Huawei P8 phones like GRA-L09, GRA-CL00, GRA-UL00, GRA-UL10 etc don't need root, just install Boldbeast Recorder V8.0 or newer versions and go, it records calls very well in two directions.

Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 5
- Record Format: WAV
- File Sample Rate: test 8000, 16000 and 32000
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

Huawei P30: Huawei P30 Call Recorder
Huawei P20: Huawei P20 Call Recorder
Huawei P10: Huawei P10 Call Recorder
Huawei P9: Huawei P9 Call Recorder
Huawei P8: Huawei P8 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 20: Huawei Mate 20 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 10: Huawei Mate 10 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 9: Huawei Mate 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 8: Huawei Mate 8 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 10 View: Huawei Honor 10 View Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 9: Huawei Honor 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 8: Huawei Honor 8 Call Recorder

Im having Huawei p8 lite Android EMUI v4.0 ALE-L21 it only record my voice
And I followed the steps mentioned

Huawei P8 Lite works well, recorded calls are crystal clear in two sides, even the latest ROM doesn't need root. Please update Boldbeast to the latest version and test again.

And check if your phone has this problem: http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … voice.html

I am trying this software and at first it seemed to work very well. But, listening to my recordings I found out this is only for the first 20-40 seconds of a call. Both sides are very clear, but after this time the sound of the other side is going to very, very low (I suspect it is only picking up the sound of the loudspeaker).
I tried the settings in this thread and also the settings in the thread of the Huawei P9. Both fail in the same way.

My phone is updated to the latest firmware (Android 6.0) and not rooted. My modelnumber is GRA-L09.

What settings can I try to make good quality recordings?

You said "both sides are very clear, but after 20-40 seconds the sound of the other side is going to very low", other users don't have this problem.

I guess there is another app in your phone that changes the audio route after 20-40 seconds, and this makes the problem. Boldbeast itself doesn't do so, after starting recording Boldbeast just does "reading data stream - saving to file - reading data stream - saving to file" repeatedly.

Please check other apps, or check built-in settings in the phone (not in Boldbeast). If you can't find what app makes the problem, I suggest you reset the phone to factory settings to remove all apps, then the problem will disappear.

Thanks for trying helping out...

I deleted a lot of apps trying to solve the problem. What I discovered is that the sound quality is all right, until I take the phone off my ear (the screen lights up) and hold it to my ear again. It seems that triggers it, because after that the volume of the other party is going to very low.
Tested it many times and I'm pretty sure that it is. But I don't understand how. Maybe someone else with more technical skills can understand it?

espaanbroek wrote:

What I discovered is that the sound quality is all right, until I take the phone off my ear (the screen lights up) and hold it to my ear again. It seems that triggers it, because after that the volume of the other party is going to very low.

Very interesting. I believe you have found the real reason.

Mobile phones use a proximity sensor to detect the presence of a human ear, in order to reduce display battery consumption by turning off the LCD light and disable the touch screen to avoid inadvertent touches by the cheek. Obviously your ROM has a little bug inside, when it processes the proximity sensor event it changes the audio route incorrectly.

Please try to change built-in settings related to "proximity sensor", "touch sound", or something similar, maybe you can bypass the problem.

Just to let you know, I found out what was causing the problem with the dropped audio.
I had set OK Google to listen on every screen. Switching this off resolved the issue.

espaanbroek wrote:

Just to let you know, I found out what was causing the problem with the dropped audio.
I had set OK Google to listen on every screen. Switching this off resolved the issue.

Thank you for sharing this information, it's surely useful to other users who use the same phone.

Please tell me this feature will work if the Internet speed I have is not the best? Just when I'm working with a proxy it is not very fast. Therefore interested.

If you set Boldbeast to automatically back up recorded files to your cloud drive (Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) you need a good internet speed. Otherwise no need to have a high speed internet.

espaanbroek wrote:

I deleted a lot of apps trying to solve the problem. What I discovered is that the sound quality is all right, until I take the phone off my ear (the screen lights up) and hold it to my ear again. It seems that triggers it, because after that the volume of the other party is going to very low.

Hello! Same issue here with my P8 Lite unfortunately and don't know how to solve it. Removed a lot of other apps and everything seemed to work out fine eventually. But everytime I take the phone a bit away from my ear the taping of the other party's voice gets extremely low level. And does not even become louder holding the phone closer to the ear again. It's almost unhearable on the recording.

Found out that it was possible to control the proximity sensor in earlier Android versions, but this option has obviously been removed.

There's an app called "sensor disabler" but it requires "Xposed". And "Xposed" requires to be rooted. Actually I came across Boldbeast exactly because it does not need no root. So here we go again. ;)

Apart from that issue it seems perfect to me. Any ideas anyone?

Tried "Proximity Service" yesterday, but no way. Became euphorized again when I read about " Disable proximity sensor", but even that one works out up to Android 5.0.

So close and yet so far from being able to enjoy Boldbeast. Any idea how to solve this would be very, very appreciated.

Many Huawei P8 / P8 Max / P8 Lite users are using Boldbeast Recorder, they didn't meet the problem.
In the post #9 above, espaanbroek said he fixed the problem by disabling OK Google, so most possibly another app in your phone made the problem.

If possible, reset the phone to factory settings to remove all apps, then the problem should disappear.

16 (edited by barra 2018-03-19 21:43:52)

boldbeast wrote:

In the post #9 above, espaanbroek said he fixed the problem by disabling OK Google, so most possibly another app in your phone made the problem.

Yes, I read this. Was the first thing I tried but the problem did not disappear, so I've got to try on. Thanks for your reply!