manually pushed the record button.  When recording was played, it only recorded my side of the conversation.

Update (Verizon Wireless SCH-I545 - Latest Firmware) :
BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Outgoing call that I placed was recorded without issue.
BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Incoming call did not auto record so I manually pushed the record button.  When recording was played, it only recorded my side of the conversation.

If you start recording the call after the call is answered (not at the dialing/ringing phase), does it record two sides?

15 (edited by lou 2015-01-28 23:56:42)

Verizon Wireless SCH-I545 - Latest Firmware)

Incoming call during dialing/ringing phase:

BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Incoming call did not auto record so I manually pushed the record button before the call was answered (during the ringing phase).  I could hear the other party, but when recording was played, it only recorded my side of the conversation.

Incoming call after the dialing/ringing phase:

BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Incoming call did not auto record so I manually pushed the record button after the call was answered (after the ringing phase).  I could not hear the other party, but heard a lot of static sounds.  The conversation was not recorded and did not show up in the recording list.

I tested the above a couple of times (both before and after the dialing/ringing phase) and got the same results each time.

Outgoing call:

BB 7.3 (Tune Samsung 3" =  Enable Group 1)  Outgoing calls that I placed, auto recorded, without issue.

Issue seems to be with incoming calls only.

Thanks for the information.
I'll change several recording parameters later.

Boldbeast Recorder V7.4 has just been released, we changed the related part, please test again with your Galaxy S4 SCH-I545.

Updated 2015-02-03
================
Thanks to lou, he tested V7.4 and confirmed it worked perfectly.
No root needed, just set the Tune Samsung 3 option to "Enable Group 1", then everything is OK.

Just want to thank the Boldbeast Team for their EXCELLENT customer service and TERRIFIC app!  They worked hard to fix my issue and I am completely satisfied.  The ONLY app that records without root!! 

V 7.4 Boldbeast SCH-I545 Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S4 with current firmware as on 2/3/15.