I'm on pixel 4, Android 11 ( RP1A.200720.009) rooted with magisk version 04995881 with manager version d4d837a5, selinux switcher, set to permissive.

There are no magisk modules installed, I even had magisk run the Uninstaller module.

I'm on an att network.

The app won't fully initialize to get the support payload, is there anything I can provide? What logs should I pull from catlog?

Can you please tap "Settings - Send Log Files" in Boldbeast VoIP Recorder to send log files to me? Let me check them and see what happened on your phone. Thanks.

The screen is grey when I click on the "voip recorder" icon, and will not initialize, I've restarted my phone multiple times. I can get catlogs but I need a filter to obtain from the system logs.

You said "the screen is grey when I click on the voip recorder icon". This is because Android 11 changed many things. We'll release a new version of Boldbeast VoIP Recorder soon to fix the problem.

5 (edited by anthony.hernandez 2020-10-13 08:56:47)

Thank you very much. I'll keep an eye out on updates and hope for the best including the fixes for magisk sudo access.

boldbeast wrote:

You said "the screen is grey when I click on the voip recorder icon". This is because Android 11 changed many things. We'll release a new version of Boldbeast VoIP Recorder soon to fix the problem.

Is there an ETA for the update?  It kind of leaves Android 11 in the dust, and if it's in the next couple of days, or even a week, I can hold off on rolling back my OS to 10. I rather Keep it at 11, it has a lot of features that are very useful. The screen capture is much better than boldbeast's screen capture. But lack of audio recording really hurts, I'm using external android device to be the Voice Recorder, but it's not as clear as the built in one, as the internal media player is direct digital recording of the other side.

We'll release the new version within several days.

Any update to this? This Friday I will be rolling back to a previous version. My video editing skills are really bad, and it takes up more time than it should.

Please install the latest version of Boldbeast VoIP Recorder (currently V1.7).

boldbeast wrote:

Please install the latest version of Boldbeast VoIP Recorder (currently V1.7),

I'm on the 1.7 released on November 3rd

https://youtu.be/KyEn0yDzWpo

Heres what I see.

My selinux switch is set to permissive.

Can you please:
1. Install the app Logcat Extreme: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scd.lcex
2. Open Logcat Extreme to start reading all system logs (give it root access when asked).
3. Try to open Boldbeast.
4. Switch to Logcat Extreme, stop reading logs, save the logs to a file.
5. Send to me service@boldbeast.com the file saved above.
Let me check the log file and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Email sent

Thank you for the log file.

About the problem please see this page to know how to fix it:
https://www.boldbeast.com/android/voip_ … oting.html

14 (edited by anthony.hernandez 2020-11-20 01:27:15)

I have more information. Seems that it claims that the CallRecordingFix module is not installed, but it is.

I have sent you the logs and screen shots of the installed module from Magisk, and showing the error.

The SELinux switch is still set to Permissive.

I installed v1.8 from the link you provided. That's great.

I can't find an option for the Magisk Core Only Mode in Magisk Manager. for [002]

Please advise, still not able to record.

We have just released the new version of Boldbeast VoIP Recorder V1.9. Please update the app on your phone to V1.9. The problem has been fixed. Now Android 11 works great.

Now it's back to a grey screen with v1.9

My version updated yesterday.

I'll download the one from the one on the troubleshoot page. I'll test shortly.

I sent another round of diagnostics and sample videos to your email.

About the "grey screen" problem please see this page to know how to fix it:
https://www.boldbeast.com/android/voip_ … oting.html