hp_guy03 wrote:

since this in the sticky,

can we have info on how to enable it on Note 8.
so far no luck

never mind, found the solution, to get the software off google play, as the one there shows V11.9

then internally purchase the software

27 (edited by da2311436 2019-04-02 07:58:41)

25 April 19 - automatically updated my note8 to what is described as an abomination (PIE) bold beast now doesn't record the other party whatever only my voice, any ideas?
I also tried other call recorders too and they do the same thing.
Also, I can't find BOLDBEAST on google play anymore, why?
PLEASE HELP!

A moment ago we were updating the app in Google Play, so it was unavailable temporarily.
Now it has been updated to V12.3, and it is available again.

About Android Pie, you should root the phone to fix the recording problem.
Android 9 Pie call recording: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic17 … rding.html

I have a note 8 and just updated to android 9.

Before the update, I had no issues. After the update, my voice is very very quiet while the person on the other end is clear and loud. How can I raise the volume on my end?

You should root the phone to fix it.

Hello... I have a Note 8 running custom ROM (Pie) and rooted with Magisk.

First of all allow me to thank the developers for doing such a professional job. Followed the instructions and it worked perfectly as soon as I installed the Magisk module without any further tweaking. (I only changed the sampling rate for better audio quality). I liked it so much I purchased PRO immediately.

I only have a small issue: On the Call List all calls are displayed as "Unknown". No name/number shown.
I checked app permissions and all permissions are granted including contacts. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Many thanks again for the amazing job...

AdrianK wrote:

I only have a small issue: On the Call List all calls are displayed as "Unknown".

About the telephone number and contact name problem please see [007] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know more details.

boldbeast wrote:

About the telephone number and contact name problem please see [007] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know more details.

Thanks. I don't know how I missed that. Problem solved. Many thanks.

boldbeast wrote:

Sorry to bother again but I now that Filename problem is solved after installing the version from your website, it stopped recording other side. I can only hear my voice.

This is what I have done:

-Unistalled previous version completely including magisk module by using your uninstall module from Magisk Manager.
-Unintalled google version and manually deleted leftover directories.
-Rebooted.

-Installed 12.4 from the website. Restored PRO license.
-Enabled root options.
-Installed again magisk module.
-Rebooted.

Now I can only hear my voice. Other side is completely mute. Any recommendations please?
Thank you

After rooted the phone and installed the CallRecordingFix module by Magisk Manager, please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes

Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

boldbeast wrote:

After rooted the phone and installed the CallRecordingFix module by Magisk Manager, please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes

Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

I have 2 screenshots of my current settings but unfortunately cannot upload... the strange thing is that it used to work fine with this settings until I installed the version from the website. As i said the filaname issue 007 was fixed but now I can only record my side of the conversation

My settings match you recommendations 100%

So the CallRecordingFix module doesn't work in your phone.
Most possibly you are using the "Magisk Core Only Mode" in Magisk. Please don't use that mode, then it works at once.

boldbeast wrote:

So the CallRecordingFix module doesn't work in your phone.
Most possibly you are using the "Magisk Core Only Mode" in Magisk. Please don't use that mode, then it works at once.

OK apparently we got lost somewhere in the way:

When I installed the Google Play version it worked perfectly. I even purchased PRO. There was only the "Unkown" filename issue.

Than I followed your instructions to fix it and downloaded 12.4 from your website. I reflashed the magisk module from the newer version.
Now I only get my side of the conversation recorded. The other side is mute.
I have the settings you recommend and in Magisk "core mode" is off.

I don't understand why 12.3 from Google play worked and 12.4 from here doesn't...

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

boldbeast wrote:

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

I just sent it as per your request plus a few screenshots. Many thanks.

I checked your files. The CallRecordingFix module was not installed correctly.

Please
- use Magisk Manager to install CallRecordingFix again.
- at the end of the installing, on the screen click "Save Log", Magisk Manager will save its log file to the /sdcard/Download folder.
- send to me the log file you just saved, let me check why the module was not installed correctly.

Thanks.

UPDATE
You are using Magisk V18121 that has bugs inside.
Please use Magisk V18100 or the latest version of Magisk (currently V19100), then it works.

42 (edited by sr8946 2019-05-02 22:42:59)

Samsung Galaxy Note8. Android 9.0. SEPF-SM-N9500-9-0001.
Скачайте с сайта Boldbeast APK. файл (Скачать последнюю версию V12.4, поддержка Android 4.1 up.) и запустите на телефоне
его. Все ваши файлы будут сохранены. и будет запись
по именам, номерам, и т.д. В разделе настройка вызова-исправление
проблем с записью, поставте галочки на первом и четвёртом обзаце.
Лишние галочки ухудшают запись!
Настройка ауди маршрута, Группа 3. Можно изменить частоту дискретизации для небольшово улутшения качества звука, пробуйте. И БУДЕТВАМ СЧАСТЬЕ!

boldbeast wrote:

UPDATE
You are using Magisk V18121 that has bugs inside.
Please use Magisk V18100 or the latest version of Magisk (currently V19100), then it works.

Updated Magisk to the latest stable version and problem fixed. The best call recorder hands down. Thanks

I had BB working great for a long time. Even on pie it was working. I am not rooted. Then I wiped my phone to start over from factory and BB will not record the other end. Or if it does it is very faint. What did I do wrong. Even Bluetooth is not working.  I miss this app.

Most possibly you updated the ROM to a new version, and the call recording feature is disabled in the new ROM.
I'm afraid you should root the phone to fix it.

NOTE8 DOES NOT RECORD OTHER PARTY!

Samsung Note8 sm-n950F
Andriod 9
SEPF_SM-n950F_9_0002

BOLD BEAST PRO 12.2

After updating to the latest version in April, all voice recorder software has stopped recording the other party and after spending a day changing settings and googling everything, no matter what setting I use it only records my voice NOT the other party. I use this for business for quoting and dispute resolution etc. Im not interested in rooting my phone as it has too many banking and Point Of Sale apps etc that rely on google, plus it's on a swap update plan. So I need my PRO version to work - PLEASE HELP?
There must be someone out there that has found a fix or workaround or additional app to assist?

You should root the phone to fix the problem.
Android 9 Pie call recording: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic17 … rding.html

Problem recording using headphones.

I'm using Galaxy Note8 and Boldbeast recording excellent on both sides and also when using on speakers however,
When I'm using my plugged in earphones the other side sound extremely low compare to my voice (Phone user), i used other Audacity to normalize the audio (had to edit the results).

I tried all the settings, tested on different headphones/earphones and all the same results, low voice sounds from the other side.

Do you think you will be able and look into this problem? or maybe if possible to add another feature with Auto-Normalize audio when call is completed?

Thank you!

There is a bug in the ROM of your phone related to headset recording. No matter what recorder on the market you are using the problem is always there.

If you don't root the phone, you have to wait for the manufacturer to fix it in future ROM updates.
If you root the phone, and your phone has a Qulcomm chipset inside, Boldbeast Recorder can fix it at once. Please enable the "Change Audio Control" option in the app, then you'll record calls perfectly in two directions via headset. The option is visible only after you root the phone. If you root the phone, and your phone has a chipset other than Qulcomm inside, you still have no solution on the whole market unfortunately.

Thanks for the normalize suggestion, we'll consider it.