1 (edited by Moro160568ph. 2018-06-11 10:58:18)

Does Samsung Galaxy Note9 call recording work well?

Samsung Galaxy Note9 has many variants, some of them use the Samsung Exynos 9810 chipset (for example SM-N960F, SM-N960FD, SM-N960N etc), some of them use the Qualcomm SDM845 chipset (for example SM-N9600, SM-N9608, SM-N960U, SM-N960U1 etc).

Android 8
=======

In Boldbeast Recorder please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3

No root needed, recorded calls are crystal clear in both sides.

From users' feedback, so far all variants work smoothly, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go.

Android 9
=======

In some market areas (like Italy, Taiwan, Israel etc) Android 9 enabled the call recording feature, so no root needed, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go, recordings are very good.

However in some areas Android 9 disabled the call recording feature, as a result your voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact. Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem if you root the phone. Without root there will be no solution in the world unfortunately.

Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder
Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge: Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Call Recorder
Galaxy S5: Galaxy S5 Call Recorder
Galaxy S5 mini: Galaxy S5 mini Call Recorder

Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note7: Galaxy Note7 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note5: Galaxy Note5 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note4: Galaxy Note4 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy A7: Galaxy A7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

Boldbeast has worked PERFECTLY on ALL of my Samsung Notes for the LAST 9 YEARS.
NOTE, NOTE 2 through NOTE 9...
Perfection in a phone recorder!

Just so everyone knows, call recording doesn't work on Samsung phones in the US after upgrading to Android 9.0. Also, I've heard that Snapdragon phones cannot be rooted. So, we are just stuck. I know I asked this question for S9, but I am wondering whether call recording works on Note 9 in any other country. If so, it will be great if you could mention your model# and region.

Users told me Galaxy Note9 Android 9 doesn't need root in Italy, Taiwan, Israel.

7 (edited by njdude2012 Yesterday 19:15:11)

Thanks Boldbeast. Do you know whether call recording will work if I use sim from any of the countries above in the US phone? Or, do I need to buy a new phone outside US?

From this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy … s-t3776628 the author said he found "Samsung sets country code to use from the mcc/mnc of the sim card inserted." That means the call recording feature of some Samsung phones is related to the SIM card you are using. Don't know if Galaxy Note9 is in the same situation or not.