You must have tested many call recorders in the market for your ATT Galaxy S4 SGH-I337, and found all of them can only record your voice, the caller's voice can't be recorded.

Here is a good news for you - Boldbeast Recorder can record calls perfectly in two directions, no root need. This is the only solution in the world without root.

Please use following settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 4
- Record Format: AMR
- Tune Samsung 1: Yes
- Tune Samsung 2: Yes
- Tune Samsung 3: Test "Enable Group 1", "Enable Group 2", "Enable Group 3", "Enable Group 4" one by one
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

My phone is that exact model. I have Boldbeast version 7.1 registered. Record Mode was set to 4 by default at install and Record Format was AMR by default. But what are the Tune Samsung settings? I do not see them anywhere. It is working perfectly, but I was just wondering what they are and why I don't have them.

Yes, I did test a LOT of recorders and it was always the same thing. I gave up until this past week when I found yours. It is a godsend and I love it. I had a Pantech phone that had a Record button whenever you were on a call and you could press it at anytime to start and stop a recording of both sides. I got spoiled by it and wanted the same thing for my S4. Now I do. Thanks again.

Glad to know Boldbeast Recorder works well for your SGH-I337.
The Tune Samsung 1, Tune Samsung 2 ... options are in the Settings - Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues screen.

Updated 2014-12-13
----------------------------

Please set Tune Samsung 3 to "Enable Group 1" for following Android versions, it records calls perfectly.
Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Android 4.2.2
Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Android 4.3
Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Android 4.4.2

Please set Tune Samsung 3 to "Enable Group 2" for Android 4.4.4, it records calls perfectly.

Thanks to Thomas Mitchell, he told us "Enable Group 2" works well for Android 4.4.4, if you use "Enable Group 1" you may meet following problems:
"the first time you dialed a number it would not go through but when you redialed it the call would go through. Other symptoms indicating a problem was that Boldbeast would not stop recording sometimes for a full minute or two after you ended the call. On an occasion or two it would give an error when you started to record either in memo mode or when attempting to record a call. The problem would exhibit itself whether you had it set to Manual or Auto recording. Funny thing was, when you dialed a number that didn’t go through, Boldbeast would indicate it was recording and the phone timer would start as if the call went through and when you hung up if you chose to save the recording then when you played it back you would hear the other side speaking even though you heard nothing on when the call was happening, and you couldn’t hear your side at all on the recording."

Updated 2014-12-16
----------------------------

Thanks to Thomas Mitchell again, he pointed out in Boldbeast Recorder V7.2 when set Tune Samsung 3 to "Enable Group 2" for Android 4.4.4, it records calls perfectly, but the ringing tone will become very low later. Boldbeast Recorder V7.1 don't have this problem.

So, Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Android 4.4.4 please install Boldbeast Recorder V7.1. Here it is: Boldbeast Recorder V7.1.

I don't know if this will help in troubleshooting or not, but I am going to mention it anyway. The volume for everything will be reduced to minimum, not just ringtones. Alarms, notifications, everything. And it still shows that it is on full volume too. But despite that, the volume will be so low that you cannot hear it unless you hold the phone up to your ear. But as mentioned, if you go back to version 7.1 you will not have any of these problems.

Do you know if this issue will be fixed and what is the expected release date of this version.  Thanks!!

Updated 2015-04-07
================
We have just released Boldbeast Recorder V7.7, it fixed the problem, now SGH-I337 works great.
Cheers!

Updated 2015-04-19
================
The new ROM of Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Android 5.0.1is released. Thanks to Thomas Mitchell, he said the new ROM works flawlessly, no root needed.

I am using the registered version 7.9GP and while the recording works perfect with the settings mentioned in the post the volume for all everything went down significantly. Is there any way I can revert it back?

What's the ROM you are using?
Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let us have a look at them. Thanks.

I had to reinstall the app, as the callers could not hear me at all. I wil get back to you if I run into issues again. thanks for the reply.

Look here also: Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Call Recording

Galaxy S4: Galaxy S4 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 GT-I9505: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SCH-I545: Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SGH-I337: Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SGH-M919: Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 SPH-L720: Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 CM11: Galaxy S4 CM11 Call Recorder
Galaxy S4 CM12: Galaxy S4 CM12 Call Recorder