No root needed
In some countries in some phones, the call recording feature of Android 10 is enabled. In this case no root needed, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go, both your voice and the caller's voice are loud and clear in recordings.
No root needed, but special operation needed
In some countries in some phones, the call recording feature of Android 10 is disabled but Boldbeast Recorder can bypass the limits to enable it. Please:
- Confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast Recorder.
- Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen.
- Tap "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder.
- Most phones don't need but some phones need to enable the option "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Effect".
Then it works at once, both your voice and the caller's voice are loud and clear in recordings, no root needed.
For example, Android 10 phones like Galaxy S20, S10, Note10 etc in many countries work great this way.
In some countries in some phones, the call recording feature of Android 10 is disabled, and Boldbeast Recorder can't bypass the limits to enable the feature again. Your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak or silent in recordings. In this case all recorders don't work either for sure, you can test and confirm the fact yourself. To fix the problem root is the ONLY way to go. If you don't root the phone there will be no solution on the whole market without doubt unfortunately. If you root the phone Boldbeast Recorder can fix it perfectly.
Root or not, who decides?
Google disabled the call recording feature in Android 10 by default, but Boldbeast Recorder can bypass the limit. So if the manufacturer adds more limits in the phone to disable the call recording feature on a specific market area, the phone needs root. Otherwise root is not needed.
How to root my phone?
There are more than 10000 Android phones, the root approach is different from phone to phone. Please google "Root AAAA" to know how to root your phone, here AAAA is your phone model, for example "Root Pixel4".
After root the phone
After root the phone, please:
- Confirm you are using the latest version of Boldbeast.
- Tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Enable Rooted Options" in Boldbeast to grant root access to the app.
- Set Record Mode to "Alsa2 Mode".
Because of using the Alsa2 Mode, no need to enable the accessibility service above. No other special requirements.
(1) For most phones
Using settings above, you can get good recordings at once.
(2) Some third-party ROMs
Some third-party ROMs have bugs inside, all other recorders can't record the caller's voice even if you have rooted the phone. In this case please
- click the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module" in the app.
- use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- reboot the phone.
- enable the "Fix Recording Issues - Start Input Stream" option in the app.
Using settings above, now you can get good recordings at once.
In theory Boldbeast Recorder can fix call recording issues for all Android 10 phones on the market, no matter what phone model you are using, no matter what country you are in. Both your voice and the caller's voice are crystal clear.