Good news! Boldbeast Call Recorder can record calls perfectly in two directions on Motorola Nexus 6 Android 5.0 Lollipop and 6.0 Marshmallow. Root is needed.

Please install Boldbeast Recorder V7.3 or newer versions, use following settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Route: No
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: Yes

Now your Nexus 6 records calls perfectly.

Updated 2016-10-27
================
Boldbeast Recorder V9.0 has been released, Nexus 6 Android 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 all work great.

Updated 2015-04-07
================
Please install Boldbeast Recorder V7.7 or newer versions for Nexus 6, it supports all following systems:

Android 5.0
Android 5.0.1
Android 5.0.2
Android 5.1
Android 6.0

Earpiece, speaker, wired headset, bluetooth devices all work well. Please use settings listed above to record calls.
Please disable the "Tune Audio Route" option, otherwise bluetooth recordings may have echo inside.

Updated 2017-11-11
================
Please install Boldbeast Recorder V10.3 or newer versions for Nexus 6, it supports Android 5.0 to Android 8.0.

Root
================
No matter SuperSU or Magisk, no matter Systemless Root or not, Boldbeast works very well with all of them.

Google Pixel 4: Google Pixel 4 Call Recorder
Google Pixel 3a: Google Pixel 3a Call Recorder
Google Pixel 3: Google Pixel 3 Call Recorder
Google Pixel 2: Google Pixel 2 Call Recorder
Google Pixel: Google Pixel Call Recorder
Nexus 6P: Nexus 6P Call Recorder
Nexus 6:  Nexus 6 Call Recorder
Nexus 5X: Nexus 5X Call Recorder
Nexus 5:  Nexus 5 Call Recorder
Nexus 4:  Nexus 4 Call Recorder

Hi,
since the update to Android 5.1 (Kernel 3.10.40-geec2459; Build Nummer- LMY47E, with root), the recorder doesn´t work. it crashes all the times.
It seems that he has problems when saving the file.

Android 5.1 changed several APIs that made the problem, we'll update the app to fix it.
At this moment please disable the "Ask Before Save" option in the app, although it still crashes at the end of recording but it can save recorded calls. Sorry for that.

Updated 2015-04-07
================
The problem is fixed, please install V7.7 or newer versions.

Nexus 6 CM12 ROM: CM12 Call Recorder
Nexus 6 CM13 ROM: CM13 Call Recorder
Nexus 6 Google Fi: Google Fi Call Recording

Can't seem to get it working on Chroma Marshmallow (AOSP based ROM). Button for manual recording will not activate in dialer. Any help appreciated.

Can you please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me? let me check them. Thanks.

Sent, thanks much!

I checked your log files, you recorded only one call using wrong settings.
Please use above settings to record calls.

Hello, I just updated to Nougat, have root, but Enable Root Options fails.  The SuperSU prompt came up.  Root Explorer root works in other apps, but Boldbeast said I wasn't rooted properly and to Google how to root my Nexus 6.  I think this is because the app is not updated to enable root options for a Nexus 6 with Nougat.

How can I help?  This is the best app and I want to continue to use it.

Please install V8.7d that has fixed the problem: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic132 … r-v87.html

boldbeast wrote:

Please install V8.7d that has fixed the problem: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic132 … r-v87.html

Yes it is working like a charm again.  Thanks

I noticed it shows a standby notification now so that the app doesn't get "dozed".  I added this app to my battery setting Not Optimized list and in the App settings said to remove that notification.  I assume this will result in expected function, I.e pre-Marshmallow.  Can you please confirm?

Android 6.0 and newer versions have a new feature "Battery Optimization" that can deactivate the recorder, as a result some calls may not be recorded.
We introduced the "Standby Indicator" in the new version that can fix the problem. More information: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic132 … order.html

Android 5.0 and older versions don't have the "Battery Optimization" feature so it don't have the problem. However some third-party ROMs, third-party apps may add this feature to the system, in this case the "Standby Indicator" in the new version V8.7 can be useful.

I have a Motorola Google Nexus 6, not rooted, running Android 7.1.1, running Pro version 11.2GP. I have followed instructions posted here for settings, including battery optimization turned off for Bold Beast. Recording my side of conversation on bluetooth headset, but not the caller. Any help for this?

You should root the phone to fix the problem, see the post #1.
Without root there is no solution in the market.

17 (edited by wolfballz 2019-03-14 21:51:07)

Are there any new settings we should use for a Nexus 6 running Nitrogen OS Android Pie?  I tried using the latest recommended settings here but with the latest version of the app I get no audio on either side.  I have enabled rooted options and followed instructions in this forum that worked previously but now they don't.  Any recommendations?

wolfballz wrote:

Are there any new settings we should use for a Nexus 6 running Nitrogen OS Android Pie?  I tried using the latest recommended settings here but with the latest version of the app I get no audio on either side.  I have enabled rooted options and followed instructions in this forum that worked previously but now they don't.  Any recommendations?

So Nitrogen OS Android Pie changed something inside.
Please send log files to me service@boldbeast.com, let me check them and change related recording parameters to fix it.

boldbeast wrote:
wolfballz wrote:

So Nitrogen OS Android Pie changed something inside.
Please send log files to me service@boldbeast.com, let me check them and change related recording parameters to fix it.

I'll get you the log files today or tomorrow.  Thanks

I have a Motorola Google Nexus 6, Rooted, running Android 7.1.1, running Pro version 12.3GP.
I have two annoying problems:
- with my bluetooth in the car, the recording is for both sides, but my voice has an "echo" effect;
- very often, with or without Bluetooth connected, while the phone call is starting, the software stops and notifies me that it is impossible to record. When this error occurs, all I can do is restart the phone.
Any help for these?
THX

Shingen wrote:

I have a Motorola Google Nexus 6, Rooted, running Android 7.1.1

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

UPDATE
I checked your log files.

with my bluetooth in the car, the recording is for both sides, but my voice has an "echo" effect;
=> Please try to disable the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream" option and test again.

very often, with or without Bluetooth connected, while the phone call is starting, the software stops and notifies me that it is impossible to record. When this error occurs, all I can do is restart the phone.
=> Your log files include data from 2019-05-07 10:02:10 to 2019-05-12 17:06:41. I didn't see the problem during this period.