Hello,

I wanted to see if there are any recommended call recording settings for the Note 10+? I just switched my pro license over to my new phone so I don't have any calls I can listen to for issues. Has anyone else with the Note 10 had problems with recordings? Thanks!

Android 9
Samsung Galaxy Note10 has many variants. Some variants use the Exynos 9825 chipset, some variants use the Snapdragon 855 chipset.

1. In some countries Galaxy Note10 records calls very good, no root needed, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go.

2. In some countries the call recording feature of Galaxy Note10 was disabled, you can only record your own voice, the caller's voice is very weak in recordings, no matter what recorder you are using in the market. In this case you should root the phone then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly.

If your phone uses the Exynos 9825 chipset, after root the phone please
- Open Boldbeast Recorder, tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

If your phone uses the Snapdragon 855 chipset, after root the phone please use these settings to record calls directly:
- Record Mode: Alsa
- File Sampling Rate: Auto
- Alsa Device: Alsa Device0
- Alsa Bits: 16 Bits
- Alsa Channels: Auto
- Alsa Sampling Rate: Auto
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes
Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

UPDATE 2019-09-23
Good news! Some users told me, Record Mode 14 works great, recordings are crystal clear in both sides, no root needed.
In Boldbeast Recorder please change "Record Mode" to Mode14.

Android 10
Android 10 call recording

VoIP Call Recording
Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Google Voice, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Line, WeChat, Skype, magicApp, Signal etc. Android VoIP Call Recording

Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus: Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus: Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder

Galaxy Note10: Galaxy Note10 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

my Note 10+ had recordings problems
with plantronics bluetooth earphones.

it records perfectly without earphones.

- Record Mode: 14
- Tune Audio Route: Group2

are there any recommended call recording settings?

regards

Your phone has bugs in the ROM related to bluetooth.

If your phone has the Snapdragon 855 chip inside, Boldbeast Recorder can fix it if you root the phone. If you don't root the phone you have no solution for sure.

If your phone has the Exynos 9825 chip inside, even if you root the phone you still have no solution for sure. You have to wait Samsung to fix it in future ROM updates.

boldbeast wrote:

No root needed, but special operation needed
In some countries in some phones, the call recording feature of Android 10 is disabled but Boldbeast Recorder can bypass the limits to enable it. Please:
- Confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V12.9 or a newer version.
- Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen.
- Tap "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder.
Then it works at once, both your voice and the caller's voice are loud and clear in recordings, no root needed.
For example, Android 10 phones like Galaxy S10 etc works great this way.

Hello!
I can surely confirm that this operation works for the Samsung Galaxy Note10+ with Android 10 (SM-N975F, Exynos, with this firmware):

Version: Android 10
Changelist: 17459961
Build date:    Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:36:18 +0000
Security Patch Level:    2019-12-01
Product code: ARO
PDA:    N975FXXU1BSL7
CSC:    N975FOWO1BSL7

7 (edited by paradox 2020-01-07 17:07:54)

sorry, but my note10 (SM-N970F, Exynos, Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01)
does not record any calls from the other (only me) when using a hands-free system via Bluetooth
(without Bluetooth hands-free, everything is OK)

not even with this setting

Too bad I always had boldbeast, but for calls without Bluetooth there are now free programs with better recording quality.
Hopefully Boldbeast can do something.

PS: and I don't want to root my new Note10.

my note10 (SM-N970F) does not record any calls from the other (only me) when using a hands-free system via Bluetooth
=> Your phone has bugs in the ROM related to bluetooth. Only Samsung can fix the bluetooth problem in future ROM updates unfortunately.

without Bluetooth hands-free, everything is OK
=> Glad it records calls well without bluetooth.

Too bad I always had boldbeast, but for calls without Bluetooth there are now free programs with better recording quality.
=> Please
- Confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V12.9 or a newer version.
- Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen.
Now you should get the best recording quality in the whole market. Other recorders may have a worse quality, or have the same quality as this app, but no one has a better quality than this - it's simply impossible. Please test again.

Hi. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I don't have any issues recording normal calls. But while recording using handsfree (not Bluetooth, the stock AKG headphones given with the phone), my voice was recorded, but the other person's was not. Is there any way to get voice at both ends recorded using handsfree? Thank you.

supreme.j wrote:

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I don't have any issues recording normal calls. But while recording using handsfree (not Bluetooth, the stock AKG headphones given with the phone), my voice was recorded, but the other person's was not.

This indicates there is a bug in the ROM related to wired headset. No matter what recorder you are using the problem will always be there.
Only the manufacturer can fix it in future ROM updates.

11 (edited by note10+exynos 2020-05-23 00:52:55)

I had it working on my rooted note 10+ with the Exynos chipset and Android 9 before the last  call recording fix update. But since I updated the call recording fix a couple of weeks ago or so in Magisk, it no longer works. I tried removing the call recording fix and re-installing it with no luck. Is there a way to install the old version again?  Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

note10+exynos wrote:

But since I updated the call recording fix a couple of weeks ago or so in Magisk, it no longer works.

In Boldbeast Recorder V13.2 the CallRecordingFix module has a minor bug, that makes it fail in some ROMs.
We have just released the new version of Boldbeast Recorder V13.3. Please update the app on your phone to V13.3, the problem has been fixed.
Google Play may need time to publish it. If at this moment the new version is unavailable in your area please download it from our web site: https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

I recently purchased a Galaxy Note 10+ (Nordic variant, with Exynos chipset) and I'm happy to report Boldbeast call recording does work. I stayed for 3 years with my Galaxy S8 and Android 8 because call recording was made impossible in Android 9. I had to finally move on and was dreading the fact I'd have to root my phone (I try to avoid it due to security reasons) but I'm so glad it turned out I didn't have to.

Just setting the Record Mode to 14 wasn't enough for me. My calls get recorded with these settings:

Besides setting the Record Mode to Mode14 under Fix Recording Issues check Noise Suppress, Tune Audio Effect and Tune Samsung1, and set Tune Audio Route to Group1.

BTW, no idea if other settings work as well. After some trial and error I got it work with those settings.

Before doing those I followed these instructions from Boldbeast, but they themselves weren't enough for the call recording to work:

Hopefully Google/Samsung won't make call recording impossible in a future update. Thanks Boldbeast for a fantastic software!

Thanks for sharing the settings you are using, and glad it works.

kode wrote:

I recently purchased a Galaxy Note 10+ (Nordic variant, with Exynos chipset) and I'm happy to report Boldbeast call recording does work. I stayed for 3 years with my Galaxy S8 and Android 8 because call recording was made impossible in Android 9. I had to finally move on and was dreading the fact I'd have to root my phone (I try to avoid it due to security reasons) but I'm so glad it turned out I didn't have to.

Just setting the Record Mode to 14 wasn't enough for me. My calls get recorded with these settings:

Besides setting the Record Mode to Mode14 under Fix Recording Issues check Noise Suppress, Tune Audio Effect and Tune Samsung1, and set Tune Audio Route to Group1.

BTW, no idea if other settings work as well. After some trial and error I got it work with those settings.

Before doing those I followed these instructions from Boldbeast, but they themselves weren't enough for the call recording to work:

Hopefully Google/Samsung won't make call recording impossible in a future update. Thanks Boldbeast for a fantastic software!

I have note 10+ with Exynos and I have tried this and it doesn't work. My voice is recorded, but the other side not.

Any new suggestions maybe?