Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10+ have been released in the market. The phone is running Android 9.0. From users' feedback, in some countries the phone records calls great, just install Boldbeast Recorder and go. However in some countries the call recording feature is disabled by Samsung, as a result in recordings your voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak, no matter what recorder you are using. In this case you should root the phone, then Boldbeast can fix the problem.

Android 9 - No root needed
=======================
So far from users' feedback, the phone works good without root in UK, Russia, Latvia, South Africa.

Android 9 - Root needed
=======================
In most countries root is needed. After root the phone please
- Install Boldbeast Recorder V12.6 or a newer version.
- Open Boldbeast Recorder, tap the item "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Install CallRecordingFix Module", it will display the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved.
- Open Magisk Manager, tap the top-left icon, tap Modules, tap the bottom-center "+" icon to install the CallRecordingFix module.
- Power off then power on the phone.

Use these settings to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1
- Fix Recording Issues - Tune Audio Route: Group1

Now you can get good recordings, both your voice and the caller's voice are crystal clear.

Android 10
=======================
If you have upgraded your Galaxy S10 to Android 10, please install Boldbeast Recorder V12.9 or a newer version, and
- Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen.
- In Boldbeast Recorder use Record Mode 12 to record calls.
In some countries both your voice and the caller's voice are crystal clear in recordings (for example USA, Canada etc), no root needed. However in some countries (for example South East Europe etc) your own voice is good but the caller's voice is very weak in recordings, in this case you should root the phone to fix it.

More info: Android 10 call recording

Android 11
=======================
If you have upgraded your Galaxy S10 to Android 11, please install Boldbeast Recorder V14.9 or a newer version, and
- Tap "Settings - System - Accessibility" in your phone (not in Boldbeast), enable Boldbeast Call Recorder on the screen.
- Tap "Settings - Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast.
Then it works at once. No root needed. Recordings are crystal clear in both sides.

VoIP Call Recording
=======================
Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Google Voice, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Line, WeChat, Skype, magicApp, Signal etc. Android VoIP Call Recording

Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus: Galaxy S20 / S20 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus: Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus: Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus: Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Call Recorder
Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Call Recorder

Galaxy Note10: Galaxy Note10 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note9: Galaxy Note9 Call Recorder
Galaxy Note8: Galaxy Note8 Call Recorder

Galaxy A9: Galaxy A9 Call Recorder
Galaxy A8: Galaxy A8 Call Recorder
Galaxy J7: Galaxy J7 Call Recorder
Galaxy J5: Galaxy J5 Call Recorder

So I'm in the UK and yes it works but not with bluetooth is that a hard limit without rooting? this is where Google messed with it and you're not expecting a work around?

I'm from Italy: I can just record my voice. :(
I don't want to root my phone

CurioCT wrote:

So I'm in the UK and yes it works but not with bluetooth is that a hard limit without rooting? this is where Google messed with it and you're not expecting a work around?

Glad to know Galaxy S10 works good without root in UK, when no bluetooth headset connected.

Obviously there is a bug inside the ROM related to bluetooth.
If you don't root the phone, there is no solution from third-party apps. You should wait Samsung to fix the bug in future ROM updates.
Even if you root the phone, at this moment I believe you still have no solution from third-party apps. However I can try to fix it. I have fixed bluetooth problems for many phones. After root the phone please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me, I'll check the files then change recording parameters in the app trying to fix it.

boldbeast wrote:

Obviously there is a bug inside the ROM related to bluetooth.
If you don't root the phone, there is no solution from third-party apps. You should wait Samsung to fix the bug in future ROM updates.
Even if you root the phone, at this moment I believe you still have no solution from third-party apps. However I can try to fix it. I have fixed bluetooth problems for many phones. After root the phone please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me, I'll check the files then change recording parameters in the app trying to fix it.

Ahh ok but I am not planning on rooting this one for the first time ever I'll check back after ROM updates, is anyone bugging samsung about it? is there a ticket raised that I can add to?

I have the same problems with calls via Bluetooth. If i play back the call, i only hear myself.

I don't want to mess around with root stuff, because i am affraid of bricking the phone. Also, i do not have the skills to do this.

Very inconvenient this issue.

I have an American S10e (carrier unlocked). It has the issue stated about the voice recording from the other side not being loud. Basically, the recording app is unusable this way. As far as I can tell, this Snapdragon version can not be rooted yet. And I doubt I will want to root it if a method does become available. I don't want to lose Samsung Pay and other secured services that go away with root. I have been a supporter of this recorder app for a while now. I like it and think it is the best recording app out there (when it works). I am a "Pro" subscriber.
However, I am getting very tired of going through this "app not working" routine after each update or new phone. I simply want a recording app that works with my phone.
So, I am respectfully asking, "Will this app work as expected on my phone without rooting it in the near future?" By "work" I mean will it record clearly and loudly both voices on either side of the call and also do so when using a bluetooth device? I simply want something that works. I understand that Samsung keeps changing things but they won't stop doing that.
I was very happy with this app on my S7 and it worked very well in all circumstances.
I also understand how much time and work goes into making it work with different phones. I know it isn't easy and I do appreciate  all of your efforts.
Please let me know if Samsung has finally made it so that calls can not be correctly recorded with this app on this phone. If there is no hope for it working correctly on my phone I guess I will try other apps, but I don't think any of them will be as awesome as BoldBeast.
Thank you for your time and efforts.

scott14719 wrote:

So, I am respectfully asking, "Will this app work as expected on my phone without rooting it in the near future?"

Galaxy S10e in some countries works good, no root needed. But obviously in America it needs root. Without root is it possible to make it work good? Unfortunately, no. Without root there will be no solution in the whole market undoubtedly.

boldbeast wrote:
scott14719 wrote:

So, I am respectfully asking, "Will this app work as expected on my phone without rooting it in the near future?"

Galaxy S10e in some countries works good, no root needed. But obviously in America it needs root. Without root is it possible to make it work good? Unfortunately, no. Without root there will be no solution in the whole market undoubtedly.

Thank you for your response. It is unfortunate that Google decided to screw their Android users by locking the call recording possibilities. Then again, Samsung could have provided call recording possibilities on the US phones like they do on some of the other regions. Regardless, I will still tell people about your great product if they want to use the best app available for recording calls on phones that support call recording functions. Again, thank you, and maybe someday a "fix" for the situation can be available without root.

Is it possible to root phone --> enable needed recording options --> un-root phone?

There are some banking apps that will NOT work on rooted phones, so I would like to know if Boldbeast could try if there is a process that enables recording via root and ends up in un-rooted phone.

timdallas wrote:

Is it possible to root phone --> enable needed recording options --> un-root phone?

Nowadays almost all users use the Magisk root solution. Magisk doesn't support the way you said. However, it has a feature named "Magisk Hide", maybe you need this.

UK s10e oby recording my voice and passively through the mic the other end.

What settings are needed to make it work for both ends?

Bidoa wrote:

UK s10e oby recording my voice and passively through the mic the other end.
What settings are needed to make it work for both ends?

Please click "Set Default Settings" in Boldbeast Recorder. If it works good that's OK. If it doesn't work you should root the phone to fix it, because all recorders in the market surely don't work either in this case.

15 (edited by darkartz 2019-09-27 16:23:11)

Hi, I'm from Australia (down under).

So we have the s10 released via few network providers and also via samsung.
None of the firmware versions we have here support BB call recording.

And reading about how rooting via Magisk method will trigger your KNOX counter forever means
no more warranty claims, no Samsung Pay, Samsung Health etc.
The only way to unroot would be to replace the Printed Circuit Board (PCB)/ MotherBoard
and this information officially comes from Samsung.

I have been a BB user for so long and I come here after using many call recorders over time.
This software is quite integral for my use and for that very reason for the past 6.5yrs I've used a
Samsung S4. But no longer can I keep with larger and complex apps so I got the S10 (SM-G973F).

So can some one from UK, Russia or South Africa or Latvia kindly comment here what firmware you are using.
So that I can download that official firmware and flash the phone. And I'm still having warranty.

And has the Bluetooth issue been fixed?

The firmware version can be found under Settings>About phone> Software Information> Service provider SW ver. > The 3rd row which has a sequence xxx/xxx/xxx

Thank you.

darkartz wrote:

So far no user contacted me and said "I have rooted my phone, please check my log files and try to fix the bluetooth problem, I'll help to test it". So we didn't fix it, and I believe no one fixed it. It seems there are not so many users who need to record calls via bluetooth headset. Sometimes Samsung fixes the problem itself in new ROM updates. Don't know the current state.

boldbeast wrote:
darkartz wrote:

So far no user contacted me and said "I have rooted my phone, please check my log files and try to fix the bluetooth problem, I'll help to test it". So we didn't fix it, and I believe no one fixed it. It seems there are not so many users who need to record calls via bluetooth headset. Sometimes Samsung fixes the problem itself in new ROM updates. Don't know the current state.

In terms of Bluetooth recording came in to play, because I sometimes use the Galaxy S3 Gear watch, and then my car stereo to answer calls. I'm looking to buy a 2nd device to sacrifice for rooting. If I do come across one I'll send you the logs.

I have changed the Australian Vodafone firmware to the UK (BTU) latest version and left unrooted. Boldbeast records bothways without a problem, however the bluetooth issue is still evident.

Hi, here from Spain.

I have a S10 Plus with Exynos and Android 9.0 and Bolbeast Recorder app works fine. I don't know what will happen when Android 10 arrives but at the moment there is no problem.

Best regards.

r.castaner23 wrote:

I have a S10 Plus with Exynos and Android 9.0 and Bolbeast Recorder app works fine. I don't know what will happen when Android 10 arrives but at the moment there is no problem.

Glad to know Android 9 works good without root in Spain.
At this moment we have no feedback from users in Spain about Android 10. Feedback are welcomed.

boldbeast wrote:
scott14719 wrote:

Do you know in which countries the recording works for s10e? And especially which firmwares?

I'm from The Netherlands and unfortunately I can't record 'the other side', only passively through my microphone.

When hitting *#1234# this info shows up:
PDA: G970FXXS3ASJG
CSC: G970FOXM3ASJD

Product code is PHN (Netherlands - Unbranded)

iotkb wrote:

Do you know in which countries the recording works for s10e? And especially which firmwares?

Sorry, I don't know.

Hi,
call recording in S10e/Exynos/Android 10 is broken. Everything okay in Android 9.
Now Android 10 verBSKL multiromOXM csc XEZ. Root Magisk. CallRecordingFix v1260 module installed.

The call appears to be recorded, it is visible in the record list, but it cannot be played - it is silent. The application does not report an error after "recording" the call.

Current settings
Record Mode 1
FixRecordingIssues / Group1

Is there a solution?

THX, Lukas

Can you please click "Call Settings - Fix Recording Issues - Ask New Parameters" in Boldbeast Recorder to send log files to me? Let me have a look at them and see what happened in your phone. Thanks.

thanks, i sent a log

I checked your log files.

You have installed the CallRecordingFix module, and the module is working. In this case the recordings are still silent, this indicates the ROM has problems inside. All recorders don't work for sure even with root, you can test and confirm it.

The Samsung stock ROM doesn't have this problem.
You should change to another ROM.