1

OnePlus 7 Pro International Model GM1917 Android 9 (Oxygen OS v9.5.3), Running Boldbeast Recorder Pro v12.4, rooted with MagiskManager.

Settings:  Mode 1 (also tried 5, no difference;  Alsa Auto failed entirely)
Rooted Options enabled
Change Audio Controls  checked (Yes)
Tune Audio route: Group 1
Format:  AMR (also tried MP3 @ Auto Sampling rate, no difference)

The PROBLEM is that voice on the phone is crystal clear, but the remote "caller" is muffled, distorted, not intelligible.
Any thoughts what to try?  I have sent you my hardware log files.

2

Now that you have rooted the phone, please:

- Click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1

Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

3

OnePlus 7: OnePlus 7 Call Recorder
OnePlus 6, 6T: OnePlus 6 Call Recorder
OnePlus 5, 5T: OnePlus 5 Call Recorder
OnePlus 3, 3T: OnePlus 3 Call Recorder
OnePlus 2: OnePlus Two Call Recorder
OnePlus X: OnePlus X Call Recorder
OnePlus One: OnePlus One Call Recorder

4

I didn’t root my OnePlus 7 pro, use all the default settings and it seems working fine.  The remote side voice volume is a little lower, but clear.
One problem is the recorder doesn’t recognize caller id, all labeled as unknown caller, why?

5

DT wrote:

I didn’t root my OnePlus 7 pro, use all the default settings and it seems working fine.

In some countries OnePlus 7 / OnePlus 7 Pro works good, no root needed. Glad to see you don't need to root your phone. But in some countries the caller's voice is very weak in recordings, no matter what recorder you are using in the market, so root is needed to fix the problem.

DT wrote:

One problem is the recorder doesn’t recognize caller id, all labeled as unknown caller, why?

About the telephone number and contact name problem please see [007] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know more details.

6 (edited by mainstain99 2019-05-29 15:37:21)

boldbeast wrote:
DT wrote:

I didn’t root my OnePlus 7 pro, use all the default settings and it seems working fine.

In some countries OnePlus 7 / OnePlus 7 Pro works good, no root needed. Glad to see you don't need to root your phone. But in some countries the caller's voice is very weak in recordings, no matter what recorder you are using in the market, so root is needed to fix the problem.

I guess USA is one of those countries where the caller's voice is very weak, because I'm not rooted, using default settings, and it's clearly just recording sound from the mic. There's no actual audio input from the other caller, just whatever the mic picks up.

This app is not acting as a call recorder, it is just a sound recorder that happens to start and end with phone calls. You can get the exact same recording by using a free sound recorder app.

This is, by far, my most favorite call recording app, but I fear that Google has finally got to the point with Android 9 where call recorders simply won't work without root. Sad day indeed. I know, I know, "this will affect every call recorder on the Play Store"... but Boldbeast has NEVER been like the other call recorders on the Play store... it's always been better! (Until now)

7

The One Plus 7 pro has a built in call recording feature. In the US you have to use an app called joneplus tools to unhide this feature. This does require using USB debugging in developer mode to give the app a permission but it does not require root. The app will then let you select call record and a call record button will be unlocked on your default caller. I have tried to use the joneplus setting for call recording service but it does not let boldbeast work correctly on an unrooted phone. If you want to use boldbeast still you have to record with speaker phone on.

8

BroJessie wrote:

The One Plus 7 pro has a built in call recording feature. In the US you have to use an app called joneplus tools to unhide this feature. This does require using USB debugging in developer mode to give the app a permission but it does not require root. The app will then let you select call record and a call record button will be unlocked on your default caller. I have tried to use the joneplus setting for call recording service but it does not let boldbeast work correctly on an unrooted phone. If you want to use boldbeast still you have to record with speaker phone on.

Thanks for sharing the information. It's good for One Plus 7 users who don't want to root the phone.
OnePlus built-in call recorder has additional permissions granted, so it can record calls without root. Third-party recorders can't get these permissions, so root is needed.

9

I did want to add, part of the reason I like Boldbeast so much is the recording quality. The quality for my purposes is better than the built in OP7 recorder so I have rooted my phone to use the Boldbeast recorder. The call quality was also a priority for me as I need to share those recordings with others. Thanks for your good work.

10

I have a unlocked version and have rooted the phone. I am still unable to get Boldbeast to work properly as it will always give me an error of another recorder is blocking Boldbeast from working. Has anyone gotten the app to work like it is supposed to? Right now I am still using it in regular mode and putting it on speaker phone to record. The quality of the recording is still better than the built in recorder. I disabled ok Google anything else to try?

11

Three possible reasons:

1. You installed another recorder. Please uninstall it.
2. You enabled OK Google. Please disable it. See [001] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to do it.
3. The AudioServer in the ROM worked unstable, sometimes it failed to record calls. In this case you have to wait OnePlus to fix it in future ROM updates. You can confirm it yourself - If Boldbeast Recorder fails to record a call, please keep the call ongoing, and use the built-in recorder to record the call. You'll find the built-in recorder fails also, because the problem is in the ROM.