Hello
Call recording has been disabled on android pie
9 the only way to get the app to work is to root your phone

eranrose wrote:

Hi,
Ever since Android 9, I only have one sided recordings.
Are you aware of this?
Thanks

mrezzzkiel wrote:

I'm on S9+, android 9 and rooted. I can't get two-way call recording working. I've tried with default setting, which of course doesn't work on pie, and I've tried with the Alsa mode, which gives me an error that tells me to choose another mode. I've given the app root permission.
It's strange, because the native samsung call recorder can record both lines. I'd just prefer using boldbeast because 1) I've used it since 2016 and 2) the app allows me to choose the way the files are named and 3) I have lots of recordings managed in the app.

Can I do anything to get this fixed or am I SOL?
As I said, I have an alternative that works fine, but I'd were much like to keep using boldbeast.

boldbeast wrote:

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Any news about this or should I just stay patient?

From users' feedback, Galaxy S9 having Snapdragon 845 chipset inside can be fixed after root, however S9 having the Exynos 9810 chipset inside still can't be fixed even after root. At this moment we are dealing with it.

104 (edited by xantiqu 2019-02-03 08:40:11)

You say root your phone I say we can't because we lose warranty if I root phone I no need pro version your application I want back my 9.99£

105 (edited by raducanmihai 2019-02-05 04:36:29)

I am a Boldbeast Pro user on S9 Exynos, please find a fix for it without root. The whole point of spending USD 10 was to do it without root...

Also, I am (was, since it's not working anymore) using my SD card to record calls. After the update, it says that the SD card is too slow.

And you guys work on that ? Or you don't care about this people who buy pro version

Root is not way out !

If you can't fix that back people cash from buying your not working pro version

raducanmihai wrote:

it says that the SD card is too slow.

Please see [103] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

raducanmihai wrote:

The whole point of spending USD 10 was to do it without root...

You payed for the app because it worked well at the time you were paying. Thank you for supporting us.
We always try our best to help users. But you must know, Google added new limits in Android 9 to disable the call recording feature. The new limits are so strict that it's impossible to bypass them without root unfortunately. Root is the only way to go.

108 (edited by njdude2012 2019-02-08 11:53:58)

Hello Boldbeast team,

Thanks for your investigation. Unfortunately, after being forced to update to Android 9, I lost my call recording feature. I absolutely need this feature because I travel all the time. Rooting is not an option for me because I would lose the warranty. Plus, I have accidentally bricked a phone in the past. I saw that you have posted that call recording works in Android 9 in some countries.

I am curious about two things:

1) Do you know in which countries (or the phone model) call recording works well--it doesn't have to be exhaustive list, just what you know from your analysis? Essentially, I am looking for two things a) country name b) model #.

2) If I buy a phone from another country in the list above and use it in the US, will call recording work? Any idea?

I thought of asking you before making an investment in two things a) a $1K phone b) Boldbeast recorder.

Hope you understand my concern, and thanks for any help.

Regards

I receive emails from users everyday. A few users told me which countries they were in, but most users didn't do so. I know following information on Android 9:

Galaxy S9 SM-G960F, SM-G965F, no root needed in Italy.
Nokia 8 TA-1004, no root needed in Italy.
Google Pixel 3, no root needed in China mainland
Huawei Mate 20, no root needed in Italy.

Manufacturers usually enable/disable the call recording feature by the sales market area. So if you roam to another market area the feature remains unchanged.

Update 1
=======
- A user said Google Pixel 3 in USA doesn't need root, however another user told me it actually needs root. More feedback are needed.
- A user said Galaxy S9 in Netherlands doesn't need root, however another user said it actually needs root. More feedback are needed.

Update 2
=======
Users told me Galaxy Note9 Android 9 doesn't need root in Italy, Taiwan, Israel.

Update 3
=======
From this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy … s-t3776628 the author said he found "Samsung sets country code to use from the mcc/mnc of the sim card inserted." That means the call recording feature of some Samsung phones is related to the SIM card.

Thank you, Boldbeast. I really appreciate it.

What's really irritating about Google is that their own phone (Pixel 3) supports call recording in the US, and they have blocked other phones. Do you know whether call recording works on Samsung Note 9 (non-US version)? I have both Note 9 (US) and S9 (US), and it got blocked after ATT forced upgrade.

Thanks again for your help.

hi I have problem with this software my voice is very loud but caller is very quiet. I installed another software CALL RECORDER from skvalex. in this  software everything is alright. I clearly hear me and my caller.

So you can definitely improve this software to make it work again.

My phone is samsung SM-G960F Exynos Android 9 and I do not have any root.

njdude2012 wrote:

What's really irritating about Google is that their own phone (Pixel 3) supports call recording in the US, and they have blocked other phones. Do you know whether call recording works on Samsung Note 9 (non-US version)? I have both Note 9 (US) and S9 (US), and it got blocked after ATT forced upgrade.

Sorry, later a user told me actually Pixel 3 in USA needs root.
So far I have no information on Samsung Note 9.  [EDIT] Please see the post #109 above, I have just updated it.

rrouterr wrote:

hi I have problem with this software my voice is very loud but caller is very quiet. I installed another software CALL RECORDER from skvalex. in this  software everything is alright. I clearly hear me and my caller. My phone is samsung SM-G960F Exynos Android 9 and I do not have any root.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Just tried Call Recorder from Skvalex, it doesn't work on a non rooted Galasy S9 (caller voice too low).

raducanmihai wrote:

Just tried Call Recorder from Skvalex, it doesn't work on a non rooted Galasy S9 (caller voice too low).

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I  hope in the not long future someone find a small hole and we can recording calls

boldbeast wrote:
rrouterr wrote:

hi I have problem with this software my voice is very loud but caller is very quiet.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Greetings from Finland. It's same here.

Hi Im from netherlands with a galaxy s9+ and it doesnt work here either

najj wrote:

Really? Thanks for the info. I have updated the #109 post above according to your info.

120 (edited by xantiqu 2019-02-16 12:35:34)

Hi I must say boldbeast recording but very quietly, my voice is laud but my conversation m8 is quietly
Android 9 pie I use mode 11 in options app. I'm not use speaker just normal call

This app has been working beautifully on My Galaxy S9 in the UK.
My phone did a major update a few days ago and now the other caller is very quiet.
I've tried other settings but no improvement.

My phone is Android 9

Any ideas for improvement?
Thank you.

Yes. The only way I can record is if I put my phone on speaker during a call otherwise you can't hear the other one on the phone.

boldbeast wrote:
najj wrote:

Really? Thanks for the info. I have updated the #109 post above according to your info.

Hello
I too can get a recording to work for the Android 9 on my galaxy s9 unlocked version (u1) by using the speaker phone.

I would like to point out and it may have been said earlier that for the S9/S9+ (from all the reading I have done to learn how) there is not currently a way to root the US snapdragon variants of this Galaxy phone. I would give up Samsung pay to have the ease of use of recording.
I will just use the speakerphone option for now. Does the speaker phone option work if I mute my end of the call? I have to test.
Maybe have to learn if I can revert back to Android 8.
Thanks for the great App. I dont want to have to use Tape a call again like I did on the Iphone.  It worked but it was a large reason to come back to Android. Oh well.
Thanks again.

Can you confirm?
Is there some sort of update that can fix this?

125 (edited by bwexplorer@hotmail.com 2019-02-20 15:40:39)

Hello,
on my S9+ with Android 9.0 works great, just a couple of things:

1) The volume of the remote voice is a bit low, how can I increment it?
2) When I plug my wired earphones, I cannot record the remote voice, is there a fix?

Thanks,
Michele