I received the Android 12 update today on my phone, and it looks like boldbeast does not like it at all.  It simply won't start, and trying to open it will only display the BB logo and it will stay stuck there.  Impossible to get in the app.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't help.  And since I cannot open the app, I also cannot send the debug logs :(

2 (edited by nadieaqui 2021-11-01 18:48:35)

kinwolf wrote:

I received the Android 12 update today on my phone, and it looks like boldbeast does not like it at all.  It simply won't start, and trying to open it will only display the BB logo and it will stay stuck there.  Impossible to get in the app.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't help.  And since I cannot open the app, I also cannot send the debug logs :(

Same for me. Pixel 3a XL. stock rom (Build SP1A.210812.016.A1). Magisk 23.0 (23000), Magisk App 23.0(23000)(21)
BoldBeast v14.9 (purchased)

Update - 2021-11-01
FYI: I tried Skvalex (v3.4.9) which worked. I used Magisk to install Skvalex ("Call Recorder - SKVALEX") which made necessary changes and installed the app. tested on 5 calls (using phone and Bluetooth headset) - my voice and the other person was recorded clearly.

I can confirm (not that confirmation is needed, but...) that Boldbeast 14.9 Pro is not working on my new Google Pixel 6 Pro (Android 12, Build Number SD1A.210817.019.C2).

As a side note, CubeACR does work, albeit not on connections involving Bluetooth.  Any time a Bluetooth connection is involved, only my side of the conversation is recorded.  CubeACR support says that's just the way it is, and nothing can be done to make Bluetooth/Android 12 recording work correctly.

This gives hope that the paid version of Boldbeast can be made to work, even if not on Bluetooth, because I prefer Boldbeast, at least for now.

4 (edited by kinwolf 2021-11-17 14:47:08)

Dunno if we'll get a fix soon though as the dev seems MIA since june?

kinwolf wrote:

Same here, galaxy s21 ultra android 12

6 (edited by hawk 2021-12-15 22:08:26)

Yep... I have the same problem. BB will not open properly and i just get a Black screen with a BB logo! Galaxy S21 Ultra.. Android 12 .... Paid version of BB

Hopefully BB will find a solution to this, they usually do. To date I have heard of other apps that will do things that BB doesn't. I am yet to find that true!

Please please please BB, fix this quickly!

kinwolf wrote:

Dunno if we'll get a fix soon though as the dev seems MIA since june?

That is very disappointing.. I was just about to buy the voip app for our sales team.

Same for me with Samsung Galaxy S21 5G dual SIM: BB freezes and won't work since Android 12 (beginning of November).
Please Bold Beast, answer and help us!

9 (edited by volt26 2021-12-26 22:22:12)

I tried Boldbeast : it crashes on launch and it doesn't work with Android 12.

Thank to nadieaqui for telling us how he got a way to record calls. I did the same and I'm back on track. The sound quality isn't as good as when I was on Android 8, Galaxy S8, Boldbeast, unrooted but it's good enough to record calls at work and avoid taking notes manually.

I am now on Android 12, Pixel 6, Call Recorder - SKVALEX, rooted with Magisk.

I used this video tutorial to root my Pixel 6, it worked like a charm : watch?v=ee_bEN2nEao

Another dead install here, been a paid user since a8.

BoldBeast paid, Pixel 5a5g, Magisk 23 rooted.  Updated from A11 to A12 today, and BB fails to run;   black screen with logo, just freezes there.  Uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache and storage, I am prompted to select the install options, permissions, etc, and when it gets to the point it should run, it fails in the same fashion.

I know there is always a curveball thrown at the dev with each new Android version, and he's always overcome them and prevailed.

I am hoping beyond hope this gets fixed, hell Ill pay again, seriously,whatever it takes.   Feels like a hole in my phone life, I really love BB and have come to rely on its solid performance over the years.  This is a real tangible loss, and I hope the dev is doing well, staying healthy, and continues to support BB.   So many miss this as badly as I do, if its a matter of money, PLEASE just ask, most of us would pay again if it gets us to a working BB again.   

Fill us in and let us know if you're OK, maybe locked down with this damned Covid stuff, or whatever, maybe just busy with life.  If we don't know how we can help get this back on track, we can't help! 

Even if its curtains and for whatever reason its over, please let us know.  I will be forever sad about it, and doubt other solutions will be as incredible, but at least we will know either way.

Hope you're well dev and sure hope you'll consider the content of my post.

K

I just updated my note 21 to Android 12. The app will not open past the black screen and only shows the pawprint. I have appointments saved in boldbeast and cannot even access the files I need.

12 (edited by benniit 2022-01-11 05:23:30)

With all our posts, registering our displeasure, is BB aware of the Android 12 incompatible with the app? They are not telling us anything. We haven't received any response from them since November, 2021. They should address this quickly for us. They should know that most of us have paid.

benniit wrote:

With all our posts, registering our displeasure, is BB aware of the Android 12 incompatible with the app? They are not telling us anything. We haven't received any response from them since November, 2021. They should address this quickly for us. They should know that most of us have paid.

Yes indeed...

Loved BB for years, but also not working on Android 12.  Is development halted on this?  Anyone found another product to record on Android 12 in the U.S.?

badgenes wrote:

Loved BB for years, but also not working on Android 12.  Is development halted on this?  Anyone found another product to record on Android 12 in the U.S.?

Specifically I would like one that does not require root. I am on a Samsung phone and will not kill my resale value to root it.

16 (edited by rjh 2022-02-08 02:56:16)

Ditto on a Magisk 24.1-rooted Pixel 6 Pro under Android 12 version SQ1D.220105.007 (January 2022). After Granting post-installation permissions, I get either a black screen OR a green claw in blue circle on black ground -- and the app does nothing. I [re]installed version 14.9 (from the BB website) twice, once via ADB from my PC, once solely within the device (never touched the Google Play version).  No joy ... The dev has been very conscientious about fixes and solutions, so I do hope dev is still developing this app.  If not, perhaps dev would consider releasing the code so that we can debug it. I recognize that testing on every new device can become a costly affair, and if that is the case, please let us know.  Many thanks for a great app all these years.

P.S. Installed Skvalex v3.5.0 ("Call Recorder") on this phone. Works flawlessly. Has all the features of BoldBeast that I used & valued. DL from the skvalex website, not the Play Store. Costs $10 for all features.

Is the developer still alive?

Same issue. App won't start. Any solutions?

Waaaaaahhhhhh. Me too...

I want my Boldbeast back, I paid years ago.

Please help us developer xoxo

Dear Developer,

I have paid for this software for several devices. However, those upgraded to Android 12 cannot load the application anymore.
Please make an update to support Android 12 or, at least, tell us you will not support this app anymore so we can know we lost that money and we have to go find a replacement as Cube. However, I would expect a serious developer to support their product for at least 5-10years.

21 (edited by john_lelos 2022-02-22 18:52:06)

Is the developer still alive ?!

When he last replied / updated the app ?

This was the best recording software for Android

Samsung A52, Android 12, not working with BB.   Again, anyone see the best alternative to this app?

Galaxy S10. After Android 12 BB stopped working. I tried downloading apk from BB site as in one discussion they had written about it. But it did not work. More than a month has passed, I have been checking the site for solution but to no avail. I have the pro version for more than 5 years.

Same problem here on S20 Ultra. when I do a fresh install, it shows the screen about missing permissions. As soon as I grant them, the app won't work anymore - just a black screen.

The same problem with Note 20, please help.