Huawei Honor 7 phone includes variants PLK-CL00, PLK-UL00, PLK-AL10, PLK-L01, PLK-TL00, PLK-TL01H etc.

Android 5.0.2 please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: test 6 and 4
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

No root needed, it records calls perfectly in two sides.

Android 6.0 please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: test 5 and 1
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

No root needed, it records calls perfectly in two sides.

Update
======
Please also set following settings (see the [004] part for the reason in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … ing.html):

- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 4 ---------------> change to 100
- Call Settings - Incoming Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Answered State: Yes
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 4 ---------------> change to 15
- Call Settings - Outgoing Calls - Restart Recording Upon Answered: Yes

Huawei Ascend/Honor: Huawei Ascend/Honor Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 10: Huawei Mate 10 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 9: Huawei Mate 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 8: Huawei Mate 8 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate S: Huawei Mate S Call Recorder
Huawei P20: Huawei P20 Call Recorder
Huawei P10: Huawei P10 Call Recorder
Huawei P9: Huawei P9 Call Recorder
Huawei P8: Huawei P8 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 10 View: Huawei Honor 10 View Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 9: Huawei Honor 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 8: Huawei Honor 8 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 7: Huawei Honor 7 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 6: Huawei Honor 6 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 5X: Huawei Honor 5X Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 4X: Huawei Honor 4X Call Recorder
Huawei Note 8: Huawei Note 8 Call Recorder
Huawei G8/G7: Huawei G8 / G7 Call Recorder
Huawei Nova: Huawei Nova Call Recorder

3 (edited by abel 2015-09-26 17:26:51)

Hi, I have a Honor 7 PLK-L01 for Europe.

With record mode 4 and amr, works fine in manual mode, but not in automatic mode. Very poor sound of the caller.

Thank you very much...

EDIT: It seems to work now by unchecking the "Auto Detect Answered State" option in the app and set the delay to 15 secconds.

One more time, Thank you for this great Call Recorder! The best ever tried .

Thanks for sharing this information with us, glad to know it works well without root.

Hello, first thank you very much for this great piece of software Boldbeast!

I have the european version of the honor 7 and the fact that they disabled the function
to record calls brought me nearly to the point where i thought about buying a chinese one :D .
But then i found your app and it worked even without root oO...awesome.

The settings which work for me (In manual mode) are:

Record mode 6
Tune audio effect ON
Tune audio group 3
And record format AMR 

Maybe this helps others :)

T4los wrote:

Hello, first thank you very much for this great piece of software Boldbeast!

I have the european version of the honor 7 and the fact that they disabled the function
to record calls brought me nearly to the point where i thought about buying a chinese one :D .
But then i found your app and it worked even without root oO...awesome.

The settings which work for me (In manual mode) are:

Record mode 6
Tune audio effect ON
Tune audio group 3
And record format AMR 

Maybe this helps others :)

Thanks for sharing, it's surely useful to other Huawei Honor 7 users.

I updated my Honor 7 to marshmallow Android 6.0. Its PLK-UL00675B330. I am unable to configure boldbeast now. On lollipop it worked amazing but on marshmallow the settings are not working. I finally had it recording by setting it to Mode 1, with Tune Audio Route disabled and WAV recording format but the volume is too low.

Please suggest me the correct settings as call recording is absolutely crucial for me. Thank you!

Please try to use following settings:

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Route: Test Group1, Group2, Group3

Does it work for your Honor 7 PLK-UL00 Android 6.0?

boldbeast wrote:

Please try to use following settings:

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Route: Test Group1, Group2, Group3

Does it work for your Honor 7 PLK-UL00 Android 6.0?

Hi admin, I tested the settings. I need to disable Tune audio route also to get it to work but the volume is very low.

If you enable "Tune Audio Route", what happened?

I updated my Honor 7 to marshmallow Android 6.0. Its PLK-UL00675B330

I have used:

- Record Mode: 1 (Mode 5 does not work, sound of other party is low and distorted)
- Tune Audio Route: Test Group2 (Rest of the groups do not work, either sound from other party does not get recorded or low in volume)
- Recording format: Wav (AMR also works)

Call is getting recorded, but other party in call hears an echo of their own sound in the beginning all the time as well as in between during call occasionally.

What could be done now?

Thanks.

"other party in call hears an echo of their own sound", are you sure this is related to call recording?

13 (edited by manjitmohan 2016-03-06 17:56:18)

Yes i have tried different mobiles, different network operators and at different places. Other party hears echo of his own sound in the beginning when he says hello. After that echo disappears immediately.

On my side everything is fine and other party's sound is clear without echo in my mobile.

Don't know what's the reason of "during the call I have no problem but the caller hear a echo at the beginning". Sorry.

Ok. No problem.

So why not you test the software with different settings and let everyone know those optimal settings for Honor 7 with Android 6.0 or for any other device instead of asking users to do trial and error ?

Hope this apk in google play store is not Alpha or Beta version to do testing. Is it fair to make people test the software by themselves and pay for the same ??!

Thanks.

Hope this apk in google play store is not Alpha or Beta version to do testing.
=> No, it's not.
=> We release the app after testing, it works always very well.

Android 6.0 or for any other device instead of asking users to do trial and error ?
=> Some phones have recording problems, Boldbeast Recorder is far more powerful than other recorders at fixing recording problems. There are more than 10000 android phone models in the market so far, we must ask users to test if an option in the app can fix recording problems in his phone or not.

"Is it fair to make people test the software by themselves and pay for the same ?"
=> If we buy 10000 phones (a big money) and test the app ourselves, users need to pay much more fees to buy the app, it's obvious the market doesn't accept it. So I think it's fair and reasonable in current mode - users pay less fees or pay nothing but need to help testing.

Very true.
Its practically not possible to test all types of mobiles with different OS.

But i am talking about only those models mentioned by Boldbeast in google play store website. I am sure at least those models mentioned could be tested to get optimal settings and conveyed to people who download it.

I have downloaded it only because model of my mobile is specifically mentioned in google play store and i thought testing has already been done for the same.

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed call recording for Android is very complicated.

For example in Google Play if I said "Galaxy S4 works well without root", but actually
- some Galaxy S4 variants may not work well.
- the same variant in a country works well but in another country doesn't work.
- the same variant in the same country Android 4.3 works well but Android 4.4 doesn't work.
- the same variant in the same country with the same Android 4.4 version, the stock ROM works well but the CM ROM doesn't work.
- there are more than 10 variants of Galaxy S4 in the market.

The description of the app in Google Play can't be too long, so it's hard to describe everything comprehensively. We try our best to describe it as accurately as we can.

Dear Admin,

The latest update works perfect. Call volume has been enhanced and previous problems of low volume on other side are completely solved. However, I tweaked audio settings a bit. Here are the new settings.

Record Mode 5
Tune Audio effect: No
Tune Audio route: Group 1

The upload to cloud feature is awesome. Thank you so much for your hard work. I really appreciate it!

shiva.kakkar11 wrote:

I tweaked audio settings a bit. Here are the new settings.

Record Mode 5
Tune Audio effect: No
Tune Audio route: Group 1

Thanks for sharing the information, it's surely useful to other Huawei Honor 7 users.

hi Shiva.kakkar11, can you please let us know if your version is PLK-L01? thanks in advance.

i am not able to record calls only my voice is getting recorder on PLK-UL00 android 6.0

clock.tower800 wrote:

i am not able to record calls only my voice is getting recorder on PLK-UL00 android 6.0

i am not able to record calls ======> Please uninstall all other recorders in your phone.
only my voice is getting recorded ==> Check if your phone meets this problem: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … voice.html

hi admin,
I am using PLK-L01 and tried your setings. it works for record mode 5 with tune audio route to 3. The probelm in this is the opther party volume is very very low. how can I get the normal voice of the other party?
thanks again

Boldbeast Recorder records calls loudly and clearly in two sides.

However from users feedback, if your ROM is the old version (EMUI 4.0) it works well, if your ROM is the latest version (EMUI 4.1) the app can only record your voice, the caller's voice can't be recorded.

I checked the new ROM, Huawei changed something inside. At this moment we are dealing with it.