Hi,
I have try in the honor 8 the caller voice is very low , volume set to max.
Is there a way to increase the volume? have try to change the % in the settings but no luck.
Thanks

Huawei Honor 8 uses the latest Huawei ROM, all recorders in the market can't record calls in two sides.
At this moment we are dealing with it.

Hello and good day,
Is there a solution for Honor 8 in the meantime?
Problem I have with Bluetooth connection in the car,
The called is much too quiet.
Thank you for setting hints.
greeting
Dieter

Hallo und guten Tag,
ist für Honor 8 zwischenzeitlich eine Lösung vorhanden?
Problem habe ich bei Bluetoothverbindung im Auto,
der angerufene ist viel zu leise.
Vielen Dank für Einstellhinweise.
Gruß
Dieter

Boldbeast Recorder V9.0 is the perfect solution.
Please update Boldbeast in your phone to V9.0, use these settings in the app to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1 (some users said Mode 11 is better)
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3

No root needed, it records calls crystal clear in two sides.
You must have found all other recorders don't work well. This is the ONLY solution in the market that really works great.

Hallo boldbeast,

Honor 8 perfect mit B120 !!!

Honor 8 voice is very low with B131

Downgrade to B120  alles wieder in Ordnung.

bitte Honor 8 mit B131 prüfen.

Vielen Dank

After updating the ROM, please uninstall then reinstall Boldbeast Recorder, it will work great again.

Also check if your phone has this problem:
http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … voice.html

Huawei P30: Huawei P30 Call Recorder
Huawei P20: Huawei P20 Call Recorder
Huawei P10: Huawei P10 Call Recorder
Huawei P9: Huawei P9 Call Recorder
Huawei P8: Huawei P8 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 20: Huawei Mate 20 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 10: Huawei Mate 10 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 9: Huawei Mate 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Mate 8: Huawei Mate 8 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 10 View: Huawei Honor 10 View Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 9: Huawei Honor 9 Call Recorder
Huawei Honor 8: Huawei Honor 8 Call Recorder

Sorry to say, but it's not truth. Your software is not working on Honor 8. I tried mode11(or mode1) as you wrote but it only records voice trough the microphone. So if we have bad quality sound on the other side we will record nothing or record will be totally quiet.

szablony24h wrote:

Sorry to say, but it's not truth. Your software is not working on Honor 8. I tried mode11(or mode1) as you wrote but it only records voice trough the microphone. So if we have bad quality sound on the other side we will record nothing or record will be totally quiet.

Users reported it works great.
Have you checked this problem? http://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic104 … voice.html
Are you recording via bluetooth or headphone?
If needed please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me, let me see what happened in your phone.

Hi,
I would strongly support OneDrive option in 'Backup Cloud Drive' list. Please add this with next versions.
Thanks.

At this moment Google Drive and Dropbox are supported.
Thank you for the OneDrive suggestion, we'll consider it.

Hi. I have all the time Boldbeast on standby on my Honor 8. But sometimes it appears with "Cannot record calls" notification, and does not record any calls, even if any settings have not been changed. After phone restart, Boaldbeast works again fine.
But I had already few important calls, which I wished to be recorded, but only after that I realized that there was "Cannot record calls" notification, and this was quite disappointing that call had not been recorded.  Could you please check this ?

Some phones in the market have the following problem, by your description I guess your phone suffers the same:

What's the problem?
There is a bug inside the ROM of your phone - the built-in MediaServer works unstable.

How to know it's true?
No matter what call recorder you are using, the result is the same - when you first power off / power on it records calls well, but after record several calls the ROM begins to fail to record calls, so you need to power off / power on again.

What do other recorders do when the ROM fails to record calls?
Do nothing, the recording fails.

What does Boldbeast Recorder do when the ROM fails to record calls?
When the ROM fails to record calls Boldbeast Recorder tries at most 20 times to restart recording, if it still fails the app gives up. In some phones many calls that would have failed were finally successfully recorded and saved because of this method. However there were still calls finally failed to be recorded, this was out of the control of the recorder for it had done it's best.

How to fix the problem?
Third-party apps can't fix it. If possible please upgrade the ROM to a newer version, maybe the manufacturer has fixed it in the new ROM. If your ROM is currently the latest version you have to wait the manufacturer to fix it in future ROM updates.

Hi,  Honor 8 not rooted and with B360 and Emui5.0
No way to record clearly both voices.
To get reasonable volume of incoming voice I have to activate speaker covering my outgoing voice and, worst thing, letting others hear my call...  not nice.
Exactly like other brands call recorders.
To buy the pro boldbeast I need a two directions working recorder,  is it possible?
Thanks
md

1. Please update Boldbeast Recorder to the latest version.
2. Use suggested settings in post #4, recorded calls are crystal clear in two sides, no need to switch on the speaker.
Also please see the [004] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

I downloaded the free test version available now on Android market and tried settings as from your suggestions in 004.
The result is what I wrote about sadly.
Honor 8 Pro 64Gb, Emui5.0 and latest B360 Nougat version.
Are you sure ther isn't any issue with this combinations? I can't get the recorder working.
Looks like it records only from mike, becouse I have to activate the speaker to record, otherwise incoming volume is way too low.
Any thoughts?
Thx

Huawei Honor 8 Android 6.0, the app works great.
Huawei Honor 8 Android 7.0, users told me following ROMs work great:

FRD-L09 C432B360 (Android 7.0)
FRD-L19 C10B360 (Android 7.0)
FRD-L19 C636B360 (Android 7.0)

Honor 8 has several variants, and more ROM versions, I believe all of them work well.

You said "still not work", most possibly there is another app working in your phone that changes the audio to a wrong route during recording, for example the case reported in the post #9 of this topic (thanks to espaanbroek). Please find out that app and disable it then recording will work well at once.

Unfortunately after coutless tests I have to say that Callrecorder does not work with Honor 8 with stock ROM and
FRD-L19 C432B360 (Android 7.0)

Results are totally unreliable, recording is only through microphone and sometimes with decent volume many other times with very low volume.
If you walk on a noisy street only traffic sound is audible in the recording.

Very sorry about that, I though I found a solution to my needs but nothing works reliably,  it's like roulette gambling :(

musicaldoc wrote:

Results are totally unreliable, recording is only through microphone and sometimes with decent volume many other times with very low volume.

So "sometimes it works great sometimes bad, it seems randomly".
Please see the [004] part for the reasons and the solutions in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

20 (edited by musicaldoc 2017-03-25 11:37:00)

Any advice about B380 patches for Android 7?
The january Google security patches do override Boldbeast or can we update safely to B380?

Please tell us any problem with B380 and if we have to wait for a patch from Boldbeast before updating phone system.
Thx

Update on tests

Works with autodetection off,  seconds setted in order to be sure you DON'T record incoming ringing, otherwise incoming voice is low. If you restart manually recording everything is ok endeed.
So avoid ringing recording.
Wav, Mode 1-5-11 Groupe 3.

Some more days testing and then I'll go Pro ;)

Users told me the newest Huawei Android 7.0 C10B378 and C432B380 ROMs work well, no root needed.

boldbeast wrote:

Users told me the newest Huawei Android 7.0 C10B378 and C432B380 ROMs work well, no root needed.

I confirm, my phone upgraded without asking permission to C432B380...  but Boldbeast still works.

Going Pro tonight.

Thx for all.

Dear Boldbeast,

I bought a new Honor 8 (64 Gb,  Android 6.0, Emui 4.1.) yesterday and I installed the software, too.  Unfortunately the recording start after just in 10-12 sec and this is very annoying. /The "Abandon Short Record" value is "0"./

/The program was perfect in my previous (Honor 6) phone./

Do you have any idea that what is the problem?

Tesseract wrote:

the recording start after just in 10-12 sec and this is very annoying.

Please see the [005] part for the reasons and the solutions in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

I did the followings:
1. Set Default Settings
2. The Auto Detect Max Time is 3 sec instead of 15 sec

The first recording is perfect, but from the 2nd record is absolutely silent.