Hi,

I have S9+ (SM-G965F) and did the mistake of upgrading to Androig 9.0 :(( Now I can't use my Boldbeast Recorder properly anymore.

I have read your post: "From users' feedback, Galaxy S9 having Snapdragon 845 chipset inside can be fixed after root, however S9 having the Exynos 9810 chipset inside still can't be fixed even after root. At this moment we are dealing with it."

Unfortunately I have Exynos 9810 chipset, so I will not root the phone.

"Google added new limits in Android 9 to disable the call recording feature. The new limits are so strict that it's impossible to bypass them without root unfortunately. Root is the only way to go."

Do you have any solution for me? I understand that you face a serious problem... honestly, do you think you can somehow overcome this issue in the near term?

I really need to use call recordings on my phone, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Thomas

We'll release a new version soon. It can fix the call recording problem for all Android 9 phones with root.
If you have rooted your phone and want to test the new version, please write to me service@boldbeast.com.

Update
We have released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V12.0, now it can fix call recording issues for all phones in theory if you root the phone. https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic17 … rding.html

128 (edited by surajbatra 2019-03-01 11:55:17)

i am using Samsung S9 device and since last Android update unable to listen callers voice... please advice....

surajbatra wrote:

i am using Samsung S9 device and since last Android update unable to listen callers voice... please advice....

Hi
same situation here, my voice is recorded perfectly , but other party voice is very quiet, u can almost not hear it
I have read u have released V12 but i have uninstall and install app again but it still says it is 11.9

Can u give us CORRECT step by step solution to fix this ?

my voice is recorded perfectly , but other party voice is very quiet, u can almost not hear it
=> You should root the phone to fix it.

I have read u have released V12 but i have uninstall and install app again but it still says it is 11.9
=> You have not installed it correctly. Please install it again.

Does anybody know the solution to the problems recording calls
I have a galaxy S9 plus.
When recording I can clearly hear my own voice but the callers voice is so weak that it is impossible to hear what is said.
I have downloaded latest version of Boldbeast and followed all instructions - but  callers voice remain weak.
Please help to fix the problem as not much point having a recorder that can't record.
Thank you from Denmark

i am using Samsung S9 + device and since last Android update unable to listen callers voice... please advice....

133 (edited by compdoc63 2019-03-23 20:51:10)

Just got Galaxy S9, transferred license.  Noticed it wasn't recording other person's voice.  Thought maybe it was just on my bluetooth, as I had that issue with the S7 and resolved it.  So I also tried without bluetooth, same behavior, whether phone speaker is on or off.  I am V12.2 , Android version 9 baseband G960USQU3CSAB.  I have submitted the  Ask new Paremeter procedure. I do not want to root my phone, I have tried every setting combination.  Please help.

Thank you.

UPDATE:  I just ran another system update, now if I turn the speaker on, the other person voice is recorded perfectly.  But still can't hear with speaker off, or using bluetooth. Still need help.

You should root the phone to fix the problem.

may-britt wrote:

Does anybody know the solution to the problems recording calls
I have a galaxy S9 plus.
When recording I can clearly hear my own voice but the callers voice is so weak that it is impossible to hear what is said.
I have downloaded latest version of Boldbeast and followed all instructions - but  callers voice remain weak.
Please help to fix the problem as not much point having a recorder that can't record.
Thank you from Denmark

You should root your phone, after that install BoldBeast version 12.1 and you will have oportunity to record phone calls.
If you are not expirienced in phone rooting, ask someone nearby or some service who knows how to do it, to do it. The root is a must, without it there is no chance to record calls.

srdjan.gligoric.skale wrote:

You should root your phone, after that install BoldBeast version 12.1 and you will have oportunity to record phone calls.
If you are not expirienced in phone rooting, ask someone nearby or some service who knows how to do it, to do it. The root is a must, without it there is no chance to record calls.

i have s9+..
when i manualy record  everything is ok ...

i tried to root my phone but it back to normal ...

Running Vers 12.3GP on Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F with Android 9.0 (Oreo) and Exynos9810 Oct. I have tried the default settings and the recording of the other party is barely audible. Very frustrating. I run the Pro Boldbeast version.

boldbeast wrote:

Galaxy S9 is the Samsung 2018 flagship, it has not been publicly released yet at this moment, but you have already had one in hand, cool!

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

I too own a Samsung S9 Plus device and I face the same issue but I am unable to resolve the problem..

My voice is loud and clear but the other party's voice is soft and not audible.

Would highly appreciate your assistance and kindness to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

raremail2015 wrote:
boldbeast wrote:

Galaxy S9 is the Samsung 2018 flagship, it has not been publicly released yet at this moment, but you have already had one in hand, cool!

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

I too own a Samsung S9 Plus device and I face the same issue but I am unable to resolve the problem..

My voice is loud and clear but the other party's voice is soft and not audible.

Would highly appreciate your assistance and kindness to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

I don't want to root my phone and trip the Knox, this void my warranty

Samsung devices are unreliable and I just had my mother board replaced.

Tripping the Knox and voiding the warranty seems like a bad idea.

I hope there is a patch or fix the call recording on Boldbeast without rooting the phone

In some countries it works good, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go.
In some countries it works bad, you should root the phone then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it. Without root there is no solution in the whole world unfortunately.

141 (edited by toozi 2019-05-07 16:13:59)

Hi, I have Galaxy s9 exynos version(Android 8). Boldbeast recorder works fine. I can record both partyes well.
The broblem is that Boldbeast recorder seems to boost the call volume up quite a bit. Even at the minimum volume level the volume in calls is most cases unpleasant high. What can be done?  Recording modes? I am using  mode 1. The only way to get the original volume levels back is to restore factory settings to the phone and not installing Boldbeast recorder.

Please disable following settings:

Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung1
Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Tune Samsung2

How about it?

143 (edited by burchis 2019-07-16 16:34:27)

I recently purchased Galaxy S9 phone which comes with Android 8 (Oreo).  Boldbeast call recorder worked great and I was happy with my new phone.  Within the first week my phone auto updated to Android 9 (Pie) and I began to experience same problem everyone is having, soft volume from other caller.  I tried many settings and nothing worked so I consider rooting my phone.  After studying the steps to root I found out that my Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 on Verizon) can not be rooted because this particular phone can not unlock the boot loader.  Maybe my information is old and someone on this forum can advise.

If your phone can't be rooted, I'm afraid there is no solution to fix the call recording problem unfortunately.
I don't have the same phone myself, so I don't know the detail about rooting the phone. Hope someone else can help you.

If I am unable to root I will attempt to roll-back to Android 8 (Oreo).  My only concern is how would I stop the auto update?

boldbeast wrote:

If your phone can't be rooted, I'm afraid there is no solution to fix the call recording problem unfortunately.
I don't have the same phone myself, so I don't know the detail about rooting the phone. Hope someone else can help you.

Android phone recording has become a cat & mouse game.  Android OS blocks the feature and developers figure out how to work around.  Has this come to an end with Android winning the game, or are you looking for a new work around and some day have a fix?

burchis wrote:

Android phone recording has become a cat & mouse game.  Android OS blocks the feature and developers figure out how to work around.  Has this come to an end with Android winning the game, or are you looking for a new work around and some day have a fix?

Android wins the game. I checked the Android source code, there is no way to bypass the new limits added by Google without root.

I am on galaxy s9+ and since 3 days ago after a samsung update I get message saying that I am using free version of the software and cannot record more than 30 seconds. I bought a lifetime licence in 2018 so I dont understand why it says I am using free version.
Can you please help with this?

Tony

Please open the "About" screen in Boldbeast Recorder, click the Restore button to restore the license, then the app will become the pro version at once.

Only my voice is recorded, nothing from the other side, worked fine prior to Android update
Have done these steps:
- Confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V12.9 or a newer version.
- Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen.
- Tap "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder.

And tried the various options under Fix Recording Issues.