Android 7.0, 7.1
===============
No root needed, Boldbeast Recorder records calls perfectly in two directions for Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus.
Please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No

By default all settings are set correctly, so just install the app and go, recorded calls are crystal clear in two sides.
Bluetooth recording works great also.

Android 8 Oreo
===============
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus record calls flawlessly on Android Oreo 8.0, recordings are crystal clear in both sides.
Please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to V11.1, click "Set Default Settings" in the app after installation.
All S8 / S8 Plus variants in all countries work great, No Root Needed.

Android 9 Pie
===============
In some countries Android 9 works great, no root needed. However in some countries the call recording feature was disabled, you can only record your own voice, the caller's voice is very weak in recordings, no matter what recorder you are using in the market. In this case you should root the phone then this app can fix it perfectly. More information: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic17 … rding.html

About voip call
===============
Voip calls such as Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Hangouts, IMO, Facebook Messenger etc cannot be recorded,
- no matter what Android version you are running.
- no matter what recorder in the market you are using.
This is limited by Android. Only normal calls can be recorded.

About call via wifi
===============
- Some phones treat "call via wifi" as a normal call so it can be recorded, some phones treat it as a voip call so it can't be recorded.
- Galaxy S8 (all variants) can NOT record "call via wifi", no matter what recorder you are using. Confirmed by users. So please disable the "wifi calling" feature in your phone.

Following Galaxy S8 uses the Qualcomm MSM8998 chip:
SM-G950A   AT&T (USA)
SM-G950P   Sprint (USA)
SM-G950R4  US Cellular (USA)
SM-G950V   Verizon (USA)
SM-G9500   Hong Kong

Following Galaxy S8 uses the Samsung Eynos 8895 chip:
SM-G950F   Global
SM-G950T   T-Mobile (USA)
SM-G950W8  Canada
SM-G950FD  Southeast Asia
SM-G950L   Korea
SM-G950K   Korea
SM-G950S   Korea
SM-G9508   China
SM-G9509   China

Following Galaxy S8 Plus uses the Qualcomm MSM8998 chip:
SM-G955A   AT&T (USA)
SM-G955T   T-Mobile (USA)
SM-G955P   Sprint (USA)
SM-G955R4  US Cellular (USA)
SM-G955V   Verizon (USA)
SM-G9550   Hong Kong

Following Galaxy S8 Plus uses the Samsung Eynos 8895 chip:
SM-G955F   Global
SM-G955W8  Canada
SM-G955FD  Southeast Asia
SM-G955L   Korea
SM-G955K   Korea
SM-G955S   Korea
SM-G9558   China
SM-G9559   China

Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus: Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus: Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder

Galaxy Note10: Galaxy Note10 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

4 (edited by egorzilla 2017-04-29 22:54:32)

I recently picked up a Galaxy S8 Plus on Verizon.
I have tried the above settings, I set it to auto record my calls. I have double and triple checked this setting.
When I get call or make a call, the icon show up like its going to record.  Then just disappears and the call is not recorded.
Same apps I had on my LG V10 which worked just fine, other than the ones that came with the phone.
I've been through the troubleshooting guide. NO other recording apps running.  Permissions are all set/enabled. App has not been force closed.
What else can I check to get this working?

5 (edited by Wegener22 2017-04-30 09:14:20)

Same here: unbranded Galaxy S8 with the settings described above:
no automatic call recording. No error message, it simply doesn't record.
(The button lights red, then switches off within the call).
The little "Indicator Icon" doesnt occur.
Tried it also with Record Mode 3/5, with Samsung Tune on/off.
Switched battery optimizing for boldbeast off - to prevent deep sleep.

Most possibly, you enabled the OK Google app in your phone. The microphone is occupied by OK Google, it is picking up sound from the microphone to recognize your "voice command", this blocks Boldbeast working.

Please disable the "Settings > Google > Search > Voice > OK Google detection > From any screen" option in your phone, then it works at once.

Yes! It works. Thank you so much!

8 (edited by elcantodelloco 2017-05-07 13:30:31)

Hello!

On "SM-G950F   Global" the funcion of "Auto Record Calls" (obviously enabled) dont work, so I have to press the record button on each call.

The rest of the app works perfect

Thanks and reggards

P.S. I have the PRO app

elcantodelloco wrote:

On "SM-G950F   Global" the funcion of "Auto Record Calls" (obviously enabled) dont work, so I have to press the record button on each call.
The rest of the app works perfect

Please:
- confirm you have set the "Call Settings - Auto Record Calls - Rule to Auto Record Calls" option correctly.
- check the [005] and [004] parts for the possible reasons in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

The problem is already solved.

Apparently it was a problem with the memory card and randomly appeared a message that said something like "slow memory card" until I saw it.

When tested on internal storage it worked properly, so the card was damaged or was slow.  (Probably the last)

Old card: Samsung EVO 64gb UHS-I "U1"

New card: SanDisk Extreme 128gb UHS-I "U3" V30

Now the application works perfectly.

Thanks and regards

I was getting the same problem with the red record light coming on for about five seconds then turning off
I set my phone to below settings and did a soft reset
all works perfectly
the only problem I have now is trying to get the activation code

- Record Mode: 5

Do soft reset

The application is working almost perfectly on my s8 +, though the caller's voice is much lower than mine, sometimes inaudible. Any easy solution?

fabio wrote:

The application is working almost perfectly on my s8 +, though the caller's voice is much lower than mine, sometimes inaudible. Any easy solution?

A common call recorder in the market has exactly the problem you said.
Boldbeast Recorder is different, it can fix the problem perfectly without root. Please test again, just use suggest settings above, you'll record calls crystal clear in two sides.

Does samsung galaxy s8 record by bluetooth?

Wojtek wrote:

Does samsung galaxy s8 record by bluetooth?

So far there is no user reported any bluetooth problems, so I believe bluetooth works great also.

I gave this a try and even did some of the trouble shooting but all it was turn on and turn off a few seconds later on my S8+.
What else can I do to get this app working on my phone?

kittysktr4 wrote:

I gave this a try and even did some of the trouble shooting but all it was turn on and turn off a few seconds later on my S8+.
What else can I do to get this app working on my phone?

Please see the [001] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html all possible reasons are listed there, it will 100% solve your problem. Just read it again.

bluesea wrote:

I was getting the same problem with the red record light coming on for about five seconds then turning off
I set my phone to below settings and did a soft reset
all works perfectly
the only problem I have now is trying to get the activation code

- Record Mode: 5

Do soft reset

Thanks beaps mate, was going crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't get this to work but followed your post and now works PERFECTLY! ☺ You champion!!

I've tried all your suggestions listed and still cannot get it to work on my new S8+ . The link you posted on the post leads to a 404 not found error. Any other suggestions to get this to work?

Thanks

Thanks for telling me that the link is broken.
I have just fixed it, now please click the link above to see the Troubleshooting page.

When making or receiving calls thru speaker "Hands free" the caller is not recorded. On record only my voice.

- Record Mode: 1 or 5
- disable Settings > Google > Search > Voice > OK Google detection >

ap wrote:

When making or receiving calls thru speaker "Hands free" the caller is not recorded. On record only my voice.

So the ROM has a bug inside - when you switch on the speaker you can only record your own voice. No matter what recorder in the market you are using the problem is always there.

If you don't root the phone, you should wait Samsung to fix it in future ROM updates.
If you root the phone, Boldbeast Recorder can fix it.

Hi, I'm having some issues with recording.

I press the record button and start talking on the phone. When I look at the phone (while on call) the recording has stopped. So from the display is turning off (which happens when you talk on the phone/holding it near ear/face) and back on the recording stops.

There is no recording logged because it doesn't log/save calls under a few seconds (if I'm right?). This means it isn't really starting?

I have default settings on s8. What other info is needed? I think I have the latest updates..

Thanks

ricola wrote:

I press the record button and start talking on the phone. When I look at the phone (while on call) the recording has stopped.

Most possibly the recorder failed to start recording, please
- remove all other recorders.
- disable OK Google.
- disable Bixby.
- click the "Settings > Set Default Settings" item in Boldbeast Recorder.
Then it works at once. More info: http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

ricola wrote:

it doesn't log/save calls under a few seconds (if I'm right?)

Yes, the recorder abandons the recording if it is too short. You can change the "Abandon Short Record (seconds)" option in the app to tune the behaviour.

hi,

after latest official samsung OS update last week, recording of the other side stopped working. I hear only my voice in recordings. Not even a low volume hint of the other side, it's completely inaudible.

Current build number: R16NW.G950FXXU1CRB7
Android 8.0.0