No root needed, Boldbeast Recorder can record calls perfectly in two directions for Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge.

Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No

Bluetooth recording works well also.

So far users confirmed following Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 6.0.1 phones work perfectly, no root needed:

SM-G9300   Global
SM-G930F   Global
SM-G930A   AT&T
SM-G930AZ  Cricket
SM-G930P   Sprint
SM-G930R4  US Cellular
SM-G930T   T-Mobile
SM-G930V   Verizon
SM-G930W8  Canadian Variant

So far users confirmed following Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Android 6.0.1 phones work perfectly, no root needed:

SM-G9350   Global
SM-G935F   Global
SM-G935A   AT&T
SM-G935P   Sprint
SM-G935S
SM-G935T   T-Mobile
SM-G935V   Verizon
SM-G935W8  Canadian Variant

Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus: Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus: Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder

Galaxy Note10: Galaxy Note10 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 32GB (G935) Exynos 8890 Octa:
Without root:
- Record Mode: 1
- Tune Audio Route: No
- Tune Samsung1: No
- Tune Samsung2: No
- Suppress Bluetooth Noise: No
- Abandon Short Records (seconds) 0
- Record format WAV

- Incoming Calls, Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 0
- Restart Recording Upon Answered: No

- Outgoing Calls, Auto Detect Max Time (Seconds): 0
- Restart Recording Upon Answered: No

Record calls perfectly, thank you! But 'WAV Sample Rate' is only 8000. This option does not work.

We'll investigate it further more.

Updated
=======
Please update the app to the latest version, the problem has been fixed.

As of the last update to version 8.4 GP Boldbeast recorder is no longer working on the Snapdragon AT&T S7.  I am a premium user and it has been working flawlessly before the last update.  Now, I am getting constant error messages saying unable to record or playback and when I don't get the error message, it will not record either side of the Bluetooth conversation that I have when I am in my vehicle.  Again, this worked fine before the update and the last update was the only change that has been made to the phone. I am using the settings from this thread (the same setting that worked fine before).

Can you please fix the issue or let me know where I can download a copy of the app from before the latest update?  As of now, it is not working and I would really like to continue using this app.  Thank you.

With V8.4 if you record calls using the WAV format, a few phones sometimes meet the "Write File Error" problem.
Please update the app to the latest version, the problem has been fixed, the app works flawlessly now.

Hi there,

I was buy a licence for Nokia but now I want to buy one for android, do you can give me a little discount or a transfer licence ?

Only the Android license can be transferred to a new Android phone, a Nokia/Symbian license can't be transferred. Sorry for that.
And there is no discount, sorry again.

Does it's record a viber / whatsapp calls ?
Also it's not right that just a android transfer licence and no transfer for nokia :(

Voip calls such as Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Hangouts etc cannot be recorded, no matter what Android phone you are using, no matter what recorder in the market you are using. This is limited by Android. Only normal calls can be recorded.

my device G930F
when recording my voice is fairly quiet!
my opponent's good to hear.

My attitude:

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes

Other users said it works very well for their SM-G930F.

Are you recording via a wired headset, a bluetooth headset, or the normal earpiece?
If you change "Tune Audio Route" to Group1 or Group2, has it any difference?

boldbeast wrote:

Voip calls such as Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Hangouts etc cannot be recorded, no matter what Android phone you are using, no matter what recorder in the market you are using. This is limited by Android. Only normal calls can be recorded.

I use Galaxy S7 edge

Perhaps I am missing something, but on my T-Mobile S7, I can't seem to get the app to auto-record.

In the Settings>Call Settings>Manually Record Calls, I left the defaults checked

In the Settings>Call Settings> Auto Record Calls>Enable Auto Record Calls (Status: Enabled); Rule to Auto Record Calls (Exclude List); Exclude List (I picked names from contacts, but the number I'm testing with is NOT in that list.

Is there another setting I missed?

Cheers

1. Please check following options in the app:

Call Settings - Abandon Short Record (seconds)  ---> don't be too large
Call Settings - Max Space Limited (MB)  ----------------> don't be too small

2. If you add the telephone number 123456789 into the Exclude List, a call will not be recorded if the telephone number is as following:

(1) 123456789
(2) +15 123456789
(3) 567-123456789

So please consider these situations.

3. If the problem is still there, please click the "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" item in Boldbeast Recorder to send hardware log files to me, let us have a look at them and see what happened. Thanks.

Hello  I have just purchased the pro version and also do not have auto calls recording at all...I've check the 2 parameters you mentioned to the previous poster and they are fine..

How can  I get it working on auto mode?

I used the settings in the first post. Manual recording works fine

S7 edge

Thanks

Please confirm you have enabled the auto record calls feature.
Check following options in the app:

Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Enable Auto Record Calls
Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Rule to Auto Record Calls

i just want to  clarify, if i get a verizon s7 edge will it record bluetooth both ways without root? As of now, there is no way to root the s7 and i've been holding off Because i need to be able to record both ways. I have an s5 right now and it's rooted which is why i can record bluetooth both ways. Please clarify. Thanks

Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge have many variants, A T-Mobile S7 Edge user said bluetooth recording works well without root. Many other Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge users said bluetooth recording works well without root, but they didn't tell me what phone they were using.

So far there is no Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge user complains about bluetooth recording problems, for this reason I believe all variants work well.

Hello,
I'm an happy user on  Galaxy S7 Edge (Europe) and everything works well, even via Bluettoth, with settings on first page!

Just a little-little problem: Record volume is a little bit low and when I share wav via Whatsapp there are a lot of "gaps" in the record.
So i have to convert in mp3 and share that.

So question is: Can I use other recording formats (i guess mp4 or amr), any side effects?
Any suggestion on what is the best format for whatsapp sharing?

Thank You

MP4 is OK, no side effects.

boldbeast wrote:

MP4 is OK, no side effects.

Thank You so much.
Encoder 1 or 2?  Sorry I have no idea about what's the difference.

All phones support Encoder1, only newer phones support Encoder2.
Encoder2 is suggested, in most phones it works better.

What settings would work best for a rooted approach?

DangerDane wrote:

What settings would work best for a rooted approach?

Samsung disabled the call recording feature in the ROM, this is the reason why other recorders don't work well. Because Boldbeast Recorder can smartly bypass the limit without root, so root is not needed. Please use the same settings suggested in the post #1 even if you have rooted the phone.