skroslak wrote:

after latest official samsung OS update last week, recording of the other side stopped working. I hear only my voice in recordings. Not even a low volume hint of the other side, it's completely inaudible.

Current build number: R16NW.G950FXXU1CRB7
Android 8.0.0

Please click "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder, then test again.
If the problem is still there, this indicates the new ROM has blocked the call recording feature in your country, all recorders in the market will surely not work.

Anyway can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them. Thanks.

I have changed the post #1 about Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Android 8.0 status, please have a look at it.

thank you tons, I've defaulted the app settings as instructed, only ticked tune samsung 1 and 2, after that, all seems to be alright again. I can hear both sides no problem. I'll be observing and report if there will be any troubles. 

I've sent you the log files just now (my login in the email subject line). I've done the settings reset ~19:55 today.

have a great rest of the weekend,

Glad to know your SM-G950F Android 8.0.0 records calls well, no root needed, just use default settings in the app.
You are in Slovakia.
However users reported in some countries root is needed.

Update 2018-05-02
===============
We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V11.1. Please update the app in your phone to V11.1, now all Galaxy S8 variants in all countries work great, recorded calls are crystal clear in two sides, No Root Needed.

Google Play may need time to publish it, if at this moment the new version is not available in your area please download it from our web site: https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

Hi,
I use the application some time Galaxy S8.
I get an error "Can not save the recorded file, the SD card is so much slow that it can not be used".
Change the card to another one?

michael.forums wrote:

I get an error "Can not save the recorded file, the SD card is so much slow that it can not be used"

About the problem please see [103] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to fix it.

I have a very important recording but the caller is extremely hard to hear. I have fixed my settings after reading this thread but am wondering if there is anything I can do to make the caller audible on the existing recording. It's very important. Thanks.

MSA259 wrote:

I have a very important recording but the caller is extremely hard to hear. I have fixed my settings after reading this thread but am wondering if there is anything I can do to make the caller audible on the existing recording. It's very important. Thanks.

Glad to know you have fixed it by using right settings.
Changed settings will affect future recordings only. Existing recordings can't be changed.

34 (edited by CarGuy 2018-08-30 14:47:49)

Running Boldbeast v11.7 GP on Verizon Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U), Android 8.0.0. It won't record both sides of the the call - I can only hear myself.

None of these changes fixed it:
Reset to default settings
Turn on "Tune Samsung1"
Turn on "Tune Samsung2"
Record Mode5 (was Mode1)

These changes were cumulative, i.e. added to the the previous changes.

It worked fine on Android 7 but broke after being forced to update to Android 8 by Samsung/Verizon.

Any help is appreciated.

** Request New Parameters email sent **

CarGuy wrote:

Running Boldbeast v11.7 GP on Verizon Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U), Android 8.0.0. It won't record both sides of the the call - I can only hear myself.

Please click "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder, then it 100% works at once.
Power off the phone then power on it if needed.

I appreciate the quick reply here and to my email. I set the Record Format to MP3 and that fixed it. My assumption had been that the format would not affect recording and thus immediately had set it to MP4 after resetting defaults. Thank you again.

I was just wondering if the lack of wifi call recording has been resolved in 11.8. I live in a valley, next to an airbase, so cell signal is spotty at best. Wifi calls are the only reliable calls here. I can always make the calls elsewhere of course, I was just curious.

Tmob S8

redbeardeddevil wrote:

I was just wondering if the lack of wifi call recording has been resolved in 11.8. I live in a valley, next to an airbase, so cell signal is spotty at best. Wifi calls are the only reliable calls here. I can always make the calls elsewhere of course, I was just curious.

Wifi calls can't be recorded, no matter what recorder you are using. This is limited by Android.

Hi today is arrived new android pie 9. Recording don't works good. My voice is good but  I don't hear the other person. The second problem is that is impossible to disable bixby. I have tried all . Reset app boldbeast from the beginning and uninstall and reinstall. Please solve this problem . I have sent to you the file from my mail marcoclini

Android 9 disabled the call recording feature. This is the reason why your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact.

I have checked the Android 9 source code, Google added new limits to block the call recording feature. It is IMPOSSIBLE to bypass he limits without root. So to fix the problem root is the ONLY way to go.

If you root the phone Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem.

boldbeast wrote:

Android 9 disabled the call recording feature. This is the reason why your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact.

I have checked the Android 9 source code, Google added new limits to block the call recording feature. It is IMPOSSIBLE to bypass he limits without root. So to fix the problem root is the ONLY way to go.

Hi I hope that you will find a new software solution. Root is Dangerous and no good for warranty. In Italy is legal record call. It's from the beginning of your program i have Always bought pro license

boldbeast wrote:

Hi, first of all I have to say I love Boldbeast Recorder. I've used it for years. Using it has given me peace of mind since I always knew all calls would get recorded and I knew I'd have proof from a recording if needed. I hadn't noticed Android 9 made the recording impossible so after the update it was a huge shock to suddenly realize the recorded calls only contained my own voice. Had I known this I would've never updated my S8 since quite honestly Android 9 hasn't made using S8 any better than Android 8. Besides some minor fixes (like the Bixby button) disabling the call recording has made using it much worse.

I've thought about rooting my phone but I'm quite apprehensive about it. It's not a simple task to do and apparently it makes using the phone a bit harder since you have to know certain things to make everything work correctly. That is why I'm asking you is there any chance you might be able to make Boldbeast Recorder work like it used to in non-rooted phones? Or is it all up to Google?

I'm afraid I know the answer already and you've possibly answered it multiple times in other threads but still I'm asking it here. Thanks!

kode wrote:

is there any chance you might be able to make Boldbeast Recorder work like it used to in non-rooted phones?

Google added new limits in Android 9, it's impossible to bypass them without root.

boldbeast wrote:
kode wrote:

is there any chance you might be able to make Boldbeast Recorder work like it used to in non-rooted phones?

Google added new limits in Android 9, it's impossible to bypass them without root.

Thanks for the reply. Bloody Google...

45 (edited by or.hamra 2019-03-28 18:45:37)

Hi BoldBeast team,

I would like to try your app before I buy it for 9$.
I have Samsung Galaxy S8.
(I have an OS built-in option to record some calls but it's not recording all calls and it's not working well for me.)
Currently. after Android 9 (Pie) came out, I can't record my calls normally. I understand from previous posts here that there is no other application that can do that if the device is not rooted.

I have rooted my device with "Magisk".
I have installed "Call Recording Fix" module.

I would like to know what are the relevant configuration (such as "Record Mode", Route Group etc..) I need to use within the BoldBeast app in order to record calls normally. (Since I just cant here the other side in the recording)

Kind Regards,
Or Hamra.

---------------------------
Update - 28.03.2019 - I was required to download the APK V12 from your website, and not v11.9 from the playstore in order to use the fixmodule feature correctly.  I used record mode 1,  Tune Audio Route - Group 1, Tune Samsung 1&2 - off ! , Change Audio Controls - on , and "Enable root options" of course.  - This worked perfect so I have purchased the application :)

Appreciate your business.
Kind Regards,
Or Hamra.
---------------------------

Glad to know you have made it working.

Hi Boldbeast, I have dowloaded 12.3 but is not an apk file but a zip file i need instruction to install it on my pohone. Thanks

All apk files are actually zip files.
In your phone please use the browser to download the app from https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html, then Android will ask you if you allow the browser to install it, you click Yes to install it.

Hi Boldbeast.
I installed another app about a week ago, worked well for about 5 days. Now recordings are barely audible. I have installed several others, all with same results.

I have installed your app from the site and have same results. I'd like to make your app function properly on my phone.
Can you assist please?

I guess you upgraded to Android 9 several day ago.
You should root the phone to fix the problem.