Hello
please advice how to set up Boldbeast to record calls on Huawei P20 Pro, thank you!

Android 8
=======
Huawei P20, P20 Pro, P20 Lite please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group3

No root needed, recorded calls are loud and clear in both sides.

Android 9
=======
Android 9 Pie please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 14
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1

Android 10
=======
https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic20 … rding.html

Update
======
From users' feedback, the new info:
- Android 8
  All Huawei P20, P20 Pro, P20 Lite in all countries work great, no root needed.
- Android 9
  In a few countries (like Italy, Germany, Russian) Huawei P20, P20 Pro, P20 Lite work great, no root needed. However in most countries the call recording feature is disabled by Huawei, so you can only record your own voice, the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder in the market you are using the result is exactly the same. In this case you should root the phone, then this app can fix the problem. Without root there is no solution for sure in the whole world.

Huawei P30: Huawei P30 Call Recorder
Huawei P20: Huawei P20 Call Recorder
Huawei P10: Huawei P10 Call Recorder
Huawei P9: Huawei P9 Call Recorder
Huawei P8: Huawei P8 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 20: Huawei Mate 20 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 10: Huawei Mate 10 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 9: Huawei Mate 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 8: Huawei Mate 8 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 10 View: Huawei Honor 10 View Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 9: Huawei Honor 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 8: Huawei Honor 8 Call Recorder

the option to change indicator text is missing under App settings.
=> From Android 7.0 up the system forces to display the app name in notifications, as a result changing indicator text is useless, so for Android 7.0 and newer versions the app no longer displays the settings.

auto-record function is not working
=> This is because you are using Battery Optimization blocking the app working, please see [002] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

we are unable to hide red button during call.
=> Please disable the "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Button In Call" option to hide it.

Please setting for huawei honor 6x

Yassooangel wrote:

Please setting for huawei honor 6x

Please update Boldbeast Recorder to the latest version (currently V11.4), click "Set Default Settings" in the app - these are suggested settings.

7 (edited by jess 2018-07-23 08:22:47)

Please setting for Huawei p smart.????
I have test demo version and work OK, after upgrade to pro version the app stop rec in auto mode.
Thanks

jess wrote:

Please setting for Huawei p smart.????
I have test demo version and work OK, after upgrade to pro version the app stop rec in auto mode.
Thanks

Please click "Set Default Settings" in the app - these are suggested settings.

You said "the app stop rec in auto mode." Most possibly you are using Battery Optimization limiting the app working, or you are using "System Cleaner" or something similar killing the app. Please don't do so. See [002] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

Der Team, Id did purchased your app for my HUAWEI p20 Pro. It works fine, thanks. But I do have question: I do prefer wave files, because I am filmmaker and sometimes I do need the recording vices in my films. Which settings have I take?

sonjatoepfer wrote:

I do prefer wave files

Please click the "Call Settings > Record Format" option in the app, select WAV.

boldbeast wrote:

Huawei P20, P20 Pro, P20 Lite please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group3

Did so, but only outgoing calls are recorded?  What's wrong?

Checking IMEI, it's got two.  Does that give any problems?

=> You are using Battery Optimization limit the recorder working. Please see [002] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

=> No matter 1 IMEI or 2 IMEIs it works the same.

boldbeast wrote:

=> You are using Battery Optimization limit the recorder working. Please see [002] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

=> No matter 1 IMEI or 2 IMEIs it works the same.

I've seen this before, and was sure it was something else.
I feel a bit stupid, there is an option to turn automatic recording on, stupidly on default OFF.
Can't imagine that the majority of users want this off? so please let this be on by default.

Glad to know you have found the reason and fixed it.
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll change the app in the next version accordingly.

Call Recording stopped working after Android 9 update.

Last night my Huawei P20 Pro updated to Android 9 (EMUI 9) and now Boldbeast only records my voice and not the person on the other side of the call.

I've tried above settings in Post 2, under Android 9 but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestion how to fix this? I understand some people managed to get this working.

So you should root the phone to fix the problem.

Hi, I am using P20Pro with Android 8.1, for incoming call, it cannot record the call with no caller id showing. can we fix it?

roederer wrote:

Hi, I am using P20Pro with Android 8.1, for incoming call, it cannot record the call with no caller id showing. can we fix it?

Two possible reasons:
1. You set the app to "record calls only when the telephone number is in the Include List". Please add 00000000 as the telephone number into the Include List to fix the problem. Boldbeast uses 00000000 as the telephone number when it is empty.
2. The app was killed by the system. Recent Huawei phones kill apps aggressively. You should "lock" the recorder to avoid it being killed. Please see [002] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

Здравствуйте!
У меня  Huawei P20 PRO Андройд 9, использую   Boldbeast Call Recorder в тестовом режиме.Сложилась интересная проблема:
1.В настройках вкл. всё как Вы советуете для Андройд 9.
2.При входящих и исходящих звонках запись разговоров слышны с обоих сторон,но как то тихо.
3.При разговорах по BLUETOOTH Plantronics Voyager Legend,мой голос слышен на максимальной громкости,но голоса собеседника почти не слышно.
Подскажите как решить эту проблему?
Спасибо.

Obviously there is a bug inside the ROM related to bluetooth, and that made the problem. No matter what recorder you are using, the bluetooth problem will always be there. You can test and confirm the fact yourself. Only Huawei can fix it in future ROM updates.