26 (edited by Jos 2019-04-20 06:04:24)

Bobbo wrote:

So now I have to Root my note 8, that is why I bought BoldBest in the 1st place, (So I didn't have to root to use other apps to record). I just want to be positive, it will not work now with both sides if you dont root your phone. So my journey is gone and I have to look again for one that does. ☹️☹️☹️

Me to Bobbo. At this moment I am also not happy with Boldbeast. They have to look for a solution for all of their members. ????????

27 (edited by mjames9999 2019-04-23 21:00:21)

So Im on Android 9 and the person on the other end of the phone is very soft.  I have Samsung S8+ and my wife has Samsung S8.
I just called my wife and played back the recording.  She was loud!  Very loud.  As loud as me.  I was using the speaker button when talking to her.

when I call her without the speaker (handsfree), it sounds a little louder than previosly but still both me and her sound soft.  Any ideas on this?

Neither device is rooted. Im in the United States on Verizon.

28

So your wife's S8 works good, no root needed. But your S8+ needs root.

29

It doesnt work correctly on either phone.  My point I was making above is that if you put a call on speaker, you can clearly hear both sides of the call.  I assume you know this already but maybe some people out there were unaware that the software will pick up both sides if you have the speaker to ON when you are on a call. (Once you are on a call, hit the speaker button on your dialer)

30

Yes, all phones can record both your voice and the caller's voice if you switch the speaker on. Boldbeast Recorder even has a "Auto Switch Speaker On" option to do it automatically if you want the app to do so. However it's not convenient to switch the speaker on when you are in the office, library etc.

To fix the problem root is needed.

31

I currently use another call recording app on Android Oreo that works without root. Call recording with the app works over both Bluetooth and Android Auto. But the app does not support any rooting on Android Pie.

If I root my Android Pie phone and enable BoldBeast's root options, will I be able to record both sides of conversations over a Bluetooth headset? What about Android Auto?

32

grimzecho wrote:

If I root my Android Pie phone and enable BoldBeast's root options, will I be able to record both sides of conversations over a Bluetooth headset? What about Android Auto?

1. If your phone has a Qualcomm chipset inside,
- No matter what your phone model is, no matter the bluetooth headset is connected or not, Boldbeast Recorder works good.
- We have no feedback about Android Auto so far, but in theory it works good. Feedback are welcomed.

2. If your phone has other chipset inside (Samsung Exynos, Huawei Kirin, MTK chipset etc),
- When the bluetooth headset is not connected, Boldbeast Recorder works good.
- When the bluetooth headset is connected, in some phones the app works good, but in some phones it can't record the caller's voice or your voice. In this case you'll find even the official recorder from the manufacturer has exactly the same issue, because there are bugs in the ROM related bluetooth. If the phone is popular I can try to fix it. I have fixed bluetooth problems for a lot of phones.
- We have no feedback about Android Auto so far, but in theory it works good. Feedback are welcomed.

33

mjames9999 wrote:

It doesnt work correctly on either phone.  My point I was making above is that if you put a call on speaker, you can clearly hear both sides of the call.  I assume you know this already but maybe some people out there were unaware that the software will pick up both sides if you have the speaker to ON when you are on a call. (Once you are on a call, hit the speaker button on your dialer)

This solution does not work on my Samsung Galaxy A7 2018

34

Jos wrote:
mjames9999 wrote:

It doesnt work correctly on either phone.  My point I was making above is that if you put a call on speaker, you can clearly hear both sides of the call.  I assume you know this already but maybe some people out there were unaware that the software will pick up both sides if you have the speaker to ON when you are on a call. (Once you are on a call, hit the speaker button on your dialer)

This solution does not work on my Samsung Galaxy A7 2018

Actually all phones work if you switch on the speaker.
When you switch on the speaker the caller's voice is loud in the room, the recorder records both your voice and the caller's voice from the microphone.

If you root the phone, Boldbeast records your voice from the microphone, but records the caller's voice directly from the phone line, therefore the sound quality is better.

35

boldbeast wrote:
Jos wrote:
mjames9999 wrote:

It doesnt work correctly on either phone.  My point I was making above is that if you put a call on speaker, you can clearly hear both sides of the call.  I assume you know this already but maybe some people out there were unaware that the software will pick up both sides if you have the speaker to ON when you are on a call. (Once you are on a call, hit the speaker button on your dialer)

This solution does not work on my Samsung Galaxy A7 2018

Actually all phones work if you switch on the speaker.
When you switch on the speaker the caller's voice is loud in the room, the recorder records both your voice and the caller's voice from the microphone.

If you root the phone, Boldbeast records your voice from the microphone, but records the caller's voice directly from the phone line, therefore the sound quality is better.

I have the pro version, do i have to disable or enable the auto switch speaker on?

36

Jos wrote:

I have the pro version, do i have to disable or enable the auto switch speaker on?

If you rooted the phone,
  Boldbeast works good, so no need to switch speaker on.

If you didn't root the phone,
- if the recorder works good, no need to switch speaker on.
- if the recorder doesn't work good, you need to switch speaker on.

37

Maddmaxx wrote:

Hello.
I was wondering if there is any way that i can help with the translation to Romanian language, since there is Turkish, i would also like to help you translate your great app, for free of course !
If you would like to have a go let me know, and send a reply at the address from my profile.
Thank you, and keep up with the great work !!!
Cheers !

Hi Mr. MadMax. Hello from Turkey. Are you there :)

38

After doing all above setting still not working on my phone xiaomi poco f1

39

deepaklodha13 wrote:

After doing all above setting still not working on my phone xiaomi poco f1

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.