No root needed, Boldbeast Call Recorder records calls well on following Galaxy S5 phones:
- SM-G900A
- SM-G900F
- SM-G900T
- SM-G9008W
- SM-G9009W
- SM-G900FD
- SM-G900H
- SM-G900I
- SM-G900M
- SM-G900P
- SM-G900V
- SM-G900W8
- SM-G906S

Galaxy S5 Android 4.4
Please use these settings to record calls for Android 4.4:
- Record Mode: 4
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No
- Tune Audio Route: No

Galaxy S5 Android 5.0
Please use these settings to record calls for Android 5.0:
- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Record Format: WAV
- Tune Samsung1: No
- Tune Samsung2: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

Galaxy S5 Android 6.0
Please use these settings to record calls for Android 6.0:
- Record Mode: 1 or 5

No root needed, it records calls perfectly in two sides.

Updated 2016-05-27
================
Some Galaxy S5 Android 6.0 need change following options also:

- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 3 -----------> change to 100
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 15
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

I have an SM-G900W8 (Telus, Canada). I tried all the non-rooted configurations of the recording options and I did not find one that did better than mode 4 with Tune Samsung 1, Tune Samsung 2, and Tune Samsung 3 turned on. However, this combination gives me clear voice from the cell phone but weak and distorted sound on the caller side. Other than rooting (not an option because this is a brand new phone and I need the warranty), is there a solution to this problem?

Benoît Gauthier
Québec, Canada

Please use following settings for your Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8  (Telus, Canada):

- Tune Samsung 1: Yes
- Tune Samsung 2: Yes
- Tune Samsung 3: Group 1, if needed please test Group 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Thank you for this reply. I have ensured that these are set as stated but I still get strong voice from the receiving cell phone and weak tunnel-like voice from the caller phone. That description is true for Groups 1, 2, 4, and 6. With Group 3, I get great caller voice but no sound from the receiving cell at all. With Group 5, I get nothing from either side.

What can I try next?

Benoît Gauthier

Please test following settings again for your Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8:

- Record Format: WAV
- Tune Audio Route: Test Group1, Group2, Group3 one by one

If it still doesn't work for your phone, I believe no recorder works. In this case I'm afraid you should consider rooting the phone, then you'll find many more powerful options available in the app that can fix the problem.

If you have rooted your Galaxy S5 phone, please use following settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Change Audio Controls: Yes
- Change Audio Driver: No
- Start Input Stream: test No and Yes

Galaxy S5 SM-G900A:  Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900A
Galaxy S5 SM-G900F:  Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD: Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD
Galaxy S5 SM-G900H:  Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900H
Galaxy S5 SM-G900I:  Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900I
Galaxy S5 SM-G900P:  Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900P
Galaxy S5 SM-G900T:  Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
Galaxy S5 SM-G900V:  Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900V
Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8: Call Recorder for Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8

CM13: CM13 Call Recorder

Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus: Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder
Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge: Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Call Recorder
Galaxy S5: Galaxy S5 Call Recorder

Galaxy Note10: Galaxy Note10 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note7: Galaxy Note7 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note5: Galaxy Note5 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note4: Galaxy Note4 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy A7: Galaxy A7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

I have an SM-G900M (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).   I tried all the non-rooted configurations of the recording options, but all combination gives me clear voice from the cell phone but weak and distorted sound on the caller side.  Is there a solution to this problem?

luccpmg wrote:

I have an SM-G900M (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).   I tried all the non-rooted configurations of the recording options, but all combination gives me clear voice from the cell phone but weak and distorted sound on the caller side.  Is there a solution to this problem?

Please check this:
http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … voice.html

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone model SM-N920V and I cannot get the Bold Beast Recorder to work.

1. Will the Bold Beast Recorder work with my phone?

2. If so, what steps do I need to take in order to change the settings?

Thanks
Sddutch

1. Android allows only one recorder to record a call, so at first, to avoid conflicts please uninstall ALL other recorders in your phone.

2. Don't revoke permissions needed by the app to work normally.

3. If you "Force Stop" an app in the built-in "Settings > Apps" screen, this tells Android that "I don't want the app to run", thereafter Android will no longer run the app until you manually open the app to run it again. For this reason if you "Force Stop" Boldbeast Recorder, thereafter Android will not notify the app when a phone call comes, so all calls will no longer be recorded. Please don't "Force Stop" the app.

4. Some third-party apps are very powerful that can prevent the app working, such as XXX Greenify, XXX App Manager, XXX Task Manager, XXX Anti-virus, XXX Power Optimizer, XXX Privacy Guard, XXX Clean Master etc, don't allow them block Boldbeast Recorder doing it's job.

5. Use suggested settings in the post #1 above to record calls, it works great.

13 (edited by sddutch 2016-11-15 05:23:18)

How do I get to the screen that allows me to change the settings to the ones suggested in post #1 above?
This is all new to me and you have probably guessed by now that I am not very familiar with the features of my phone. The good thing is that I can learn.

Also, the Bold Beast app works on my phone when I want to record an audio memo, it just doesn't work when I want to record an active phone call.

Please:
- update Boldbeast Recorder to the latest version (currently V9.0).
- open the app.
- some phones have a physical Menu key, click the Menu key to open the "Settings" screen in the app.
- some phones don't have a physical Menu key, in this case click the icon on the top-right to open the "Settings" screen in the app.
- click "Set Default Settings" item, it works at once.

Thanks for your help. The software works on my GalaxyNote5.

I have another question about the storage location of the audio files. How do I find the location of the audio files so I can manage the memory space on my phone?

Thanks.

You can see the folder name in which your recorded files are saved by checking the option "Settings > App Settings > Clip Saving Folder" in the app.

If you have a removable SD card you'll see also the option "Settings > App Settings > Clip Saving Drive", otherwise the option is invisible. From the option you know the internal or the external SD card is used.

You can change the SD card, and/or change the folder.

17 (edited by Wasserty 2017-04-19 03:04:03)

You can try rooting Galaxy s5. maybe you can get more what you want , like the AnyRooter is nice
But before you root your phone , you need to sync your phone data to other device ,

Hi Boldbeast,

Bluetooth headset calls do not record in either direction and memos spoken through Bluetooth headset do not record. 

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V (US Verizon) -----  Android 6.0.1

Are there specific settings needed for Bluetooth recording with this device / OS?

Currently using default settings, which appear to be recommended settings for this device / OS from what I read in this sticky.

Thank you!!

If bluetooth recording is not good this indicates there is a bug in your ROM, no matter what recorder in the market you are using the problem will be always there. In this case you should root the phone, then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it.