1 (edited by Moro160568ph. 2018-06-11 10:58:18)

Does Samsung Galaxy Note9 call recording work well?

Samsung Galaxy Note9 has many variants, some of them use the Samsung Exynos 9810 chipset (for example SM-N960F, SM-N960FD, SM-N960N etc), some of them use the Qualcomm SDM845 chipset (for example SM-N9600, SM-N9608, SM-N960U, SM-N960U1 etc).

Android 8
================

In Boldbeast Recorder please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3

No root needed, recorded calls are crystal clear in both sides.

From users' feedback, so far all variants work smoothly, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go.

Android 9
================

In some market areas (like Italy, Taiwan, Israel etc) Android 9 enabled the call recording feature, so no root needed, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go, recordings are very good.

However in some areas Android 9 disabled the call recording feature, as a result your voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact. Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem if you root the phone. Without root there will be no solution in the world unfortunately.

Android 9 Pie call recording: https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic17 … rding.html

UPDATE
Thanks to the feedback from jongariepy. Please enable the option "Tune Samsung2" in Boldbeast, then Android 9 works perfectly without root!

Android 10
================
Android 10 call recording

VoIP Call Recording
================
Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Google Voice, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Line, WeChat, Skype, magicApp, Signal etc. Android VoIP Call Recording

Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus: Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus: Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder

Galaxy Note10: Galaxy Note10 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

Boldbeast has worked PERFECTLY on ALL of my Samsung Notes for the LAST 9 YEARS.
NOTE, NOTE 2 through NOTE 9...
Perfection in a phone recorder!

Just so everyone knows, call recording doesn't work on Samsung phones in the US after upgrading to Android 9.0. Also, I've heard that Snapdragon phones cannot be rooted. So, we are just stuck. I know I asked this question for S9, but I am wondering whether call recording works on Note 9 in any other country. If so, it will be great if you could mention your model# and region.

Users told me Galaxy Note9 Android 9 doesn't need root in Italy, Taiwan, Israel.

7 (edited by njdude2012 2019-02-14 19:15:11)

Thanks Boldbeast. Do you know whether call recording will work if I use sim from any of the countries above in the US phone? Or, do I need to buy a new phone outside US?

From this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy … s-t3776628 the author said he found "Samsung sets country code to use from the mcc/mnc of the sim card inserted." That means the call recording feature of some Samsung phones is related to the SIM card you are using. Don't know if Galaxy Note9 is in the same situation or not.

9 (edited by pieronda 2019-02-20 14:28:38)

Hello,
I am an Italian owner of Galaxy Note 9, purchased from Samsung online store in Italy, so it is a "no operator brand" phone. Recently (sadly) upgraded to Android 9,
N960FXXU2CRLT, Italian H3G SIM card and, among other (minor) issues with several apps (as I expected, since we users are the beta testers nowadays????), I found the marvellous Boldbeast stuck... :(((
It used to record clear high voice of the remote speaker even through any Bluetooth device like earphones or car integrated system (the only one recorder I found to manage to do this, I bought two licenses for two different phones!) and now, despite there is no law breaking in Italy on recording phone calls, I realized the remote speaker voice is recorded only as far as it can be heard by my phone's microphone from my phone's speaker... Result: very very low volume. As I muted my microphone during the phone call recording, nothing is recorded at all (proving that only my microphone is enabled to record...)
I am so sad... :°°°
It is a very expensive phone (I bought the 512GB version) and, though I have done lots of rooting and stuff in the past, I would prefer not to do it this time...
Would you suggest a different original Pie version to be flashed through Odin to do the trick...?
I am desperate, and as Italian phone and sim card it was supposed not to be affected...! o_O
Thank you
Chiara

Previously a user told me Galaxy Note 9 Android 9 doesn't need root in Italy.
Your ROM is N960FXXU2CRLT, but his ROM is N960FXXU2CSA7. Maybe there are differences inside.

boldbeast wrote:

Samsung Galaxy Note9 has many variants, some of them use the Samsung Exynos 9810 chipset (for example SM-N960F, SM-N960FD, SM-N960N etc), some of them use the Qualcomm SDM845 chipset (for example SM-N9600, SM-N9608, SM-N960U, SM-N960U1 etc).

Android 8
=======

In Boldbeast Recorder please use these settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3

No root needed, recorded calls are crystal clear in both sides.

From users' feedback, so far all variants work smoothly, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go.

Android 9
=======

In some market areas (like Italy, Taiwan, Israel etc) Android 9 enabled the call recording feature, so no root needed, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go, recordings are very good.

However in some areas Android 9 disabled the call recording feature, as a result your voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings. No matter what recorder you are using in the market the result is the same. You can test and confirm this fact. Boldbeast Recorder can fix the problem if you root the phone. Without root there will be no solution in the world unfortunately.

This is an impossibly complex issue to be certain a person can resolve before they start. I understand some markets (and how exactly is a market associated with a handset) have the native dialer showing recording and presumably Boldbeast will work? Rooting for a Qualcom phone may not work. India apparently works as does Russia, Italy, the UK and when I called a call center in the Philippines they said it was working (native recording in the dialer). And then.... I see the post from Italy below and it says it is not working?

There are a number of approaches, all suck;

1) rooting, personally I want to be not inclined and have a Qualcomm CPU.

2) Downgrading.... to Oreo but then there would be no security patches?

3) sourcing a handset from a market that works? But how to be sure? And how to know that with OTA updates it would not happen again one day?

4) Using ODIN to put a different build on a device without rooting. It's not clear to me if this works.

Short of moving to a country where it works for now.... there is nothing certain. And with the arbitrary way Google took this away even that absurd idea would not be certain.

If anyone knows of a definitive way to do this or an XDA person in Vancouver Canada I can speak to please let me know. But this is a true Charlie Foxtrot.

boldbeast wrote:

Previously a user told me Galaxy Note 9 Android 9 doesn't need root in Italy.
Your ROM is N960FXXU2CRLT, but his ROM is N960FXXU2CSA7. Maybe there are differences inside.

I double checked the phone details looking on the web for the right "hidden" codes and realized that N960FXXU2CRLT is the modem code, and my ROM build  is actually N960FXXU2CSA7....!   Goodbye to the beautiful dream to flash a different original ROM and solve... How can it even be possible that two phones with same ROM (mine and that customer's one, who declared Bolbeast works fine) have such a different behaviour...?

Smith909 wrote:

4) Using ODIN to put a different build on a device without rooting. It's not clear to me if this works.

That's exactly what I was considering to do, right before I realized that my ROM is one of those who should be working but it isn't...!

Smith909 wrote:

If anyone knows of a definitive way to do this or an XDA person in Vancouver Canada I can speak to please let me know. But this is a true Charlie Foxtrot.

I really hope someone either from XDA or Bolbeast can find a solution soon...

We'll release a new version soon. It can fix the call recording problem for all Android 9 phones with root.
If you have rooted your phone and want to test the new version, please write to me service@boldbeast.com.

Update
Now Boldbeast Recorder V12.0 is released, it can fix recording problems for all android phones in theory if you root the phone.

Galaxy Note9 SM-N960F Android 9 in Taiwan

The ROM N960FXXU2CSA2 built in 2019-01-07 works great, no root needed.
The ROM N960FXXS2CSB2 built in 2019-02-08 no longer work well, now root is needed.

15 (edited by weez 2019-04-18 04:56:26)

Hi everyone,

I have a Note 9 SM-N960F Exynos bought at Dubaï. It is running Android 9, ONE UI 1.0. N960FXXU2CRLT (non rooted).
Last security update was in January 2019-01-07 (I didnt update yet though i received the february security update).

I am running Boldbeast Recorder 12.0. Call recording works on mode 1, caller volume is a little bit low but it's ok.

But when I use a wired headphone, I can barely hear the caller's voice.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you,

weez wrote:

But when I use a wired headphone, I can barely hear the caller's voice.

Obviously the ROM has bugs inside related to wired headset, and that made the problem.
No matter what recorder you are using the problem will surely be there, because the problem is in the ROM.
Only Samsung can fix it in future ROM updates.

17 (edited by weez 2019-04-18 04:57:13)

ok thanks.
if i update to the february security update (2019-02-01), will i still be able to record calls?

weez wrote:

if i update to the february security update (2019-02-01), will i still be able to record calls?

We have no feedback from users about it so far.

I´m From Brazil.
My Note 9 Model is SM-N9600, Android 9, N9600ZCS3CSH2. May you inform if Boldbeat works fine for it?

paulopcsys wrote:

I´m From Brazil.
My Note 9 Model is SM-N9600, Android 9, N9600ZCS3CSH2. May you inform if Boldbeat works fine for it?

Please click "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder, then test again.
If it works, that's OK. If the caller's voice is weak in recordings, you should root the phone to fix it because all recorders can't work well in this case.

Note 9     
Canadian version: SM-N960W
Android 9

---Works Really Good!---

In the settings " Fix Recording Issues "
I enabled: • Noises Suppress
                  • Tune Samsung2

jongariepy wrote:

Note 9     
Android 9

---Works Really Good!---

In the settings " Fix Recording Issues "
I enabled: • Noises Suppress
                  • Tune Samsung2

Thanks for sharing this information.

23 (edited by jongariepy 2020-03-16 16:50:17)

Note 9     
Android 10

---Works Really Good!---

I just upgraded to Android 10. It wasn't working at first but I followed exactly what they said in the trouble shooting: Go to "Call Settings" then "Manually Record Calls" (Even if you don't plan on recording your calls manually and you only want your calls to be recorded automatically, to there!) Then tick the "Hotkey", it wil bring you to "Accessibility" settings for you to enable "Boldbeast Call Recorder". IF, like me, the "Hotkey" was ticked and "Accessibility" service was "ON", don't worry yet, just keep following the instuction...

The next step is go to the Home page and select "Settings" then "Set Default Settings". This will automatically set the right settings for your device. To verify, go to "Call Settings" and check the "Record Mode". It should be on "Mode12" now.
Then go to" "Fix Recording Issues", tick "Noise Suppress" and "Samsung Tune2".
Leave the other setting as they are…

jongariepy wrote:

Note 9     
Android 10

---Works Really Good!---

I just upgraded to Android 10. It wasn't working at first but I followed exactly what they said in the trouble shooting: Go to "Call Settings" then "Manually Record Calls" (Even if you don't plan on recording your calls manually and you only want your calls to be recorded automatically, to there!) Then tick the "Hotkey", it wil bring you to "Accessibility" settings for you to enable "Boldbeast Call Recorder". IF, like me, the "Hotkey" was ticked and "Accessibility" service was "ON", don't worry yet, just keep following the instuction...

The next step is go to the Home page and select "Settings" then "Set Default Settings". This will automatically set the right settings for your device. To verify, go to "Call Settings" and check the "Record Mode". It should be on "Mode12" now.
Then go to" "Fix Recording Issues", tick "Noise Suppress" and "Samsung Tune2".
Leave the other setting as they are…

Thanks for sharing, and glad it works.