marius.b.fourie wrote:

Still only recording on the S9+ side. Either using the onscreen button or not. The other side is not recording.

Please power off then power on, and test again.

victor1970 wrote:

I have Galaxy S9 plus with European chip. I am using version 11.2 pro.
In the version exist bug.
I using call recorder with bluetooth in a car. The call record works with out any problem.
After that, then I out of the car, without bluetooth connection , the call recorder record my voice only.
I find a work arround. After end of  using the phone bluetooth mode I need send commnd of default setting and call recording start working well

From your description it seems there is a bug in the ROM related to bluetooth recording.
No need to set default settings repeatedly. Please test again.

I've testes it several time.
Only sending default setting solve the recording problem

boldbeast wrote:
victor1970 wrote:

I have Galaxy S9 plus with European chip. I am using version 11.2 pro.
In the version exist bug.
I using call recorder with bluetooth in a car. The call record works with out any problem.
After that, then I out of the car, without bluetooth connection , the call recorder record my voice only.
I find a work arround. After end of  using the phone bluetooth mode I need send commnd of default setting and call recording start working well

From your description it seems there is a bug in the ROM related to bluetooth recording.
No need to set default settings repeatedly. Please test again.

I can confirm that v11.2 is properly creating duplex recordings on my G965F/DS (S9+) running ARD4 firmware, ARD6 baseband and made for the Dutch (CSC: PHN) market, but not using the default settings.

If I use the app defaults (i.e. Mode 1), I hear only the local side of the conversation. To get the remote side to be recorded, I need to switch to Mode 5. Then it works.

It seems there may be some technical differences between devices running different firmware versions and with different CSCs.

ianmacd wrote:

I can confirm that v11.2 is properly creating duplex recordings on my G965F/DS (S9+) running ARD4 firmware, ARD6 baseband and made for the Dutch (CSC: PHN) market, but not using the default settings.

If I use the app defaults (i.e. Mode 1), I hear only the local side of the conversation. To get the remote side to be recorded, I need to switch to Mode 5. Then it works.

It seems there may be some technical differences between devices running different firmware versions and with different CSCs.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Hi, after downloading the version 11.1 my call recorder for s9 plus is working fine on both side recording . Just to check when Samsung ask to update software will it affect the call recorder?

Thank you

82 (edited by telloy3k 2018-05-16 20:12:23)

In a SM-G960F dual sim running G960FXXU1ARD6, mode 1 doesn't work but Mode 5 works, for some reason the first time I tested with mode 5 it didn't work, I tried modes 2, 3 and 4 and I got errors on all of them, I tried mode 5 again and it worked perfectly.

--Update
I had to uninstall and reinstall and now mode 1 works too... but I get better audio with mode 5

My recorder was working perfectly on my s9+ until a software update a couple of days ago. Are you aware of the update and can you update the paid version asap i bought it only about 2 weeks ago.

richiel2017 wrote:

My recorder was working perfectly on my s9+ until a software update a couple of days ago. Are you aware of the update and can you update the paid version asap i bought it only about 2 weeks ago.

The newest version at this moment is V11.2, it works very well.
I guess it's nothing to do with the update, actually it's related to some settings you made in the phone. For example you changed OK Google settings, you changed Bixby settings, you changed wifi call settings, you changed battery optimization settings etc. How do these settings affect call recording? Please see this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know detailed information.

Does Boldbeast work with the May 2018 update for S9+ G965FXXU1BRE5 / G965FOXM1BRE3 / G965FXXU1BRE3 ?
Thanks

eranrose wrote:

Does Boldbeast work with the May 2018 update for S9+ G965FXXU1BRE5 / G965FOXM1BRE3 / G965FXXU1BRE3 ?
Thanks

So far there is no user complains about G965FXXU1BRE5 / G965FOXM1BRE3 / G965FXXU1BRE, I guess they work well.

I installed the G965FXXU1BRE5 / G965FOXM1BRE3 / G965FXXU1BRE3 update on S9+.
The update provides the built-in recording of the phone. You can choose automatic or manual recording, and wether to save on local storage or SD card. However, if you use a third party app like Boldbeast, the internal program does not work.
Boldbeast continues to work as before.

eranrose wrote:

I installed the G965FXXU1BRE5 / G965FOXM1BRE3 / G965FXXU1BRE3 update on S9+.
The update provides the built-in recording of the phone. You can choose automatic or manual recording, and wether to save on local storage or SD card. However, if you use a third party app like Boldbeast, the internal program does not work.
Boldbeast continues to work as before.

Thanks for sharing the information.

I installed BolddBeast and it seems to work fine on my Samsung S9 finally.  However, when I startup the phone, the app does not start-up automatically. I have to do it manually and the settings are back to default again.  How to fix that?

fredzwalm wrote:

I installed BolddBeast and it seems to work fine on my Samsung S9 finally.  However, when I startup the phone, the app does not start-up automatically. I have to do it manually and the settings are back to default again.  How to fix that?

Boldbeast does automatically start up upon power on.
You must be using some settings in your phone blocking the app automatically start up, please don't do so.
Also please see [001] and [002] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

Hello, Sorry I checked the settings and I found out theat my batterysver kicked in at a low energy level. That was the problem. Once the battery was fully reloaded, BoldBeast started as aspected. My fault. Keep up the good work!!

boldbeast wrote:
fredzwalm wrote:

Boldbeast does automatically start up upon power on.
You must be using some settings in your phone blocking the app automatically start up, please don't do so.
Also please see [001] and [002] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

I have updated to the final stable version of android 9 pie and the app is broken again.

I have sent logs.

Please check

Thank you

Android 9.0 disabled the call recording feature. This is the reason why your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact.

Now that you have rooted the phone, please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: Alsa
- Alsa Device: Auto
- Alsa Bits: 16 Bits
- Alsa Channels: Auto
- Alsa Sampling Rate: Auto

How about it?

Update
Please update Boldbeast Recorder to V12.0, it records calls crystal clear in both sides after root your Android 9.0 phone.
More info: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic17 … rding.html

Hi dear
With the new android update Pie the recorder is recording only my voice  the other part not recording at all.
Kindly do something for this issue.
Regards

mohamed.hamed.cherif.bouy wrote:

Hi dear
With the new android update Pie the recorder is recording only my voice  the other part not recording at all.
Kindly do something for this issue.
Regards

You should root the phone o fix the problem.

Dear
Why I should root my phone as  that maybe will lose Samsung guarantee on my phone and its same galaxy s9+ It work with lollipop android but not working with Pie android after software update.
Kindly find solutions for us as many users waiting same.
Regards

Just flashed Android 9 Pie via Odin (official stock rom dated 20.12.2018). Located in Serbia. Recordnig does not record voice of other person, just mine.
Now I am gona root the phone and try to fix the problem.

98 (edited by mrezzzkiel 2019-01-13 13:50:37)

I'm on S9+, android 9 and rooted. I can't get two-way call recording working. I've tried with default setting, which of course doesn't work on pie, and I've tried with the Alsa mode, which gives me an error that tells me to choose another mode. I've given the app root permission.
It's strange, because the native samsung call recorder can record both lines. I'd just prefer using boldbeast because 1) I've used it since 2016 and 2) the app allows me to choose the way the files are named and 3) I have lots of recordings managed in the app.

Can I do anything to get this fixed or am I SOL?
As I said, I have an alternative that works fine, but I'd were much like to keep using boldbeast.

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let us have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

Hi,
Ever since Android 9, I only have one sided recordings.
Are you aware of this?
Thanks