No Root Needed
In most countries Galaxy S20 works great, no root needed. Please
(1) In Boldbeast Recorder tap "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Hotkey" to open the Accessibility settings screen, enable Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service on the screen.
(2) In Boldbeast Recorder tap "Set Default Settings".
Now you'll get recordings that are crystal clear in both sides. Please note, you must do both (1) and (2) above, not just one of them.Otherwise your recordings will be totally silent.
Recordings Sound Like Fast Forwarding
On several Galaxy S20 variants like SM-G985F, SM-G981B, SM-G986B, SM-G988B etc, when you play back recordings they sound like fast forwarding. This is because these phone models have a minor bug in the ROM. Fortunately Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly. Please confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V13.1 or a new version, it works great.
Samsung enables / disables the call recording feature by market areas. In some countries the feature is disabled, as a result you can only record your own voice, the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. In this case all recorders on the market don't work well for sure, so you should root the phone then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly.
After root the phone, please
- In Boldbeast Recorder tap "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Hotkey" to open the Accessibility settings screen, enable Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service on the screen.
- In Boldbeast Recorder tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.
Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 12
- Record Format: 3GP, MP4, AMR or AAC
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes (if visible)
Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.
On some phone models recording via bluetooth works well.
However on some phone models only your own voice is recorded, or only the caller's voice is recorded. This is because the ROM has bugs inside. If you don't root the phone, you have to wait for Samsung to fix it in future ROM updates. If you root the phone,
- If your phone has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset inside, Boldbeast Recorder can fix it at once by enable the "Change Audio Control" option as said above. The option is visible only after you root the phone.
- If your phone has the Exynos 990 chipset inside, you have no solution on the whole market even if you have rooted the phone unfortunately.
VoIP Call Recording
Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Google Voice, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Line, WeChat, Skype, magicApp, Signal etc. Android VoIP Call Recording