26 (edited by Jos 2019-04-20 06:04:24)

Bobbo wrote:

So now I have to Root my note 8, that is why I bought BoldBest in the 1st place, (So I didn't have to root to use other apps to record). I just want to be positive, it will not work now with both sides if you dont root your phone. So my journey is gone and I have to look again for one that does. ☹️☹️☹️

Me to Bobbo. At this moment I am also not happy with Boldbeast. They have to look for a solution for all of their members. ????????

27 (edited by mjames9999 2019-04-23 21:00:21)

So Im on Android 9 and the person on the other end of the phone is very soft.  I have Samsung S8+ and my wife has Samsung S8.
I just called my wife and played back the recording.  She was loud!  Very loud.  As loud as me.  I was using the speaker button when talking to her.

when I call her without the speaker (handsfree), it sounds a little louder than previosly but still both me and her sound soft.  Any ideas on this?

Neither device is rooted. Im in the United States on Verizon.

So your wife's S8 works good, no root needed. But your S8+ needs root.

It doesnt work correctly on either phone.  My point I was making above is that if you put a call on speaker, you can clearly hear both sides of the call.  I assume you know this already but maybe some people out there were unaware that the software will pick up both sides if you have the speaker to ON when you are on a call. (Once you are on a call, hit the speaker button on your dialer)

Yes, all phones can record both your voice and the caller's voice if you switch the speaker on. Boldbeast Recorder even has a "Auto Switch Speaker On" option to do it automatically if you want the app to do so. However it's not convenient to switch the speaker on when you are in the office, library etc.

To fix the problem root is needed.

I currently use another call recording app on Android Oreo that works without root. Call recording with the app works over both Bluetooth and Android Auto. But the app does not support any rooting on Android Pie.

If I root my Android Pie phone and enable BoldBeast's root options, will I be able to record both sides of conversations over a Bluetooth headset? What about Android Auto?

grimzecho wrote:

If I root my Android Pie phone and enable BoldBeast's root options, will I be able to record both sides of conversations over a Bluetooth headset? What about Android Auto?

1. If your phone has a Qualcomm chipset inside,
- No matter what your phone model is, no matter the bluetooth headset is connected or not, Boldbeast Recorder works good.
- We have no feedback about Android Auto so far, but in theory it works good. Feedback are welcomed.

2. If your phone has other chipset inside (Samsung Exynos, Huawei Kirin, MTK chipset etc),
- When the bluetooth headset is not connected, Boldbeast Recorder works good.
- When the bluetooth headset is connected, in some phones the app works good, but in some phones it can't record the caller's voice or your voice. In this case you'll find even the official recorder from the manufacturer has exactly the same issue, because there are bugs in the ROM related bluetooth. If the phone is popular I can try to fix it. I have fixed bluetooth problems for a lot of phones.
- We have no feedback about Android Auto so far, but in theory it works good. Feedback are welcomed.

mjames9999 wrote:

It doesnt work correctly on either phone.  My point I was making above is that if you put a call on speaker, you can clearly hear both sides of the call.  I assume you know this already but maybe some people out there were unaware that the software will pick up both sides if you have the speaker to ON when you are on a call. (Once you are on a call, hit the speaker button on your dialer)

This solution does not work on my Samsung Galaxy A7 2018

Jos wrote:
mjames9999 wrote:

Actually all phones work if you switch on the speaker.
When you switch on the speaker the caller's voice is loud in the room, the recorder records both your voice and the caller's voice from the microphone.

If you root the phone, Boldbeast records your voice from the microphone, but records the caller's voice directly from the phone line, therefore the sound quality is better.

boldbeast wrote:
Jos wrote:
mjames9999 wrote:

Actually all phones work if you switch on the speaker.
When you switch on the speaker the caller's voice is loud in the room, the recorder records both your voice and the caller's voice from the microphone.

If you root the phone, Boldbeast records your voice from the microphone, but records the caller's voice directly from the phone line, therefore the sound quality is better.

I have the pro version, do i have to disable or enable the auto switch speaker on?

Jos wrote:

I have the pro version, do i have to disable or enable the auto switch speaker on?

If you rooted the phone,
  Boldbeast works good, so no need to switch speaker on.

If you didn't root the phone,
- if the recorder works good, no need to switch speaker on.
- if the recorder doesn't work good, you need to switch speaker on.

Maddmaxx wrote:

Hello.
I was wondering if there is any way that i can help with the translation to Romanian language, since there is Turkish, i would also like to help you translate your great app, for free of course !
If you would like to have a go let me know, and send a reply at the address from my profile.
Thank you, and keep up with the great work !!!
Cheers !

Hi Mr. MadMax. Hello from Turkey. Are you there :)

After doing all above setting still not working on my phone xiaomi poco f1

deepaklodha13 wrote:

After doing all above setting still not working on my phone xiaomi poco f1

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Maddmaxx wrote:

Hello.
I was wondering if there is any way that i can help with the translation to Romanian language, since there is Turkish, i would also like to help you translate your great app, for free of course !
If you would like to have a go let me know, and send a reply at the address from my profile.
Thank you, and keep up with the great work !!!
Cheers !

Hello!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900T) that runs LineageOS 16 (pie) and is rooted and I told Boldbeast Call Recorder this. But it will still only record my half of the conversation.

doo wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900T) that runs LineageOS 16 (pie) and is rooted and I told Boldbeast Call Recorder this. But it will still only record my half of the conversation.

1. Confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder.

2. Install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in Boldbeast Recorder, it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

3. Use these settings in Boldbeast Recorder to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream: Yes

Now your recordings will be crystal clear.

43 (edited by dark.knight 2019-08-09 15:53:47)

I have Xiaomi Mi A1 rooted Pie , and my voice is echoed.

dark.knight wrote:

I have Xiaomi Mi A1 rooted Pie , and my voice is echoed.

This indicates your ROM has a bug inside. However Boldbeast Recorder can bypass the bug.
Please use the settings in the post #42 to record calls. In the meanwhile try to change the option "Call Settings - File Sampling Rate" to 48000, 44100, 16000, 8000, test them one by one. One of them will make your recordings crystal clear.

"settings - only Input recording" ?

Ahoj, děkuji za skvělou podporu rekordéru.

Většinou se zde řeší problém, že Boldbeast Recorder nahrává pouze výstupní OUT signál.
Mám dotaz týkající se nahrávání s mým zakořeněným Huawei P20Lite. Je v aplikaci Boldbeast Recorder umožněno nastavení  nahrávání pouze vstupu? Nechci směšovat vstupní a výstupní signály.
Děkuji za odpověď.

jednadvatri123 wrote:

Mám dotaz týkající se nahrávání s mým zakořeněným Huawei P20Lite. Je v aplikaci Boldbeast Recorder umožněno nastavení  nahrávání pouze vstupu? Nechci směšovat vstupní a výstupní signály.

The app can't do it, sorry.

So I bought the Samsung S10 5G.  Running Android 9.  On Verizon.  Boldbeast version 12.8 GP Pro version.
Its NOT rooted.   

Under Call List, I am not getting phone numbers listed..just says "Unknown".

48 (edited by mjames9999 2019-11-07 18:18:26)

Is there any workaround?  For example, I use SyncMe.  it displays all outgoing and incoming phone numbers.  Also pulls names that are in my Contact book.

Please install Boldbeast Recorder from https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html directly to overwrite the version in your phone, at once the telephone number and contact name problem will disappear.
Why? Please see [007] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know the reason.
Don't uninstall the app then reinstall it. Instead please install and overwrite it directly, so that all your settings and recordings will remain unchanged.

50 (edited by Patrick 90 2020-02-08 15:32:49)

Здраствуйте, вопрос такой ,как включить запись в настройках  на модели
Samsung Galaxy A-40 , (вообще не включается запись) кто нибудь сталкивался с этим или может устанавливал root права на него при необходимости?.