No Root Needed
In most countries Galaxy S20 works great, no root needed. Please
(1) In Boldbeast Recorder tap "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Hotkey" to open the Accessibility settings screen, enable Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service on the screen. 
(2) In Boldbeast Recorder tap "Set Default Settings".
Now you'll get recordings that are crystal clear in both sides. Please note, you must do both (1) and (2) above, not just one of them.Otherwise your recordings will be totally silent.

Recordings Sound Like Fast Forwarding
On several Galaxy S20 variants like SM-G985F, SM-G981B, SM-G986B, SM-G988B etc, when you play back recordings they sound like fast forwarding. This is because these phone models have a minor bug in the ROM. Fortunately Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly. Please confirm you are using Boldbeast Recorder V13.1 or a new version, it works great.

Root Needed
Samsung enables / disables the call recording feature by market areas. In some countries the feature is disabled, as a result you can only record your own voice, the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. In this case all recorders on the market don't work well for sure, so you should root the phone then Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly.

After root the phone, please
- In Boldbeast Recorder tap "Call Settings - Manually Record Calls - Hotkey" to open the Accessibility settings screen, enable Boldbeast Call Recorder accessibility service on the screen. 
- In Boldbeast Recorder tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 12
- Record Format: 3GP, MP4, AMR or AAC
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1
- Fix Recording Issues - Change Audio Controls: Yes (if visible)
Now you should get crystal clear call recordings.

Bluetooth Recording
On some phone models recording via bluetooth works well.

However on some phone models only your own voice is recorded, or only the caller's voice is recorded. This is because the ROM has bugs inside. If you don't root the phone, you have to wait for Samsung to fix it in future ROM updates. If you root the phone,
- If your phone has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset inside, Boldbeast Recorder can fix it at once by enable the "Change Audio Control" option as said above. The option is visible only after you root the phone.
- If your phone has the Exynos 990 chipset inside, you have no solution on the whole market even if you have rooted the phone unfortunately.

VoIP Call Recording
Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Google Voice, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Line, WeChat, Skype, magicApp, Signal etc. Android VoIP Call Recording

Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus: Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus: Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder

Galaxy Note10: Galaxy Note10 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

Galaxy S20 (brand new). 

I get the totally Silent Recording problem.  I tried the 2 steps listed under "No Root Needed" and had trouble getting to the Accessibility Service.  I downloaded and installed the app from your website and went through the 2 steps again.  This time I was successful in going through the 2 settings and getting through the Accessibility Service.

Did a test call but am still getting the Silent Recording problem.  It does, however, show the proper phone number in the Call List (which it didn't before I re-downloaded the app from your website).

I have ver. 13.3 PRO version. 

Is there anything else I can do (besides rooting the phone)?

Thanks.

I'm afraid you need to root the phone to fix the problem.

5 (edited by scott 2020-08-19 05:40:04)

Hi Boldbeast people,
I've successfully used Boldbeast recorder in the past with my Samsung galaxy S9+...bit of fiddling but eventually it worked a treat and I was very happy. Now, my carrier (in Australia) has forced me to upgrade to an S20+ (SM-G986B) and for the life of me...I cannot get the recorder to work. I've tried all the old tricks...tested different Modes, set default values and followed the instructions listed below by the administrator, but still no luck. It records, but the playback of the recording sounds like a record played in slow motion. I am at my wits end? Is this the end of Boldbeast in Australia? Any final suggestions? Cheers, SB

ps...I'm not prepared to 'root' the phone. That's a step too far I'm sorry.

scott wrote:

It records, but the playback of the recording sounds like a record played in slow motion.

Please try to change "Call Settings - File Sampling Rate" to 16000, 32000, 44100, 48000, and test them one by one. Most possibly one of them will make recordings crystal clear. How about it?

Please try to change "Call Settings - File Sampling Rate" to 16000, 32000, 44100, 48000, and test them one by one. Most possibly one of them will make recordings crystal clear. How about it?

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I tested all of the file sampling rate options. In each test I recorded 10secs of speech and I noticed in the recorded file, that the lower the file sampling rate the 'faster' the recording, but it was never enough to offset the slow recorded speech. In each test, I recorded exactly 10secs of speech. The recording is 'stretching' to between 25secs and 29secs depending on the file sampling rate selected. So for example, the recording with the least 'stretch' was on the lowest rate (i.e. with the FSR set to 8000), but it is still not low enough to offset the ssssslllllooooooowwwww rrrrrreeeeeecccccccoooooorrrrrrddddddddddiiiiinnnnngggg. (You get the idea?). Any other suggestions would be great?

ps..I've set to manually record and all of the above was conducted in mode 12, in MP3 format. I've varied the tests betwen Tune Samsung 1 and Tune Samsung 2 and there's no difference. I've tried the test with 'Tune Audio Effect' checked and this too made no difference. I've tried 'Auto Switch Speaker On' checked with 'Noise Suppress' and 'Tune Audio Effect' checked (all at once with 'Tune Samsung1') and no difference either.

You are using an old version of Boldbeast Recorder.
Please update the app to the latest version, the problem has already been fixed long ago.

I just got the S20+ and am having issues getting a clear voice of the caller.  I used Boldbeast with my S7 Edge (Android 8) and my wife has an S10 on Android 10 and both of those work great.  My wife and I are also on the same carrier (Fido in Canada).  I tried these S20 settings, and also tried the S10 settings that got hers to work but still with the same result.

Any suggestions?  I don't think it's a root thing unless something was changed in the S20 ROM that isn't in the S10 ROM.

Thanks,

Please see [009] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to use suggested settings to record calls.
If it doesn't work, root is needed unfortunately.

11 (edited by scott 2020-08-26 23:32:29)

I've been continuing to try a number of different settings. I've now got the phone to record, but I can only hear my own voice. Reviewing the "troubleshooting" files, I can see [004] which suggests that if the recording starts before the line is answered, or if I am the receiver of the call, that the other persons voice will not be heard. I have thus disabled the Auto Record Calls feature (Call Settings --> Auto Record Calls --> disable).

I'll see how that goes.

12 (edited by sdn 2020-08-26 21:59:23)

hello guys,
I just got the Note 20 ultra so I copied all of my info from the Note10 to the new phone S20 ultra,
everything was copied including BOLDBEAST app but now I open the app and nothing of my previous recordings are opening,
its giving me this message:
"Cannot find the recorded file in the "/sdcard/com.boldbeast.recorder/rec" folder. If needed you can click the "Move Files" menu item to move the files from another folder to this folder.

they are 600 phone calls I can't lose please help on what to do to get them back I already traded back my old Note10.

Note:
im using Pro Version 12.9

Please see [102] in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html to know how to transfer your old recordings to the new phone.

scott wrote:

I've been continuing to try a number of different settings. I've now got the phone to record, but I can only hear my own voice. Reviewing the "troubleshooting" files, I can see [004] which suggests that if the recording starts before the line is answered, or if I am the receiver of the call, that the other persons voice will not be heard. I have thus disabled the Auto Record Calls feature (Call Settings --> Auto Record Calls --> disable).

I'll see how that goes.

None of these things that I try are working. Can I have some additional assistance please? The converstaion is being recorded, but I can only hear myself and not the caller. I am a PRO User in Australia. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G986B). I've set to manually record (i.e. have disabled the Auto Record Calls feature (Call Settings --> Auto Record Calls --> disable)) and all of the above was conducted in mode 12, in MP3 format. I've varied the tests between Tune Samsung 1 and Tune Samsung 2 and there's no difference. I've tried the test with 'Tune Audio Effect' checked and this too made no difference. I've tried 'Auto Switch Speaker On' checked with 'Noise Suppress' and 'Tune Audio Effect' checked (all at once with 'Tune Samsung1') and no difference either.

Rooting the phone is NOT an acceptable solution. Is there any other suggestions please?

If your voice is good but the voice of your friend is weak or silent in recordings, you should
- Switch on the loudspeaker during a call, so Boldbeast can record the call on both sides normally. Or
- Root the phone, so Boldbeast can fix it completely to record calls on both sides perfectly without switching on the loudspeaker.

boldbeast wrote:

Switch on the loudspeaker during a call, so Boldbeast can record the call on both sides normally.

LoL. Or maybe I should just buy a tape-recorder.

(I'm sorry but if that's your best suggestion, then thanks to Android10...BoldBeast is now dead).

Haber tengo mi note s20 ultra  y no puedo grabar cuando llamo hay veces que llamo y me.corta hasta las llamadas y en las llamadas entrantes nunca me pasa haber si sabéis algo por que es que la mayoría de veces no me deja ni llamar o alguna que grabe perfectamente  gracias y espero vuestra ayuda

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

boldbeast wrote:

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

I've created the hardware_logs zip file. But its not apparent to me how to send the file to you? Suggestion?

Please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder.
- If you have an email app that can send emails
  A new email will be created and opened, you can review, update, discard or send out it.
- If you have no email app that can send emails
  You can use the browser to open your web email like gmail, hotmail etc, then use it to send the file hardware_logs.zip to me service@boldbeast.com.

Thanks. Its on its way.

22 (edited by djsce1 2020-10-19 05:24:09)

Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased another Galaxy S20+ 5G and am having a couple of issues. I already have an SM-986B (FW Telstra 2020.08.20) as my personal phone which I rooted roughly 2 month ago and have the call recorder working fine on this device. Yesterday I purchased another SM-986B (FW Telstra 2020.10.07) for my work phone and rooted the device today, however I cant get the recorder to detect root access. I have a log from each phone for your perusal.

Please see below steps in which I have taken to try and get this to work –

1.    Rooted phone with TWRP (UI 2.5) with Encryption Disabler
2.    Installed Magisk 21.0 with TWRP
3.    Installed SELinux Switcher 7.1.3 with TWRP
4.    Installed latest 13.7 Boldbeast
5.    Added Boldbeast to the Accessibility Service
6.    Copied CallRecordingFix_Magisk_Install.zip from working S20 as my work phone Boldbeast version didn’t come with this standard like last time.
7.    Installed the module into Magisk (8.0.2) and rebooted
8.    Installed SELinux Switch 7.1.3 apk and set to passive
9.    Tried to enable root options in Boldbeast without any success and my calls only have my voice recorded.
10.    I even tried installing the CallRecordingFix_Magisk_Install.zip through TWRP (I have a screenshot of this also) with no avail

Magisk says it has granted bolbeast root access, however boldbeast keeps saying I need to root my phone.

Forum pages I have read and tried –

https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic19 … issue.html
https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic19 … order.html
https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_ … html#id009
https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic20 … tions.html

I also have both hardware logs to send also and can you please advise as to where to send these.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dan.

boldbeast wrote:

Please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder.
- If you have an email app that can send emails
  A new email will be created and opened, you can review, update, discard or send out it.
- If you have no email app that can send emails
  You can use the browser to open your web email like gmail, hotmail etc, then use it to send the file hardware_logs.zip to me service@boldbeast.com.

Files sent on the 16th. How did you get on? Any resolution? Regards Scott.

djsce1 wrote:

I have recently purchased another Galaxy S20+ 5G and am having a couple of issues..

I received your email also and replied. Please check your email box. Thanks.

scott wrote:

Files sent on the 16th. How did you get on? Any resolution? Regards Scott.

On the post #14 above you said "The converstaion is being recorded, but I can only hear myself and not the caller". So you should
- Switch on the loudspeaker during a call, so Boldbeast can record the call on both sides normally. Or
- Root the phone, so Boldbeast can fix it completely to record calls on both sides perfectly without switching on the loudspeaker.